LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Awwwwwwwwwww I'm sorry babe - with kids it feels like it never ends *sigh* - glad the enzymes worked though! YAY for relief! LOL
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Went MIA for a little bit there lol.
    Thankfully baby boy was fine. Morning full of puke, but after a good nap, he was ok. Well... still worn out but no more puke thankfully and no one else has gotten sick.

My week was ok though. Food choices were good but I've been HUNGRY lately.

Also decided that... no matter what, I'm starting OMAD next week. I thought going IF first would help, but I can't even get myself to do that. SO I'm just going to go straight in to OMADing next week. I have to. I can't keep pushing it off more.
    I don't want to get to the end of this year and regret not being stricter and losing some of this weight that I've gained.
    This week is just preparing mentally for it and then starting Sunday next week... OMAD. It's gonna be a hellava struggle but I'm doing it. No more excuses!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    You can do this👍😘
  • mistymeadows2005
    You've got this girl! Keep it simple - you know my mantra! Stay the course, run the play, trust the process <3
  • LiLee2018
    Sorry for going MIA again. Just taking a break before starting OMAD b/c I know I'm gonna be on here constantly again once I start. Especially the first week lol. I promise to catch up with everyone once I'm back to it! :)

Been good though! Just waiting to see what kind of weather we get here from this hurricane. Shouldn't be bad where I'm at thankfully. Will probably just be like a regular thunderstorm or rainy day tomorrow.
    Have to wait and see if school will be cancelled though. Lordy I hope so. I've been sleeping horribly. I think it might just be hormonal? I'll have to keep a log of it to see if it does get better/worse during certain times in my cycle.

It's good here though. Just... starting end of year stuff.
    We're supposed to be participating in Trunk or Treat this year (passing out candy) and I'm making the costumes. It's fun but I've never done this before so time consuming and a lot of trial and error.
    Also trying to think of presents to get for the kids. Already have some stashed, but we're not doing a ton of presents this year b/c we want to buy a VR set for the family. I think like one more present for each child and that will be it. MAYBE some little cheap things like play-doh or something but nothing more than that. Should still be a good Christmas for them :)
    My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks too. Not really worried about it. I'll be happy with keto friendly options. MAYBE I'll go low carb for the day so I can have some french fries and fried chicken lol, but nothing extreme like adding in a dessert too.
  • jadepearl
    You've got this! Cheering you on from here! :)
  • LiLee2018
    It took me like half a year to get back here lol, but I'm back and ready for some good OMAD action!

I am missing my coffee this morning, but having a diet dr pepper for the caffeine. I'd like to eventually give that up too, but small steps.

I've been pumping myself up all last week and well.. it worked. What worked best though was just seeing SOOO many OMAD success stories in a FB group I'm in. So many people just having so much success with it and thinking about all of you too. I got inspired AF! lol ;)

Yesterday was an unexpected cheat day though.

Inlaws were going to an apple orchard a few hours away and invited us. I ate like 3 apples, apple pastries, then came home and said F- it and finished off the day with fried chicken and french fries and some other junk lol.

Kinda sorta regretting it to be honest, but days like that will happen... but not often.

So yep... OMAD starts today and it's only 10am lol.

I know it's going to be difficult this week, but I'm FINALLY mentally ready for it.

I'm not weighing myself until Friday. I'll take a before/progress shot then and maybe measurements too.
    I do plan on trying to distract myself w/ lots of craft projects I've been wanting to get done and staying busy so hopefully this week won't be so bad while I get adjusted to OMADing again.

I may start exercising again this week too. Or getting the sunroom ready and start moving some of the exercise stuff in to it. I dunno yet.

Feeling really good and really positive. My period should be starting late this week or early next week. THAT is going to suck, but I'm determined now! Time to get this weight back off and then some!

I have a weight goal I would love to be by the end of the year, but I think I'd be happy if I was comfortably in a size 10 bottoms and medium shirts by then.
    There are A LOT of events coming up though so it's going to take a hellava lot of determination and consistency. I did it last year.. I will do it again!
  • Welcome back to it, you got this! Sounds like you have some great goals set for yourself. It’ll feel so rewarding to reach them!

Excellent idea about the exercise and moving the items to the sun room sounds great. Never hurts to get a little extra vitamin D into the system while exercising! :smile:

What type of exercise do you do? I’ve stuck to brisk walking but I’m looking into doing some more. Going to try some yoga tonight for the first time ever

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend!
    E.
  • LiLee2018
    Excellent idea about the exercise and moving the items to the sun room sounds great. Never hurts to get a little extra vitamin D into the system while exercising! :smile:

What type of exercise do you do? I’ve stuck to brisk walking but I’m looking into doing some more. Going to try some yoga tonight for the first time ever

I plan on weight training. I just can't do cardio. It's SO boring. And it is too damn hot outside to walk around. I might do it once the weather cools off... A LOT. I know my boys would love walking around the neighborhood with me.

So yeah.... to start off with.. weight training... and I think I'm going to have to push myself to work harder at it. Before, I started off really light weight, but I want them gains! lol I'm not going to push myself to the point of injuring myself or anything crazy, but just using heavier weights :)
    We have one of those stackable weights home gyms (like this) along with some lightweight dumbbells and whatnot I'm going to use.

I need to lose more weight and gain a lot more strength, but one of my fitness goals is to be able to do a pullup. Right now I can't even hold my weight so I have along way to go, but I want to get there eventually :)
    I would also love to be able to do pushups too, but I can't even put any weight on my wrists... not even inclined. Not sure what can be done about that, but time will tell! I think losing more weight will definitely help though.

I need to start doing Yoga too. I'm as stiff as a board. Would be nice being able to touch my toes without bending my knees :)

Anywho... first day back on OMAD went great!! I'm sure it had a lot to do with being super motivated, but it went surprisingly well and easy. I'm sure it won't be this easy later when it's just me and the kids at home. But I'm going to try to keep myself busy like I said.
    Lots of projects to get done! :)

I broke my fast w/ a coffee (monk fruit, half & half) at 3:30 and now I'll be eating dinner in a little bit (probably around 6) with some kimchi stew (spam, kimchi, mushrooms, tofu)
    Right now I'm going to aim for 3pm every day to break my fast and then eventually tighten my eating window more. But right now I think it'll be ok :)

Also might be low carbing it this week instead of keto. We picked A LOT of huge juicy delicious apples and I don't want them going to waste. Will be a delicious way to end my meal.. or break my fast. Either way :)

• jadepearl
    I am never good with weight training...I am opposite to you. I love zumba! I am not too good with yoga either as I can twist or turn...I am like an ironing board..lol. Good luck with your OMAD! You've got this, girl! :)
  • LiLee2018
    Yep.. this 2nd day is tougher. Time is going by soooo slooooooow lol.
    It's going to be a longer fasting day too. Daughter just started an after-school dance/cheer class and then my son has gymnastics. Won't get home until about 6:30.
    I can't have my coffee b/c well.. don't need coffee poops to occur at gymnastics :P lol
    Oh well. Maybe it will be good for me to have one day a week of longer than usual fasting.

And I did weigh myself this morning. I had a feeling it was going to be a bit higher than it was and yep.. 181.8. Not really shocked considering the unexpected cheat on Saturday and knowing how my body likes bloating up. Hopefully with continued fasting I can get that number to start dropping again.
  • mistymeadows2005
    SO GLAD you're mentally back on the wagon! It's a nice feeling!

Tell me more about this FB group! I wanna join!
  • LiLee2018
    SO GLAD you're mentally back on the wagon! It's a nice feeling!

Tell me more about this FB group! I wanna join!

It's called OMAD Diet - One Meal a Day Diet
    Just be warned, there are A LOT of the same questions asked by newbies in the group. I don't have a problem with it, but I always see people really annoyed by the same questions being asked lol.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I shall hunt it down!
  • LiLee2018
    Today's OMAD went well!
    I didn't break my fast until 6:30 tonight and felt pretty fine waiting too.
    There were moments where I did want to eat, but it wasn't actual hunger... just that 'want' to eat something.
    I was tempted to break my fast with an apple at 3, but I waited :)

Dinner tonight was steak & eggs. Also had about 2.5 apples, low carb raspberry yogurt and 1 grape :P lol

Think tomorrow's dinner is going to be the leftover kimchi stew w/ a can of mackerel in it :) Stinky but delicious!
  • LiLee2018
    OH! And I'm getting that tell tell sign that I'm fasting... my frickin feet and arms/hands were FREEZING all day today lol. Not so bad now since it's still hot here, but that's going to suck when the weather cools. OOO but that also means warm snuggly blankets and socks. Ok I need to stop talking about warm and snuggly b/c it's making me want a coffee lol.
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on OMAD-ing at 6.30pm :) Great job! Over here, we will be getting hot weather soon and by Christmas, it will be burning hot...40 - 45 degrees C. Keep up the good work! :)
  • LiLee2018 wrote: »
    I need to lose more weight and gain a lot more strength, but one of my fitness goals is to be able to do a pullup. Right now I can't even hold my weight so I have along way to go, but I want to get there eventually :)
    I would also love to be able to do pushups too, but I can't even put any weight on my wrists... not even inclined. Not sure what can be done about that, but time will tell! I think losing more weight will definitely help though.

I need to start doing Yoga too. I'm as stiff as a board. Would be nice being able to touch my toes without bending my knees :)

Anywho... first day back on OMAD went great!! I'm sure it had a lot to do with being super motivated, but it went surprisingly well and easy. I'm sure it won't be this easy later when it's just me and the kids at home. But I'm going to try to keep myself busy like I said.
    Lots of projects to get done! :)

First of all, congrats on getting past the first day! :smiley: The first day imo is the hardest. And you got that in your pocket. You can only go forward from there! Don’t forget the small achievements along the way. And if you wouldn’t mind a small tip or idea; perhaps write them down here or in a pocket journal. I started doing that and it really helps me staying motivated when it becomes hard. I read them back and break through the mental / physical blockades.

A lot of great goals. Keep striving, you WILL get there! Remember what Joe says about food, it sort of applies to goals as well: I can have you, just not now! :wink:

About the yoga.. It made me laugh. Oh my, is that what I’m supposed to be able to do eventually?! :lol: I’m a kneebender also. I guess I’ll keep you posted on the struggle, haha.

Good luck today, keep it up!
  • LiLee2018
    Lol... I might as well do squats with how much I have to bend my knees to touch my toes :P lol It's so bad.

Alrighty yall.
    Period started this morning. Still not used to having a regular cycle here, but it's been regular for the last few months so.. yay I think? lol
    And the hunger and exhaustion that goes along with it is here too.
    I slept horribly and am in desperate need of caffeine. Diet soda just isn't cutting it but... I just gotta hold out until 3pm, then I am going to down some coffee.

I actually went to bed at 9 last night, but got woken up at 10:30 with horrible gut cramps and eventually had to get up to use the bathroom and just could not get back to sleep after. After a couple of hours I got back to sleep, but it wasn't a deep sleep. Just ugh a bad night.
    Going to bed early tonight too hopefully.

I still haven't exercised this week. I dunno if it's going to happen this week. It's still a struggle to actually get started.
    One thing at a time though.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I haven't exercised in ages either boo - it's just not something I enjoy AT ALL...mostly because I spend most of my life avoiding crazily uncomfortable things and my brain wants to reject it LOL - it's not crucial for my journey over all, but it would be nice to look better naked LOL

BABE - for your caffiene...if diet coke or whatev doesn't do it for you, I'd suggest an energy drink (if you're not adverse to them). They're not the healthiest thing in the world, but if you're in a pinch? I have like 2 a day, it's SO bad...they're calorie free but I ALSO get the mega strong ones (300 mg of caffeine per can) because I clearly have a problem LOL. A cup of coffee is around 250, a diet soda is around 80ish usually. So the ED might do the job!

Is it weird that I don't mine the cold hands and feet? I don't get that anymore unless a do an extended fast but I kinda like it LMAO