LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    How much does it generally cost you? There's no price on ma' Walmart website

We buy it from Sam's. It's a 24oz container and we pay $7 for it.
    I've never looked for it in Walmart, but in Kroger, it's with all their fancy cheeses and costs the same but for half the amount. Maybe it would be around the cream cheese stuff in Walmart? I have no idea. Definitely refrigerated section though.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    How much does it generally cost you? There's no price on ma' Walmart website

We buy it from Sam's. It's a 24oz container and we pay $7 for it.
    I've never looked for it in Walmart, but in Kroger, it's with all their fancy cheeses and costs the same but for half the amount. Maybe it would be around the cream cheese stuff in Walmart? I have no idea. Definitely refrigerated section though.

Gotcha - I'll find out and report back :grin:
  • LiLee2018
    So it's gonna be an IF day. I made it to 12:30 before eating. I was debating if I wanted to OMAD or do what I was doing before. I decided to meet in the middle and IF.

I haven't cleaned a single thing today.... and apparently our friends visiting are going to be here for 10 flipping days. The hell? I thought it was going to be like.. 3 days.
    UGH.
    I mean yay friends but UGH... I want to be able to roam around my house and be comfortable without having to reign in my weird/gross self :P lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    So it's gonna be an IF day. I made it to 12:30 before eating. I was debating if I wanted to OMAD or do what I was doing before. I decided to meet in the middle and IF.

I haven't cleaned a single thing today.... and apparently our friends visiting are going to be here for 10 flipping days. The hell? I thought it was going to be like.. 3 days.
    UGH.
    I mean yay friends but UGH... I want to be able to roam around my house and be comfortable without having to reign in my weird/gross self :P lol

OMG Id kill someone! I don't like ANYONE enough to let them stay at my house for 10 days...I'd be hard pressed to agree to that for my PARENTS :D:D:D
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    This is the Pimento Cheese recipe which we use which we found online and it's so yum:
    Ingredients
    2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)

1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
    1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
    salt and black pepper to taste

Directions
    Place the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, minced jalapeno, and pimento into the large bowl of a mixer. Beat at medium speed, with paddle if possible, until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.

Glad to hear that the vertigo is gone.❤️ You will be in the 160s next week, I am sure👍 Cheering you on from Down Under📣👍 Wow, how many days? The longest we could house a person/s was 1 week and it was my parents. The family went haywire🙄🙄😔😂🤣😜
  • LiLee2018
    Seriously yall. This is my husband's fault. He made these plans without me (and then expects just ME to clean the entire house along with fixing crap for a work party too). Annoyed as hell, but... just whatever. I'll deal with it.
    Not the first time something like this happened and unfortunately it won't be the last.
    SIGH.....

Food yesterday was... a lot of stuff.
    4 scrambled eggs, salt and vinegar pork rinds, little bit of leftover steak
    rotisserie chicken (2 thighs, 2 legs), salad with romaine lettuce, cauliflower, cucumber (we went shopping last night lol), pimento cheese, caesar dressing
    Lots and lots of SF jello

Looks like OMAD for today should be no problem. Going to be a busy really annoying stressful day. Already is and it's not even 10am yet
  • jadepearl
    Where are you from again? I know that you are from the US but don't know which State. Good luck with OMAD today👍
  • mistymeadows2005
    Well Lisa,went shopping today but they didn't have the Jalepeno kind :disappointed: I wasn't willing to spend 5 bucks for 8 Oz if it wasn't the jalepeno kind lol

I might try that recipe jp posted... Jp can you throw that in the recipes thread too pretty please? :#

Sounds like some good eats lady!!!
  • jadepearl
    Yup, will do @mistymeadows2005 👍 Sure hope you will love it too😘
  • LiLee2018
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Where are you from again? I know that you are from the US but don't know which State. Good luck with OMAD today👍

I'm in South Carolina :)

misty- Boo. that sucks they didn't have the jalapeno one.

My weight seems to be stuck in the 172 range.
    It might drop before I break my fast, but meh. Frustrating but just gotta keep going.
    I think I'm just eating too much still. I am eating slower with the chopsticks, but I'm still just HUNGRY right now.
    Oh well. I know it will come back off... just going to take more time than I thought.

Sort of OMAD yesterday. I'm calling it OMAD. We went blueberry picking yesterday and I couldn't resist. I ate like... 5 blueberries and that's it at around 1pm and then ate dinner at 6pm. So yeah.. I'm just gonna say I OMADed :P lol

Dinner was rotisserie chicken (2 thighs, 2 legs, half a breast), salad (romaine lettuce, cauliflower, cucumber, caesar dressing).

I then made a blueberry dessert. Softened some greek cream cheese on the counter.
    I took about 3 cups of blueberries and added lemon juice and vanilla extract. Took a fork and smooshed some of them then set them in the fridge while waiting for the cream cheese to come to room temp.
    After about an hour, I took about 1c of monk fruit sweetener and whipped it with vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream. Maybe about 1.5-2cups worth of cream.
    Whipped until stiff. Then added in the cream cheese and whipped that in well, then used a spatula to mix in the blueberry mixture. Wanted it a little tart so also added in some citric acid.
    SO dang good. Yummy no bake cheesecake minus the crust :)
    I ate a lot of that... A LOT of it lol... so yeah.. not surprising that my weight hasn't moved :P lol

• LiLee2018
    Oh and my water intake was severely lacking.
    We weren't home for most of the day and I wasn't about to try to chug down a ton of water just a couple of hours before bed lol.
  • LiLee2018
    CRAP! Water again has been lacking. Just completely forgot about it after posting b/c I was busy doing chores. WOOPS! Will try to get in more before bed.

Dinner tonight was slow cooked pepper steak using beef cheek for the first time. We saw it for sale at Sam's and decided to give it a try.
    It is EXTREMELY fatty. If you don't like beef fat.. it's definitely not for you. It's beefy though and not bad. Good for that slow cooked shredded type of beef dish.
    I know DH won't like it though so going to fix him a steak.
    I'll have to freeze the rest b/c there is a lot of it.

I also ate lots of blueberries and more of the blueberry cheesecake stuff I made.

Also broke my fast early too at 1pm with some spicy pork rinds and my long missed coffee. Sweet delicious coffee. I missed coffee so much.
    It's not even about the caffeine. I was still drinking my 1 diet dr pepper. I just missed the warmth and flavor. Never was a coffee person before, but I suddenly am now.
  • LiLee2018
    Waiting for my melatonin to kick in.
    Thinking that I want to go back to carnivore. Try it out while omading. Dirty carnivore bc I'm not giving up my coffee and hot sauce... Or diet sodas lol.
    I have been enjoying my veggies and some fruit and stuff lately but I think I need to get a bit more strict. I haven't been slacking and eating junk, but I have been overeating a lot lately. Maybe including just bone broth days again would be a good idea. I do still have a lot of packs of chicken feet to use.

I dunno... I may change my mind, but for now, that will be the plan for after friends visit. Carnivore and maybe bone broth only days too. Or hell... Just coffee days. Who knows lol.

This week is going to be nonstop cleaning. Sigh... Sooooou h to clean. So so much. Our house is a disaster area. I swear. My kids aren't bad, but dang they can be destructive. I'll have to get some photos of some of my walls lol. Nothing that some paint wouldn't fix but still annoying!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I'll have more to respond tomorrow when I'm not tired but O. M. G. DOES THAT BLUEBERRY CONCOCTION SOUND AMAZING...now Imma hafta try it... Can I use reddiwhip you reckon? (I'm lazy and cheap lol) Fill me in on this Greek cream cheese :relaxed:
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    sorry for all your family drama ---cleaning is the worst.....I agree with @mistymeadows2005 the blueberry thing <3 drool!
  • LiLee2018
    I'll have more to respond tomorrow when I'm not tired but O. M. G. DOES THAT BLUEBERRY CONCOCTION SOUND AMAZING...now Imma hafta try it... Can I use reddiwhip you reckon? (I'm lazy and cheap lol) Fill me in on this Greek cream cheese :relaxed:

Is reddiwhip the can whipped cream? I mean you could certainly try it out and see how you like it, but it won't be as thick. The heavy whipping cream whipped makes the mixture lighter than a cheesecake would be, but still keeps it thick... if that makes any sense lol. I just use my cheap $20 electric hand mixer and it whipped up pretty fast.
    This last batch was my first time ever having greek cream cheese. I saw it at Kroger and it was the same price as the regular stuff so thought... why not? And gave it a try. I think it was softer than regular cream cheese, but it tasted the same.

I'm procrastinating. I should be cleaning but I'm delaying it for a little longer b/c booooo cleaning!
    Starting on the kitchen and I'm going to declutter the hell out of it! So much space wasted by crap we aren't using. Time to throw away some junk! I still need to do that with my kids' toys too... but that will be for another day.

Meal today is going to be kimchi stew. I forgot to buy tofu for it, but that's ok. I do love me some tofu in it, but not enough to go back to the store :P lol It will be fine without it.
    Nomnomnom... I can't wait!!!
    Just have to figure out what the hell to fix DH for dinner.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yes, but I could get the tub kind too - either way I'm WAYYYYYYYYYYY to lazy to use heavy cream...plus I'd PREFER it lighter, and there's no way I need that many cals. Kimchi stew sounds RIGHT up my alley :) Please take pics and tell us what's in it etc :# Cream cheese, well, if I see it and it's no more expensive then I'm down to try it!
  • LiLee2018
    Ah crap! Wish I had seen your post earlier. I ate almost all of my stew lol.
    It was spam, kimchi and red pepper powder oh and sesame oil. I left some kimchi on the counter to ferment for a few days and yeah... It was yummy!
    Oh and I hard boiled 3 eggs. Peeled and plopped those in it too. Actually really good and gave that tofuish texture. Would've been better if yolks had remained a little runny.
    Also made more of the blueberry stuff with regular cream cheese. Regular stuff didn't mix in as well, so there are little clumps, but it still tastes just as good.

Ate waaaaay too much and kimchi stew had a lot of salt in it. I was lacking on my water but more than made up for it now.

And I got a good Christmas no of the kitchen cleaned. I slacked off most of the day though. Need to do it early tomorrow before trash gets picked up. Still have a lot of crap to go through and throw away
  • LiLee2018
    What the... I need to proof read before posting from my phone lol.....

I got a good *chunk of the kitchen cleaned.
  • LiLee2018
    So I completely forgot to OMAD today. WOOPS!
    Went out early for some cleaning supplies. Came home and fixed myself a cup of coffee without even thinking about it.
    Took my first sip and then instantly remembered I was supposed to be OMADing lol.
    Oh well.

I do need to start tracking my food though b/c my weight has not moved out fo the 170's yet. It was actually up to 175 this morning. Not surprising with the salty food last night and all the water I drank after.
    Still though.... not really happy that my weight hasn't moved. I know it's b/c of the overeating though. I've just been HUNGRY after the 5 day cheat. Dunno if my appetite is up just b/c or b/c of the cheat still. I need to do something though. Never going to see results I want if I don't figure something out.

Dinner tonight is going to be pan fried shrimp w/ salad and a much smaller portion of the blueberry dessert after lol.