LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Options

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Oh and in non food news....
    Our washer may actually get fixed tomorrow! FFS... it's been 3? months now?? Our bathroom is a mountain of kids clothes and our room is also filled with our dirty clothes.
    A lot of the kids' clothes and towels will need to be washed at least twice. Good lord. The washer and dryer are going to be constantly on for like 2 weeks straight with only our clothes NM houseguests needing to use it as well.

AND I can't remember if I had mentioned this before, but our stove has also been broken. The buttons on it started to not work like right before or right after the washer broke.
    We've only had 2 burners that have been working which wasn't a huge deal, just annoying and most of the numbers for the oven don't work so you can't set the temp to have a 5,7, etc in it. Again, it wasn't a huge deal b/c the oven auto sets at 350 which is what most things require. BUT recently more buttons have started to not work... like the OFF button for the oven. We've been having to flip the breaker to turn the oven off when we use it and more of the numbers have started to not work, like 1.
    Soooo yeah... someone supposed to be coming out on Friday to take a look at that. Houseguest #1 looked up some videos on it and it was a simple enough fix, but of course, that's not what is wrong with OURs.... of course not :\
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Man oh man, sounds like you've had a myriad of things to deal with - sending you good vibes :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Oh and just learned the smaller burner button isn't working anymore so we're now down to just one burner lol. Geeze....

Anywho... Houseguests fixed some Indian food. Butter chicken with all the fixings. I enjoyed the butter chicken but with cauliflower instead. Sigh. It was good though. First time having it and it was yummy. Lots of carbs in the sauce but not too much.

Total calories today..m about 1630. Those darn leftover pork ribs keep calling to me and they're so darn good.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LMFAO I ate ribs for a week straight minus the holiday so I feel ya! They're SO GOOD and easy to make and CHEAP if you get 'em on sale!

STOP. You're never had butter chicken?! OMGGGGGGGGGGG I'm an INDIAN FOOD JUNKIE! It's like crack to me...I'm not exaggerating, I could eat an entire order of that or chicken tikka masala or pork vindaloo or ANY of it...and it'd usually feed 3 people :D
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Lol, not a lot of Indian food options here which is kinda surprising. We JUST got a little Indian market opened up which is where houseguest bought everything.
    I tell ya.. it's giving me some indigestion. Or maybe it's the pickle juice I drank lol

In bad news though. Houseguests had to put one of their dogs to sleep tonight. They rescued a German Shepherd years ago and turns out it has megaesophagus. Basically the esophagus doesn't work to move food or liquid down to the stomach so usually a special chair that sits the dog upright needs to be used. But if the food, liquids just sit there, most likely the dog will regurgitate everything.
    I guess it was manageable at first. He was healthy a few years ago when we last saw them, but his condition got worse and when they arrived, he was skin and bones. A fully grown German Shepherd that only weighed 45lbs.
    They took him to an emergency vet and got him special medication, but he was going downhill fast.
    Uuuuuuugh. I feel so so bad for them. I know they did what was best bc they didn't want him to suffer anymore. Still sucks though.
    Guess that is one of the burdens we take as pet owners. Needing to make those tough decisions even if it breaks your heart to do it 😞
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwww mannnnnnnnnn that's the worst :( I took it HARD when I had to put down my Smidge in Oct 17 - really messed me up...sending them love...glad you're there to support them though
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    They're managing as best as anyone really can after that.

In better news though. Washer is FINALLY fixed!! Holy crap. I just want to cry. Seriously. Just.... Uuuuuuugh. Just in the new ck of time too bc my oldest boy suddenly has a cold and he has a very sensitive gag reflex. He already threw up twice today... After he has had some milk. Nothing like the smell of curdled partially digested milk puke.

But holy crap .... We can wash clothes again!!! /Happy cry
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYY FOR WASHING CLOTHES!!! WOOT WOOT!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Alrighty...
    Calories for today are at around 1400-1500. Closer to 1400 I think.
    I did break fast early with some coffee. I slept HORRIBLY last night. Like the worst night of sleep in a long time.
    I think it was partially b/c I couldn't get houseguests out of my mind (and what they're going through) and hormones b/c I usually get really restless before period starts which it did today.
    Fun.
    I had 2 cups of coffee with heavy cream and monk fruit
    Dinner wasn't until 5pm though so... technically it was still one meal? :P lol
    Dinner was marinated chicken thighs (soy sauce, sesame oil, 5 spice, etc etc) over a salad (romaine lettuce, cauliflower), 1 avocado and some pimento cheese w/ a creamy italian dressing. Crap... I forgot to add in the avocado.. so probably closer to 1500. Oh well. still not bad :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that your washing machine is fixed and yeah for being able to wash clothes again👍😘 Aww, so sorry to hear about the German Shepherd😢 1500 calories is not bad at all😘
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    YAY on your washing machine!!! Good work on your calories!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Feeling pretty good, but ttotm is making me HUNGRY. I had 2 cups of coffee first thing this morning.
    Also just got done eating lots of leftover pork ribs too so dinner is gonna be another salad lol. I'm cool with that b/c kinda craving salad :)
    It is torture watching everyone else enjoying their carbs though. SIGH lol DH hasn't been eating strict either so it's just been me. Oh well though. It's all good. I can resist!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LMAO for some reason the carbs never call to me...maybe because I tend toward low carb eating naturally but don't force it? Anywho, nice job holding off on those extra cals! How goes the inching toward OMAD?
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Well no OMAD today. I woke up wanting food and it's first full day of AF so pfffft.
    It will probably be the same tomorrow, but usually the hormones ease up around day 3 so I'll be getting back to fasting again.

Calories today were also high. Around
    2200 or so calories. Think a little less but rounded up. Nothing bad, but like I said, just HUNGRY today and dang those ribs are so many calories.
    Also made more blueberry stuff, but only had a couple spoonfuls since calories were already up there. Didn't want the blueberries to go bad so using them for a dessert I can at least eat.
    Dinner was a salad with 2 boiled eggs, but I also pigged out on some pork rinds too.
    Bad thing is, I'm still starving ng. SIGH
  • jadepearl
    Options
    I know what you mean about cravings for carbs! I love carbs - pasta, rice, noodles...you name it, I will love it :lol: For me, trying to cut down on carbs ....so difficult. :( When AF comes, I eat like a bear..just can't get full. However, I tend to stop by day 3. Hope that's how your AF works too. Don't worry about it...OMAD is a lifestyle. If you don't succeed today, try again tomorrow :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I don't get the AF hunger so much, but my hunger levels DEFINITELY vary day to day, so I understand the physical hunger/cravings/need to eat more you're talking about. I theorize that it's probably related to the iron we're losing at that time, but that's pure conjecture LOL

Man I still wanna make that blueberry stuff and even bought some fancy cream cheese, but haven't gotten around to it...the fruit this time of year kills my calories every time :D ah well...it's good for you so whatever LOL
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yeah I was actually thinking about it yesterday wondering if it was our bodies just needing the extra food b/c we're dumping so much out. Like just an evolutionary thing to make sure our energy is kept up during this time or something. /shrugs
    After having my last child, my cycles have definitely become more regular with more symptoms. Before having him, my boobs never got sore, no major mood swings nada. Maybe a pimple before my period, but that was about it. Now, I get all of that along with the hormonal crap. BAH! Thankfully I don't cramp though so I'll count my lucky stars for that at least.
    AND with AF here now... I don't have to worry about it showing up for our beach vacation anymore!! WOOO! Well.... at least not in the beginning or middle, but maybe the end of it...

Sleep has been AWFUL lately. My older boy is sick with a summer cold and came in to our room last night crying. Of course he climbed in to bed with us and he's a typical little child sleeper... aka a rabid octopus with restless limbs syndrome and add on top of that a bad chesty cough. I would doze off and he would move or cough and wake me back up.
    He woke up crying this morning complaining that his ears were hurting. As soon as houseguests were awake, I asked them to watch the other 2 so I could take him to doctor. Thankfully no infection, just slight redness and hopefully it doesn't get any worse.
    Youngest has developed a runny nose and a little cough now though. Awesome....

I can already tell that hunger is up up up again today so will probably have another high calorie day. It's ok though. I'm feeling ok overall. A little bloated, but that's normal for this time.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yeah I don't get a whole lotta symptoms either except maybe one period a year...of course I only have 4 of them, but still...i can handle once a year. And actually, when it does happen I do get the hunger but I more get the emotional side, so honestly it's probably more emotional hunger than anything else.

Sick kids *sigh* it never ends LOL - I totally understand...love 'em but sometimes JE-SUSSSSSSSSSS lol

Yay for no AF on vaca! WOOT WOOT!
  • greenandblack77
    greenandblack77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can definitely relate to feeling all the symptoms around the period time. I calculate my PMS'ing time and try not to make any important decisions in that time - may sound extreme, but I'm usually in such a foul mood that I'm better off waiting it out LOL

Good thing you will "do your time" now and your vacation is in the clear!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Glad to hear that AF is here now and not during your vacation👍 I never like it when AF comes during my vacation as it always spoils it for me. Oh no, your poor babies❤️ Get well soon💕💕