LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Options

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Well so much for feeling like I lost :P lol
    Houseguests left yesterday. I REALLY wanted fried chicken before I started back up so yep... had some for dinner along with a bunch of other junk for the last week.

I haven't weighed myself but I can feel it. Just aching and feeling bad. BUT have my house back to myself again so yay :)

Also plan on trying to stick to just carnivore + coffee for now. I was thinking about doing an egg fast, but we have a lot of brisket leftover that needs to be eaten and the heck if I'm gonna let brisket go to waste lol.
    I also took out some bone broth too. Not sure how up to just bone broth I'll be right now, but we'll see!
    Only have a week and a half until our beach trip. Not expecting miracles to happen or anything though lol. I did a lot of damage this last week and the week at the beach won't be much better.
    Still only plan on carbing it up but not with sugary treats. That just seems like that's where my body starts gaining at a ridiculous rate. Maybe I'm just kidding myself though. I dunno.

That extra amusement park day was fun... at first. It was BRUTALLY hot though. I mean just so hot it was oppressive. I tried staying in the shade, but still managed to bake my brain enough to get a heat headache that was terrible every time I moved.

We also went to the zoo before they left. Kids always enjoy that although it was super hot too and my youngest kept wanting me to lift him up to see everything. Child.. my back can't handle that! lol

And yeah.. Week and a half until the beach. Then that's going to be a full week of cheating w/ a birthday thing that weekend we're back.
    And then after that... should be good to go for a long stretch of healthy eating.
    Damn though... I have a lot of weight to get BACK off. I don't really want to set a weight goal b/c I usually never reach it.. but by Christmas, I'd really like to be in the 150's.. like well well well in to the 150's... almost 140's lol.
    We'll see though. That's a lot of holidays and birthdays in there. But I got this. I did great the first year.... this 2nd year is starting off a bit rough... but I got this :)

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Well super glad things are back to normal! Observation - I had a week+ of over eating, and even though it didn't show that much on the scale (maybe 3-4 lbs), I did a full fast to get back into the mode and it somehow triggers my "OMAD brain" LOL - maybe try like a 48 hour or 72 hour fast to help get a chunk of the initial weight off and reset your body and mind? It always seems overwhelming to me when I'm out of practice so to speak, but it's really never that bad.

Either way, find the days to keep it low and OMAD=y and hold on to those...they'll help balance you out :)

Welcome back to normalcy babe!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, my dear <3 As OMAD is a lifestyle, just pick up where you left. In no time, you will be where you want to be. How hot is hot? Like 45 degrees C? We get these temperatures during summer and I just hate it :(
    Glad to hear that you are back up on to your wagon! Cheering you on from Down Under <3
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    I really wish I could do a proper fast. I'm just not prepared to do it mentally yet. Hell, I can't even get myself to OMAD again right now. So much has been happening lately and then worrying about vacation... OMAD is on the back burner for now. Healthy eating isn't though.
    I did manage to keep it keto yesterday :)
    I had 3 cups of coffee (monk fruit, 5tbs of half and half each cup)
    brisket w/ hot sauce for lunch
    leftover teeny tiny chicken wings for a snack
    egg and chicken salad for dinner (canned chicken, 3 hard boiled eggs, onion, pickled jalapeno, mayo, jalapeno pimento cheese)... ate half of it for dinner.

After vacation... it's time to get serious though. Time to bust out the rest of the bone broth from the freezer and start doing bone broth 'fasts'. Maybe start off with an egg fast first. I dunno.. I haven't really decided. AND of course I need to get my butt back to OMADing again too. Damn. I feel like such a failure when it comes to that. I just don't know WHY it's been so difficult for me to jump back in to it. BUT daughter is starting back school Aug 21st. Having the schedule of picking her up and waiting to have anything until I get her might make it easier like it did before. We'll see though. Hopefully I'll get my sh-t together before then lol.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Hey, don't be so hard on yourself <3 You managed to do keto and that's a start. You were saying an egg fast? How does that work? Eggs only for your meals? Haven't heard of this before.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Being conscious of it is half the battle babe! You've got it solidly in your mind which does it's own editing, so you're getting there! You've got this babe!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    jadepearl wrote: »
    You were saying an egg fast? How does that work? Eggs only for your meals? Haven't heard of this before.

Egg fast is basically doing 0 (or close to 0) carb for 3-5 days

It's at least 6 eggs a day. You're supposed to eat within 30mins of waking up and eat at normal meal times if you're hungry.
    You're also supposed to have 1tbs of healthy fat per egg. Butter, mayo, bacon fat, heavy cream (maybe?) etc.
    You can also have 1oz of cheese per egg.
    If you get hungry inbetween meals.... eggs.

I don't really follow all of the "rules"... like eating within 30min of waking and whatnot. I also didn't bother with that much fat if I felt like whatever I was fixing could be cooked with less. Like scrambled eggs... a tbs or less of butter was enough.

And I think a lot of folks use 0 carb sweeteners too to create egg desserts to help keep it from getting boring. There are a ton of recipes out there. I just kept it really simple though for when I did it. Scrambled eggs, egg drop soup, hard boiled eggs, egg salad etc.
    I did it twice, 3 days each time.
    I can't remember how much weight I lost both times. I think it was 3lbs the first time, but then I gained one back once I started eating normal again. But 2lbs in 3 days still isn't shabby.
    And the 2nd time... I wanna say it was 4lbs? Or maybe that was only 3 too? I can't remember. The day after I kept my first 2 meals eggs and then ate whatever keto meal for dinner and didn't gain anything back.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I could probably rock with an egg fast - I love me some eggs, I love FAT, and I love cheese - maybe I'll try this! I dunno, though, I can eat my way through a crap ton of calories worth of eggs....even if it's eggs only :confounded:
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Wow... zero carbs? 😲 For a carb lover, I don't think I can last as I will be craving for carbs. 3lbs in 3 days is amazing though. May be you can do that to start the engine going as you have done it before and it works👍 Good luck🍀👍👌❤️ Have a wonderful weekend ❤️
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    I love eggs too. The first time I did the egg fast... I was tired of just eggs by the 3rd day, but overall it wasn't really that difficult.
    I think I ate between 7-8 eggs a day and my calories for the day were around 1700-1800, so it definitely wasn't super low cal but I still lost weight doing it.
    I think I'm going to try it out again once we're back from vacation.

I did NOT do well yesterday. Or well.. at dinner. We invited family over for pizza... mostly b/c I wanted to see my mother-in-law's new pug puppy. First up... that puppy is the cutest fattest little butterball! So sweet too and loved running after my kids lol. OMG that puppy.... wish I would've gotten a photo of it, but a photo wouldn't have done it justice. Just... fat... fat fat adorable pug puppy!!!! lol
    After they left... DH and I decided to get our drank on! A LOT. Too much! Ahem... we had fun though and stayed up until 2 or 3am.
    I woke up with a hangover though and the only thing I could keep down that didn't upset my stomach was popsicles. Lots and lots of popsicles.

Bloated like crazy and while the hangover sucked.. it was worth it lol

Back to business tomorrow though :) We usually go shopping Saturday but well.. that didn't happen so I might be going by myself tomorrow.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    If the egg diet works, then may be you should start with that. That would kick start your weight loss journey and motivates you to loose more weight. 👍😉 Good luck🍀👍 Aww, pug puppies are soooo cute😍🐶 Have a wonderful weekend ❤️😘
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yeah I think I'm going to do it again after our beach vacation. I think it will be a good way to get my body back in to the keto swing of things (not that I really have a lot of difficulty with that though), and just get my mindset back to being more restrictive so I can get back to doing OMAD again or even just some bone broth days.

This week is going to be keto, then beach vacation starting Sunday.
    I didn't even come close to my goal for our vacation and that honestly sucks, but it's ok too.

This definitely isn't going to be the last time something like this happens and I gain weight back, but it's also not going to stop me from continuing on so I can reach my goal. It's all a learning experience right now.
    Learning what my body does when I do go off the rails. What can I expect, what could I possibly do to keep it from gaining so much back while still enjoying some things? And so on and so forth.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I love your attitude Lisa!!! Life happens and it's ok - remember how bummed you were that you didn't hit goal, use it as fuel for the future, and MOVE THE F ON! LOVE IT! Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting back into the mindset for the week, it can be hard if it's not consistent.

I'M UPSET WITH YOU!!!!!!!!! NO PICTURES OF THE PUG?!?! WTF LISA! LOL - you KNEW I wanted pictures of DAT PUG!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHA - get some next time...i love me some smushy faces (OBVIOUSLY lmao)!
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Lol... Oh I plan on getting some photos of the pug. He's SO darn cute and smooshy and just the happiest little pup. So jealous of MiL lol. I need me a puppy! :P lol

Oh no no.. I'm not struggling this week with eating keto. Thankfully eating keto isn't a struggle. It's fasting that is the struggle now. I wasn't very clear with my other post lol.
    Even just thinking about fasting (a real fast even just OMAD), makes me groan internally. I know it works, but my mind just isn't having any of it. I'm hoping that doing an egg fast and maybe some bone broth days will help get that going. I think that I'll start IFing at first and build up to eventually OMAD again. At least, that's the plan for now. Depends how I'm feeling later.
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Oh my body cleaned itself out yesterday.
    Coffee maybe with the help of mushrooms.
    I think that combo just put my gut in overdrive yesterday b/c I spent over half the day in and out of the bathroom.
    Every time I drank something, I had to go back. lol
    GAH... I love mushrooms though. I cooked an entire container of them for my lunch. Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, soy sauce and sesame oil. Little bit of chicken broth and let it simmer.
    So good and filling and low calorie! Carbs are a little high for the amount I ate, but still not too bad.
    So so good... but my body gets SOOOOOOOO gassy and bubble guts when I eat mushrooms.
    GAH I hate that the food I love always causes me the most grief lol.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Well the good news is that the reaction you're getting is because of all the GOOD STUFF in mushrooms - I love 'em too, and use them frequently :)

When are you doing your egg fast/bone broth fast? Pre or Post Vaca?
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Post vacation.
    Up until this point, I've been unintentionally avoiding eating more eggs and my craving for eggs has been going up the more I think about doing an egg fast. Now that I realize what I was doing... sounds good. Might make it easier to stick with eggs for the 3+ days :) lol

I'm ready for this vacation and I'm ready to start kicking some diet *kitten* again along with exercising again. That's definitely something I need to pick back up too.

Just... Ready for it all! :)

After vacation... daughter and possibly oldest son starts school on the 21st. And if husband qualifies for it, he's getting some sort of laser eye thing done on the 22nd. It's not lasik.. it's something else that husband-houseguest got done and now he has better than 20/20 vision.
    That's going to be a long recovery for his eyes according to houseguest from his own experience.
    Then my birthday in Sept, DH's in Oct along with our anniversary and Halloween (which shouldn't be a big deal), then the ALL THE COMFORT FOODS holidays lol.
    It's gonna be good and lord is it gonna go by fast like it always does. Have to make the best of it!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    INDEED! Sounds good babe!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Egg diet sounds good :+1: Good luck :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Low carb day today. Have MAD sweet tooth today and just ate 6 strawberry wafers lol. Went to Walmart this morning and should've picked up something more keto friendly, but oh well.
    In better news... our stove is finally fixed! WOOO!
    Was supposed to be done a couple weeks ago, but they called us telling us that the wrong part had come in. :\
    But they redeemed themselves by fixing it in like 10min flat today. So glad to actually have more than 1 stove top burner that works now. I mean we were getting by just fine, but then the whole off button for the oven stopped working and more buttons on setting the oven. We could turn it on, but then had to flip the breaker to turn it off lol.

Now to just wait for that next thing to break and cost a ton and take forever to fix.