Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Friday weigh in
    Pw: 206.6
    Cw: 203.4

@swauters, three pounds!! Congratulations on a very great week!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    PW 242:
    CW: 241 I'll take it ;)

@ForLangston, yes you will!! Another pound closer to your goal!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Sept 12
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Exercise: no
    Step: 6058
    Water:88oz

Was in training all day yesterday no healthy food options, my neck still hurts so I came home took shower and went to bed
    TGIF
    I’ll weigh when I get home from work

@murdog3t, hoping today is a better day for you!! (hugs)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    So this is going to be my last month here. I was hoping this month would pick back up with the interaction and support but i’m just not feeling it. Not getting what I want, and sometimes need out of this.
    To end on a positive, I am really motivated towards my health goals and am feeling good. I will still weigh-in for the last three weigh-ins and will hopefully provide some good numbers for the group.

@erikNJ We all hate to see you go, but completely understand the personal decision that you are making. We all need to do what’s best for ourselves to be successful through this process.

I’m ashamed to say, as co-leader, that I have felt the same as you recently. Lisa, @HASWLRS, does a great job of supporting this group, but I would agree, that I was hoping for more interaction from all members of the group (me included) when I first joined in January. I hope you find the support you are looking for to help you continue on your journey to being healthy.

@pkg1998 and @erikNJ, Respectfully, Pam, I would have to disagree. I may run the group, but as far as supporting the group, I am just going through the motions. My heart isn't into it, and Erik, being an astute observer, picked up on that. I know I need to do better, but right now this is all I can give. I would gladly pass the torch over to anyone who would like the opportunity to bring TBBT back to what it should be. In the meantime, I will continue to hold down the fort, and welcome any and all group improvement suggestions.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I have not attempted the mini challenge this week as I have not been able to exercise much because of a pulled muscle. It has been so hot outside the even the dogs have been happy to play fetch inside rather than go for a walk.
    My struggle for this week has been resisting the urge to snack since we have to eat dinner pretty early several days a week.
    @erikNJ - Awesome weight loss this week. I hate to see you leave, but understand your decision. I have gained a lot of insight from many of your posts.
    I tend to be one of the quieter members. I am listen and observe type of person and realize that in forums that makes me seem uninvolved.
    I also sometimes feel like my two cents are not worth very much as I have really struggled to lose more than the same five pounds every month, no matter how motivated I start out at the beginning of every week.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    The posts were coming up in a weird layout and I thought I had messed something up with my previous post and realized they were all coming up the same way. Oh well....that is another reason I tend not to post a lot the app isn't always the best on my phone. I need to use the computer instead.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    I get what all of you are saying! I was trying to interact with you all for a long time, but all of "life" got in my way. I try to jump in with encouragement or support when I can, but it's tricky sometimes. My new routine has limited me a bit in the amount of time I can come on here. Also, if I were using a laptop or computer instead of my phone, I would be able to respond more quickly when I do have that opportunity.

I would also love to see the group become more active as a whole, and @HASWLRS I second what @pkg1998 said. While you say that you're just going through the motions, you are still doing a great job. I'm going to bounce some ideas around and see if I can come up with something!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    If we can get a conversation going about what everyone would like to see out of this group, and concrete suggestions of how to do it, then this will become Erik's parting gift to us! Who knows, if we can make enough positive changes, then maybe @erikNJ will even stay!
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm slacking again. Weighed in on my day and never posted. Sorry :p

SURPRISE I'm back at 154.4 :'(
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I'm slacking again. Weighed in on my day and never posted. Sorry :p

SURPRISE I'm back at 154.4 :'(

@eatingfoodles, and welcome to another busy semester....
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    I have an idea... it may not be a great one, but what if we made a team group like The Biggest Loser - The Big Butt Theory Team Group(or something else)? We could have different threads for venting/support, advice/healthy tips, sharing recipes, sharing NSVs, maybe a challenge for the week(drink _cups of water each day, exercise outdoors 2x, etc), getting to know each other/random chat, one for those that are active in or want to join in to the fitbit challenge, and some other things that people could add when they wish.

I know that we already do this here, but if we separated everything out it would be easier for people to respond to the things that they want to contribute to, and get the interaction up a bit. I know it would involve more work, but I would be willing to set something like that up.
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I really love that idea! It would be a lot of work as you say but I’d be happy to chip in as well! I love the idea of the challenges and would love to get up and running (if it ain’t punny it ain’t funny 😂) with the Team BBT run club again. I would really like to join the Fitbit challenge but don’t think I can with Apple Watch which is a real shame.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    I have an idea... it may not be a great one, but what if we made a team group like The Biggest Loser - The Big Butt Theory Team Group(or something else)? We could have different threads for venting/support, advice/healthy tips, sharing recipes, sharing NSVs, maybe a challenge for the week(drink _cups of water each day, exercise outdoors 2x, etc), getting to know each other/random chat, one for those that are active in or want to join in to the fitbit challenge, and some other things that people could add when they wish.

I know that we already do this here, but if we separated everything out it would be easier for people to respond to the things that they want to contribute to, and get the interaction up a bit. I know it would involve more work, but I would be willing to set something like that up.

@cmhubbard92, first off, I love your enthusiasm, but my gut tells me this wouldn't work. In my opinion, all you would be doing is further watering down the thread until it contains nothing but weigh-ins, which is not much different from the way it is right now. And I don't think people are going to want to navigate multiple threads, which would also divide the team energy up among each of these threads. If we could ADD to the thread with challenges, recipes and healthy tips etc, then that would be great. It's already used for venting and support (or should be).

I would love to add a water challenge and a step challenge right away. I was thinking Monday to Sunday....that way if people are away or busy on the weekend, they don't miss out by finding out about a challenge on Monday that started on Sunday!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @HASWLRS

@cmhubbard92, first off, I love your enthusiasm, but my gut tells me this wouldn't work. In my opinion, all you would be doing is further watering down the thread until it contains nothing but weigh-ins, which is not much different from the way it is right now. And I don't think people are going to want to navigate multiple threads, which would also divide the team energy up among each of these threads. If we could ADD to the thread with challenges, recipes and healthy tips etc, then that would be great. It's already used for venting and support (or should be).

I would love to add a water challenge and a step challenge right away. I was thinking Monday to Sunday....that way if people are away or busy on the weekend, they don't miss out by finding out about a challenge on Monday that started on Sunday!

@HASWLRS I totally get what you're saying. I only suggested something like this because it would be organized where as here we only have the one thread, have to reintroduce ourselves every month, you always have to take the time to post the mini challenge and the rules. While it would seem inconvenient to have to post in two different groups, the activity *could* increase, and we don't have to close the thread each month. It would give you a place to post the mini challenge results weekly and/or the weekly/monthly updates for the group without getting lost 5 pages back. I just sometimes find I have to weed back pages and pages to find something I wanted to respond to. But like I said, it was just a thought.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all of your work @HASWLRS and your individual encouragement @cmhubbard92 ! Life is busy. I don't know anyone who is retired on this thread and if so, they should also be resting and enjoying life. Back way back, the biggest loser was just a weekly posts of weight. I appreciate that we have these mini-challenges. But I think we all should contribute based on the time and energy that we have. @HASWLRS : I wish I could take it over, but unfortunately, I don't have that extra time. Thanks for all that you do. For all of you who show up for yourself, post or not post, and just try, I applaud and support you. It's a free-site designed to help us on our journey, let's enjoy this complimentary mfp, biggest loser, and this thread. Have a great wknd!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    9/11, 9/12, 9/13/19
    yes, yes, yes
    poor calorie choices today however.
    Hope the rain stays away tomorrow as it is my day off and I want to get outside hiking.
    thank you @HASWLRS for all you do.
    I do read all the posts and silently cheer you all on each day.
    @cmhubbard92 give me a water challenge and step challenge- I'll join ya, I do best when challenged.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options

PW 143
    Cw 141
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    9/13
    Tracked- yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise- yes 135 minutes cloud Walker elliptical (I figured out what my machine is called lol)
    Steps- 25,326
    Water 132oz... Finally met that goal

I love the idea of a steps and water challenge. I kinda already challenge myself in these areas daily and it's really helpful ☺
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @Coral333 @energyseeker @mirendybryant @HASWLRS

Saying some of us use fitbit and some of us have other apps(apple, Garmin, etc.) Maybe a way of "participating" in the step challenge(outside of the groups fitbit challenge) we could post a picture/screenshot of our week's steps? Maybe we could start off with a low goal-20,000 steps for M-F and 15,000 for Saturday-Sunday. Unless you want a full week Monday-Sunday, which we could set a goal of 30-35,000 for the week? Then, slowly ramp up the numbers?

For the water goal, we could do 5cups a day to start(40oz) per day, and also ramp that up weekly?

Let me know what you think!

9/13/19
    Tracked:yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    9/13:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 50 minutes on treadmill