LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Options

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Struggling once again today. Guess this is going to be an ongoing thing for a while until my brain finally gets used to it.
    Really struggling right now though. I'm tired and I want to eat. Don't think it's completely mental this time, but still not enough hunger to go eat anything. Doesn't help that I also have a headache too. Not contributing to me wanting to eat, just how this morning is sucking so far lol.

Only a couple more hours though. Think I'm gonna go lay down and read.. and probably fall asleep.
    I've actually been sleeping decently these last couple of nights, but I woke up this morning just needing more. Just one of those days.

Dinner tonight is leftovers. We still have a lot of pork left. Will be fixing a big *kitten* salad to go along with it. :)
  • deadmanwonderland
    Options
    You’re struggling.... but you still are on the path! Great job so far and it will get a little easier once you get used to it. Don’t worry about the workout. I cannot manage more than walking and yoga myself and only after I completed the first week did I walk more than once an evening. That week was the hardest for me. Maybe this one is for you, or maybe next one will be. Who knows. But the point is you are still doing this. You are still I control. And how freaking great is that!

Baby steps... Focus on getting used to OMAD. Give it a couple weeks. Perhaps get lots of protein and fiber in on your meals so you feel fuller. Drink water with some lemon juice, or coffee, or meditate on how far you’ve gotten and how long it’s been since you got this kind of willpower and dedication! You can be proud of every little achievement you make.

I believe in you. Do you believe in you? Yes, you do!!! :heart:
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    I'm taking today off from OMAD. Not b/c I'm hungry right now, but b/c I desperately need caffeine. More than my diet sodas have to offer.

Sleep was awful last night bc of my kids. Absolutely awful

My youngest woke up crying and my sleepy brain thought it was a good idea to bring him in to bed with us. What my sleepy brain forgot about until he was in bed was that he's a wiggly worm. He does not stop moving in his sleep.

It's already difficult for me to get to sleep in the best of circumstances so last night was miserable.

I tried coming out and sleeping on the couch, but then one of our dogs thought it was a good time to start whining at me.

I ended up back in bed after taking another melatonin and eventually got to sleep I'm guessing once he was in deep sleep b/c he wasn't moving any longer.

I'm SO BEAT this morning.

Was thinking that I could make every Monday like this, but nah. I don't want to get in to the habit of taking a day off. Right now I'd rather just stick to OMAD and if there is a day like this where I just feel like I need to not do it, then I will with no guilt. Lordy... I need coffee to come through for me today! lol If I could just zap some of the energy from my youngest... I'd probably have enough to run a marathon lol.

Broke fast yesterday w/ a coffee, a keto cookie, and then a baked turkey wing flat.

I then had a big salad for dinner (mozzarella balls, romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, cauliflower, caesar dressing) and another turkey wing flat.

After dinner I had 2 more keto cookies and a raspberry yogurt. A lot of food but I ate within a 3hr window so not too bad.

It as supposed to be leftovers, but I needed to cook the wings before they went bad.

And yeah... come through for me coffee. Give me at least enough energy to do basic functions! lol
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    WOW sorry you are struggling with sleep!!!! Hope the coffee gives you the boost you need!
    Don't worry if you didn't stick to OMAD ---we all have days like that, and when I want to eat ---i just eat and move on!!!

You are doing awesome!
    <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Aw man, sleep being off throws me into a WHOLE wacked out world, I'm sorry babe! A little "natural remedy" is my best suggestion - ie, medical marijuana LMAO - we've talked about it a few times on here but I'll reiterate because it's my life line LMAO

Might help for those desperate moments? And won't knock ya out enough that if the babies wake up you won't...
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yeh, I remember you mentioning it before. There is a pharmacy right beside Krispy Kreme (of course it has to be right beside KK) that has a sign saying they have it and it always makes me think about what you said.
    Just haven't bitten that bullet yet.

I've already eaten too much today. I'm going to try to keep dinner light. Fixing hamburger patties, mostly for DH and I might have an apple or 2 and maybe another yogurt and that's it.
    I haven't had anything bad, but it's heavy in my stomach right now.
    And boy am I tired! It's been a looooong day and going to be longer. Picking up daughter a little late from school and then having to take son to gymnastics and uuugh. I just want to sleep. Just want to lay down and read until I fall asleep until I wake up tomorrow morning.

In some good news though. Bought myself a craft/desk lamp for my birthday and got it yesterday. Love it already! lol Happy early birthday to meeee.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Happy early birthday!!!
    Oh man, KK wow,.....love love that naughty place :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Bed before 9pm last night. I definitely needed the extra hour of sleep. Still tired today, but it's a normal tired instead of what it was like yesterday.
    I wanted to cry when the kids started up with their usual "delay going to bed!" routine. Just ugh, was not in any sort of mood to put up with anything.
    Think I might go to bed early tonight too. Try to get in as much good sleep as I can right now.

Anywho... brussell sprouts do not agree with me!! I made them for lunch yesterday in a cheesy sauce and holy crap did it bloat me up like crazy. SO SO bad that even coffee wasn't moving anything.
    I'm still feeling it a little today too, but I think my 3pm coffee with take care of business lol.

Dinner last night was a salad, but I did end up putting a burger patty in it. I love that combo. Like a hamburger minus the bun, but still just as tasty!

Tonight I'll be fixing steak and a salad. Still have extra pork left so may put some in my salad too.

OH and FX everyone. My hair loss that I started experiencing 4m in to my weight loss journey MIGHT be slowing down finally. Noticed when I was taking a shower that I wasn't pulling away quite as much hair as I had been. Hopefully this means I'll actually start regrowing it again. I hate HATE how thin my hair has gotten. I know most people probably don't notice that you can clearly see my scalp, but I sure as hell notice it all the damn time. And lordy is it noticeable if I don't wash my hair for a day. Thin + more oily?? BLEH
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    First of all, all your meals sound so good! I have no idea how you manage to lose with all the meat you eat! Keto or not! LOL

Second, dry shampoo is your friend. I started losing mine and was told by my hair lady that I need to wash as little as possible and only brush with a wide toothed comb - so that's what I do, and mine looks wayyyy thicker than it has in my adult life - I only wash like once a week-10 days :)
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    You only wash that little? Wow. I might try that once it gets cold here. I sweat SO GD much right now that I'm pushing it only doing every other day washes. There was a video from a youtuber hairstylist guy that tested out a lot of dry shampoos. I'll have to watch the video again to see which one to get :)

Today went well though! Just broke my fast w/ some salami and a coffee.
    Had some errands to run today so that helped to keep my mind off of food...... me and my boys did almost get run over in a dang parking lot, but ya know... we didn't so I guess that's fine :\ lol
    I mean just seriously... who the hell doesn't actually LOOK behind them while they're backing up? And not just a slow back up, nah.. this woman was going WAY too damn fast backing up.
    She apologized after I yelled out "REALLY???" but nope... nope. Learn how to drive right so you don't accidentally run over someone next time!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited September 2019
    Options
    LMFAO gotta love those folks! I usually have the opposite problem - I live in an outskirts town with a LOT of retirees - so everyone moves at the speed of MOLASSES IN JANUARY - it drives me nuts.

Yes, the dry shampoo solves all sortsa problems - I like Bastiste, Tresemme, Herbal Essences, or PSSST brands :) All good, I buy whatever's on sale. I even get em at the dollar gen now!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness you and your kids are A-OK❤️ I think every where is the same. We have those people here too 😩
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Yeah that is bad on the drivers but glad you are safe.

Girl me and you are on the same page with this insane heat wave. We have our 86th day of 90+ degrees......Typically in the summer we may have 40 or so----we have doubled that and its almost the freakin' end of September....>DYING>...... :#
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Thankfully we have a few days of cooler weather, but it's gonna be right back to hot again after :\
    Oh well.. that's what AC is for right? lol But lordy our electric bills are showing it!

Anywho... I was up 1.2lbs this morning! The hell??
    Food yesterday was pretty good so I'm not sure why my weight is up.

Coffee, few slices of salami, half a steak, big salad, low carb yogurt, and an apple that my family stole half of. Oh and a tiny little square of 85% chocolate.
    It was a lot of food (really big salad and apple), but not calorie dense stuff. Heck, my stomach is growling like I'm starving right now.

I'm gonna have to start tracking again and I reaaaaaally don't want to. I'll start next week though b/c my birthday is coming up and I don't plan on tracking or omading that day b/c it's my 40th and NOPE... I'm gonna enjoy it how I want! lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LMAO the joy of OMAD float in and out of it no problem! LOL

I log babe, and I know it's annoying, but it holds me accountable - even on my 4k calorie days LMAO - once you get in the habit it's not that bad, I promise
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yeah... I was fine tracking before. Just got tired doing it. I'll get back to it again next week. Just gotta get back in to the swing of it.

Ok, I know I'm losing weight no matter what the scale says. My wedding ring was snug before I started OMADing again. Not tight, but it didn't move or spin or anything and now if I shake my hand a couple of times, it would fly off my finger and it keeps spinning.
    So yeah.... screw the scale right now! I know my hands aren't the only part of me losing! lol

Dinner tonight was cauliflower kimchi (sesame oil, fish sauce, red pepper flakes), hamburger patty w/ 2 slices of pepper jack cheese and 2 fried eggs
    Also had a peach low carb yogurt, 3 small squares of 85% chocolate and an apple
    Oh and broke fast w/ a coffee.... oh and also had a couple slices of salami.
    Aaaand yeah.. that's it lol.

Tomorrow will be fixing slow cooker pepper steak/roast thing with a chuck roast, bell peppers, onion and yeah. Maybe go to the store and get more stuff to just make it a stew or something. Maybe get some radishes to put in there. See how they taste :)
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    yeah the scale is not the only judge :) even when the scale is being fussy I can always tell in my hands or clothes you are doing great!!!

I love stew but with this insane heat wave I am not ready for any fall foods yet.......
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    Yeah, it was just going to be a regular roast, but decided to add a bit more to it and just make it a stew. It's not exactly cool here yet, but meh. lol

I completely forgot to get radishes for it. Dern. Really wanted to try those in it to see how it was, but oh well. Maybe next time.

Still cooking. Added 2 cans of diced tomato, diced carrots, 3 bell peppers, 1/2 onion, soy sauce, salt, pepper

Just finished my cup of coffee and also had a few slices of salami.
    I did have a teeny tiny little taste of some nobake cheesecake stuff I made a few hours ago, just to make sure the flavor was right. I'm sure just a tiny little blep of something isn't a big deal but I still need to confess it anyway! lol

Today was ok. Did get a really big urge to eat at around noonish. Again.. not even hunger. Just the 'want' and habit.
    It really is crazy how conditioned we are to eat 3 meals a day and how difficult it is to get out of that habit.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Isn't it odd? You'd think meh, just stop right? NO! Your body is a creature of habit - it likes what it knows LOL
  • LiLee2018
    Options
    It's my birthday!
    40yo today and don't feel a day over 70 :P lol
    Nah... I'm feeling ok. I wish I was at my goal, but ya know.. it's ok that I'm not either. I can aim for my 41st birthday!
    Just have to get out of this damn stall though.
    Was still up over a pound this morning.
    I dunno what the heck is going on.
    I'm not eating any more than I was before starting OMAD again. I'm probably eating LESS calories... but more carbs.
    Maybe it is the carbs that's causing it, but I dunno.
    Going to start tracking again Sunday so I can see what I am eating and adjust it if I need to.
    Maybe I'll do a bone broth day next week if I'm feeling up to it. I still have a bunch in the freezer and of course I could fix more too.
    Something needs to happen though. I thought I was low-balling it with my end of the year goal, but with how things are going... I'll be lucky to reach it (size 10 bottoms and comfortable medium size shirts)
    Gotta get over this hump!

And for you lovely bunch of lovelies!
    Birthday selfie!!!
    I think this is my most flattering angle. Really captures the glorious double chins ;)
    2zndx50ibiv6.jpg