TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes. Under cal goal yes. Exercise yes. 9/16 and 9/17
    10575 steps. Water 6 cups.
    Question of the day. I wake up at 0430 for work and sleep well most nights. I don’t wake up hungry honestly. I do need to find a healthy bedtime go to snack however. A handful of walnuts sounds good.
    I’m inspired by all of you.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Sept 16
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Step: 3933
    Water:88oz
    30 min yoga
    15 min meditation
    I had a 2 hr drive to Oakland for a medical appointment it was horrible
    And a 1.5 hr. Drive home gerrr

@murdog3t, hope you got some good news from the doctor!!
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    For a night time snack I often enjoy some cottage cheese with about 1/4 of a fresh pear. Lots of protein and some fibre, satisfying and a bit sweet too! I’ve also been known to make a packet of plain instant oatmeal and to add some berries. We always have frozen berries in the house, and a few seconds in the microwave warms them nicely, and creates a bit of juice. Dump it into the oatmeal and enjoy with no added sugar. Hard boiled egg and half a small apple is satisfying too!
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE WEEK - What do you eat right before bed that keep you from waking up hungry in the middle of the night?

Good Question!

I don't tend to eat too much after dinner when I'm focused (however I'm not always that good which is why I'm at my current weight!)

When I am focused....I make up a bunch of diet jelly serves and keep them in the fridge and eat one of those. Low calories...and it gives me that sweet hit!
    Otherwise; yoghurt. I give that to my kids too if they are still hungry before bed. Fills them up...fills me up as well!
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    September 16 MONDAY
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - 98 -Active Minutes - Night Shift
    Steps - 22158
    Water - 1900ml
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    September 17 TUESDAY
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - 181-Active Minutes - Night Shift
    Steps - 22336
    Water - 2050ml
  • Mandy_tries_again
    Options
    9/17
    Tracked- yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Steps- 11,116
    Water- 66oz

Didn't get all my steps or water in again today but I was still active painting a shed for my fiance's mother. I have a 33oz cup I use for my water and shoot for 4 of those a day but it's too big to fit the cup holder in the car so when I'm out for the day I don't usually get my water in. Idk why when I stop at the store for a drink I don't buy water. I always get my go to drink, caffeine free diet coke.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    9/17 tues
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise:  30 min walk
    Water: 59 oz.

Making numbers on the under but not the best food choices past 2 days... hoping tomorrow I can tweak my intake to feel better about what goes in. Wish i had a bike ride on here again but let's just say my bike seat was not my friend after the past two rides. Thinking i should have rode on nice smooth pavement and not rocky hilly dirt roads! 🤪
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE WEEK - What do you eat right before bed that keep you from waking up hungry in the middle of the night?

For me alot of times it is actually dinner. With sports and practice dinner runs between 630 and 9pm. Sometimes a dessert (cake/pie etc which isnt a good option!) I have said for about 3 months I was going to have a glass of wine... maybe I need to actually do it.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    8/17:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 50 min treadmill, 60 minute walk
    Steps: 19,273
    Water: 48 oz
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @HASWLRS @swauters @sandkp @MelsLeanDream @ForLangston @pkg1998 @energyseeker @heaz10 @murdog3t @coral333 @cossmoss15 @mirendybryant

I believe I have steps and water updated at this point! Here is the link to the spreadsheet

Please let me know if I have made any errors! On the far right of the steps sheet shows the percentage towards their individual goal!

Current Leaders:
    51.01% complete : @mirendybryant
    49.44% complete: @MelsLeanDream
    47.10% complete: @heaz10
    46.06% complete: @pkg1998

Keep up the awesome work and have an awesome Wednesday!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Sept 16
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Step: 3933
    Water:88oz
    30 min yoga
    15 min meditation
    I had a 2 hr drive to Oakland for a medical appointment it was horrible
    And a 1.5 hr. Drive home gerrr

@murdog3t - 2 hours there and 1.5 hours back sounds like there was some traffic involved and not just a long distance drive. Hopefully that 15 min of meditation helped to calm your nerves. Great job staying on track with calories and exercise despite the many hours in the vehicle.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    9/17
    Tracked- yes
    Under- yes
    Exercise- yes
    Steps- 11,116
    Water- 66oz

Didn't get all my steps or water in again today but I was still active painting a shed for my fiance's mother. I have a 33oz cup I use for my water and shoot for 4 of those a day but it's too big to fit the cup holder in the car so when I'm out for the day I don't usually get my water in. Idk why when I stop at the store for a drink I don't buy water. I always get my go to drink, caffeine free diet coke.

@mirendybryant - still very impressive step and water totals for the day and I’m sure that painting a shed provides a pretty good workout.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    9/17 tues
    Mini challenge
    Tracked... yes
    Under... yes
    Exercise:  30 min walk
    Water: 59 oz.

Making numbers on the under but not the best food choices past 2 days... hoping tomorrow I can tweak my intake to feel better about what goes in. Wish i had a bike ride on here again but let's just say my bike seat was not my friend after the past two rides. Thinking i should have rode on nice smooth pavement and not rocky hilly dirt roads! 🤪

@sandkp - just curious, do you plan your meals? I find that if I have my food choices planned - even if it’s different options to choose from then I am less tempted to make poor choices. Just wondering if that’s an option for you.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    @HASWLRS @swauters @sandkp @MelsLeanDream @ForLangston @pkg1998 @energyseeker @heaz10 @murdog3t @coral333 @cossmoss15 @mirendybryant

I believe I have steps and water updated at this point! Here is the link to the spreadsheet

Please let me know if I have made any errors! On the far right of the steps sheet shows the percentage towards their individual goal!

Current Leaders:

I based my goal on my previous week’s total, but I’m thinking it was too low. Either that or this challenge is really getting my butt in gear to be more active. Either way I’ll take it.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

Current Leaders:

Could I be added to the water challenge. I have had 14 cups both days so far
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

Current Leaders:

Could I be added to the water challenge. I have had 14 cups both days so far

I'm on break, I'll add you now!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »

Current Leaders:

I based my goal on my previous week’s total, but I’m thinking it was too low. Either that or this challenge is really getting my butt in gear to be more active. Either way I’ll take it.

I think a lot of us underestimated our goals this week, there are a lot of us in the 40-50%range after only two days!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ 14 cups! Holy buckets thats a lot of water! I am doing ok this week getting my 8 but usually really struggled. It's even harder in the winter for me to meet that goal. How do you not spend your day in the bathroom?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, September 17th

logged food: yes

under: yes. I used practically all of my exercise calories, according to Fitbit, and I slept through the night. I ate a bigger dinner, that put me over, so I just walked some more to get enough calories for a sugar free Jello pudding, because I was wanting something sweet, and chocolate!! I ate 1592 calories worth, and I just have to accept that that number is not too high, because taken out of context, it does seem high to me. Before, when I was successful on MFP, I didn't have my Fitbit linked to my account, so exercise calories were based on purposeful exercise that I entered myself from the data base. I definitely stayed closer to the 1200 mark and I lost probably two pounds a week, but for some reason, the waking up hungry didn't affect me then. I guess now that I am older....sigh. And like Erik suggested with intermittent fasting, the body will eventually get used to it in time. Maybe I just need to be patient and accept a slower rate of loss at the beginning.

erercise: yes, walking
    steps: 10,740
    water: 11 cups

(Already entered on the form, Christine.)
This discussion has been closed.