• MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: September Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 237.1
    Current Weight: 237.1

No change this week - at least it hasn't gone up!
  • MelsLeanDream
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @MelsLeanDream : wow, your steps are impressive. Share your tips guru. and keep going!

I have two young sons...a house to take care of and I work most nights on my feet :)
    Nothing too exciting!

• MelsLeanDream
    edited September 2019
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    So the idea of weighing on a daily basis has been brought up several times and I’m curious about what the team’s view is of it. I have done both - daily and weekly and I’m torn. This week I didn’t weigh daily and did a better job sticking to my plan, but I had only a small loss on Friday so I was disappointed (I think I had built up in my head that it would be bigger). On the other hand, on the weeks when I weigh in daily if I see an increase (which could be for a variety of reasons), I get frustrated and usually end up making poor choices during that day. So I guess for me just weighing once a week would be better because then there’s only a chance of one bad day because of the scale???

Sorry about the rambling, just trying to work on what I can do different this week.

I weigh daily because I like to know how my body reacts to certain foods. I don't get upset about it...it's generally tracking downwards. If I jump on and its gone up I can look back and figure out what I ate or if I didn't have enough water or its coming up to shark week. It works for me =)
    I only 'record' my weight once a week though.
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    How do you handle it emotionally when you think you’ve done awesome all week long and the scale doesn’t reflect your hard work?

I look back over MFP...did I do all I could 'foodwise'? Did I drink my water? Was I active this week? Emotionally...while I may be disappointed; I just choose to look forward and keep working on it. Sometimes I might have a small/no loss one week...but I bigger than expected the next.
    I think it balances out in the end.
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    9/23/19
    Yes/yes/yes
    Steps 18045. Fitbit says 88 flights of stairs. We went on waterfall road trip and had multiple steps up and down. Beautiful fall day in upper Michigan.

@energyseeker Sounds like a perfect Monday.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Audgiebug wrote: »
    audgiebug
    Monday
    Previous week: 294.4
    Current week: 291.2

@Audgiebug Another nice loss this week. You are really rocking September.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Monthly Weigh-ins:
    Original SW (11/26/2018): 246.0
    February (Month 1) SW: 235.5
    March (Month 2) SW: 224.2 (-11.3)
    April (Month 3) SW: 221.2 (-3.0)
    May (Month 4) SW: 219.1 (-2.1)
    June (Month 5) SW: 216.2(-2.9)
    July (Month 6) SW: 211.8(-4.4)
    August (Month 7) SW 206.4(-5.4)
    September (Month 8) SW: 204.5(-1.9)

September SW:  204.5
    Week 1: 210.1(+5.6)
    Week 2:  204.9(-5.2)
    Week 3:  203.3(-1.6)
    Week 4:  201.9(-1.4)

Total Loss for September:  -2.6
    Total Loss Overall: 44.1lb

@cmhubbard92 Very nice trend overall. Even though September started out rough, you’ve made up for it and then some. Keep up the good work - you really are an inspiration.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their responses to my question last Friday about handling the dreaded scale. I’ve taken a little bit from each post and started this week with a different focus and some modifications from last week to see what kind of an impact they make. Excited about what will come on Friday, but also prepared for anything (weekend was not full of good choices :neutral: ).
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Mini challenge:

Sunday: No, No, No
    Monday, Yes, Yes, Yes
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Monthly Weigh-ins:
    Original SW (11/26/2018): 246.0
    February (Month 1) SW: 235.5
    March (Month 2) SW: 224.2 (-11.3)
    April (Month 3) SW: 221.2 (-3.0)
    May (Month 4) SW: 219.1 (-2.1)
    June (Month 5) SW: 216.2(-2.9)
    July (Month 6) SW: 211.8(-4.4)
    August (Month 7) SW 206.4(-5.4)
    September (Month 8) SW: 204.5(-1.9)

September SW:  204.5
    Week 1: 210.1(+5.6)
    Week 2:  204.9(-5.2)
    Week 3:  203.3(-1.6)
    Week 4:  201.9(-1.4)

Total Loss for September:  -2.6
    Total Loss Overall: 44.1lb

@cmhubbard92 Very nice trend overall. Even though September started out rough, you’ve made up for it and then some. Keep up the good work - you really are an inspiration.

@pkg1998 thank you so much. I'm really glad that I have *somehow* kept my motivation going!
  • Caronell
    Caronell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Last week 147.8ibs
    This week 147.2ibs
    Loss 0.6 Ib
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    My cat passed today soI have 3 nos
    @cmhubbard92 I have no idea muy water or steps for today so please enter a 0 for both.

@swauters, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Sara. A cat is not just a pet, but a beloved member of the family. Sending you many hugs.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I’d be interested to know how people chose their target weights? I’ve adjusted mine several times now. I think 125lbs ago I just couldn’t imagine being this small (I weigh what I did age 11 now). So for me, I’m tiny. However my BMI is still in the overweight range and I love for the first time to break into that “normal” range.

@lozenger1984, my target weight is one I have been at before, (and not that long ago), so I know how I look and feel at that number.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sorry everyone for suddenly disappearing on you there in the middle. I ended with a forced hospitalization. The police told me I could go voluntarily with EMS or I could go involuntarily with cuffs in the back of the squad car and be placed on a mandatory hold. You can guess which one I chose. That was a Saturday night at about 9 pm, I was released about two weeks later. In some ways better. Also, I have now had my surgery on my wrist and elbow. I already have some feeling back in the other half of my left hand. Still a three months recovery time, but nice to know it's helping already. I do plan to sign back up for next month.

You guys have all been doing so fantastic this month. I'm so proud of you all sticking it through come what may!
    @swauters - I am so sorry to hear about your cat's death. I know how hard that is, but definitely allow yourself to grieve. Our pets are members of our family too.

@dymphnadaniels, it's good to hear that you came out the other side of this feeling better in some ways and that your surgery went well. If you do want to sign up again for next month, the registration thread for October is open.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Missing weights from:

@heaz10 and @eatingfoodles
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    The October thread is up and running.

@cmhubbard92, did you want to post something about the water and step challenges before the new members start posting their intros? Or, if you like, I can post a brief intro of these challenges and then you can give them more details later?
  • HASWLRS
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Results for September Week #3

We did it team!! We finally had a REALLY good team week!! WE came FIRST overall with a team loss of 0.75% (0.17% for second place!) In other words, it wasn't even close!!

Individually we had our very own @mirendybryant come in as the second overall biggest loser of the week with a loss of 2.33%, just 0.06% out of first!! Congratulations, Mandy, on a fantastic week!!

To come in first place as a team, we obviously had to have many great losses!!

The TOP NINE Big Butts, losing over 1% of their body weight were:

@mirendybryant - 2.33%

@stubbornloser - 1.88%
    @energyseeker - 1.67%
    @Ar_cervantes - 1.41%
    @cossmoss15 - 1.27%
    @annabananamc - 1.20%
    @Audgiebug - 1.14%
    @lozenger1984 - 1.10%
    @heaz10 - 1.04%

The next six Big Butts, losing over 0.5% of their body weight were:

@Coral333 - 0.96%
    @swauters - 0.88%
    @Caronell - 0.81%
    @murdog3t - 0.79%
    @cmhubbard92 - 0.78%
    @abowersgirl - 0.71%

Actually, most of the team lost weight last week, (there were only three of us who didn't)! Congratulations, team TBBT, for absolutely owning the third week of September!!

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    The October thread is up and running.

@cmhubbard92, did you want to post something about the water and step challenges before the new members start posting their intros? Or, if you like, I can post a brief intro of these challenges and then you can give them more details later?

If you could do that for now that would be great, I just got out of work but have many errands to run now!
This discussion has been closed.