Options

Replies

• ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day

PW: 253.0
    CW: 253.4

Count me in for October--I definitely need to get some focus on consistently tracking and following the plan.
  • ngk2000
    Options
    Steps 9/25 19,906
  • ngk2000
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    We could make October a fun name... like..

Out of my weigh October.
    Outstanding October.

Goodness, I have issues :D

I think that's a great idea! Maybe a brainstorming session and vote for the best name? Of course, I can't come up with anything good....yet.
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in for October too. I like the idea of a silly October team name. I'll try to come up with something.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have to get into a routine to get my weight loss going in the right direction. With all the fall shows starting next week, I have to make sure I am not a couch potato and binge watch the shows I pvr. Also, the meds maybe increasing my appetite and I am mindlessly eating, I do need to log it all.

So I am going to set weekly goals again and share them with you guys. I will check in throughout the week and let you know how I am meeting my goals. I hope this is ok with you all.

My goals for this week:
    1. Walk 8500 steps daily except Sundays.
    2. Ensure I drink 9 glasses of fluids a day
    3. No binge watching tv or Netflix. Limit 2 shows a day.
    5. Log to the best of my ability.

Steps
    9/20 11,780

Very inspiring goals! Somehow it woke me up. Weekly goals are good for keeping oneself on track but I am guilty of not being consistent in my weekly physical work outs and only focusing on food. May be that's why I am not getting the desired result. Low calories, lack of energy to exercise and low will power against snacks.

Going to post my goals daily here.
    Today's Goals:
    1. Keeping calories under target. Done!👍
    2. Heart point 25 on Google Fit Done👍
    3. Exercise 45 min. Not Done.Did 42 minutes fast walk.

Tomorrow's Goals
    1. Run 30 min
    2. Heart point 35
    3. Calories under target.
  • mustb60
    Options
    With us a few days away from a new month... will YOU (yes YOU) be returning for another month with us? If yes, anything you'd like to see differently?

Definitely staying. Leaving this challenge last time cost me dearly so not going to make the same mistake again. Will be more active in group in October.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 3 STEP CHALLENGE

1st @corriepeic 99,565 steps - WITH ONE DAY MISSING!!!!!
    2nd @ngk2000 93,476 steps
    3rd @boehle 85,439 steps
  • Beka3695
    edited September 2019
    Options
    b4a6fpwk4io5.jpeg

I found this on the #last90days site. I think this, or a version of this, is something we can all consider.

Here are the modifications that I will make for myself:
    1. No way! I get up a 5 am already! BUT - I will take an hour when first get to my office for myself. I will incorporate exercise (item 2), meditation, and structuring my day/week to come. This time will be electronic device free with the exception of music for exercise.
    2. Sure! I should be doing this anyway.
    3. I cannot drink 110 oz of water... I will commit to 64.
    4. For October, this will be Alcohol*. I included the asterisk because there are a few celebration dates that I will indulge. Those dates are currently 10/12 and 10/20.
    5. This I can do. I am not sure that I will post them here everyday, but I will write them down.
  • mustb60
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    WEEK 3 STEP CHALLENGE

1st @corriepeic 99,565 steps - WITH ONE DAY MISSING!!!!!
    2nd @ngk2000 93,476 steps
    3rd @boehle 85,439 steps

Wow!! Amazing steps! Congrats to all of you!💪👏👏
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    LovebyDraug
    Starting on 5/16: 254.2
    PW: 227.8
    9/26/2019 CW: 225.2
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We could make October a fun name... like..

Out of my weigh October.
    Outstanding October.

Goodness, I have issues :D

Thought of a silly one. 😜 Instead of Octoberfest how about Octobercess. Cess being short for success.

Jogtober
    shredtober
    octotrain
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    OctoberBest
  • ngk2000
    Options
    Maybe in honor of Shrinking Assets--Shrinktober?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I do like the shrinktober, also shredtober.
  • ngk2000
    Options
    Shredtober sounds fierce. I like it🙂.
  • Beka3695
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I will be the one opening the October team threads - y'all decide what you want to call the month and I will name ours that :) Decide quick, bc I will be opening tomorrow morning.

Don't tell the other teams -- SHHH it's a secret :D:D
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I will definitely be staying too! Even though this month was a total fail for me, the "closeness" of a group is what I need to get going. I've really enjoyed getting to know you guys! Thanks for being so kind and accepting. I really mean it!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    ALSO

Shrinking Assets has an open leadership position. If you are interested in becoming the team motivator, please let Julie or me know. The 'official job description' can be found in the initial post on page 1. The quick and easy version is - help keep the team thread active...

Being a motivator or team captain is not very time consuming. Granted, you can make it that way if you want, but it doesn't have to be. Please feel free to reach out to Julie @boehle or myself if you have questions or to toss your hat in the ring.
This discussion has been closed.