Options
    I need to remember this:

g0k7epp54m41.jpeg

Totally needed this, thank you!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Cw181.0

Not sure what my last recorded weight here is?

Right. Sept done, not in the grand fashion I'd hoped but, I'm feeling ready for october!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    9/27
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,533 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Half a week at home with 130 miles on the bike made the loss, piling in the calories whilst I am away.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Half a week at home with 130 miles on the bike made the loss, piling in the calories whilst I am away.

Well deserved!
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    I'm on my Saturday evening wine and snacks, but had a healthy dinner and dragged myself out to run so it's a balanced Saturday!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Beka3695
    Saturday
    Pw: 222.4
    CW: 227.0

I did not weigh in last week and have been TOTALLY off my game this week.

I am committing to a fresh start Monday with the #last90days.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    This week's steps:

Mon 10448
    Tue 10130
    Wed 10028
    Thu 16136
    Fri 11707
    Sat 15316
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Make sure you to start to migrate to our new room and also wish my bestie a happy birthday!!
    e3xs0ifs0dhu.jpg
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I need to remember this:

g0k7epp54m41.jpeg

On side note my sister in law visited today and she has lost 8 kg weight in just one and half month!! She walks 25-26 k daily and is on very low calorie diet, may be around 800 cal but she doesn't count calories. Plain Yoghurt, fruits, oats and spinach beetroot juice, a little brown rice, no oil, no gluten. I am in awe of her and inspired. I think I should at least increase my steps because I really can't survive on that low calories. Too low calories will make it hard to retain muscles.
    To much blabbering. ☺️ Hope everyone is having a fabulous week end!! Let us stay on track on weekends also.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »

On side note my sister in law visited today and she has lost 8 kg weight in just one and half month!! She walks 25-26 k daily and is on very low calorie diet, may be around 800 cal but she doesn't count calories. Plain Yoghurt, fruits, oats and spinach beetroot juice, a little brown rice, no oil, no gluten. I am in awe of her and inspired. I think I should at least increase my steps because I really can't survive on that low calories. Too low calories will make it hard to retain muscles.
    To much blabbering. ☺️ Hope everyone is having a fabulous week end!! Let us stay on track on weekends also.

Amazing loss and amazing discipline! Is she following a programme? Feel like such low cals shouldn't be followed for too long?

I'd love 20k plus days everyday, but just cant find a way to make the time!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    mustb60 wrote: »

Amazing loss and amazing discipline! Is she following a programme? Feel like such low cals shouldn't be followed for too long?

I'd love 20k plus days everyday, but just cant find a way to make the time!

No she is not following any programme just did it on her own. She said that she does some fat burning zone auto mode on treademill for 30 min daily besides outdoor walking. However recently she had a very high blood pressure and her physician has put her on BP medication. It really pushed her and today seeing her it was evident to me that succes is proportional to determination.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    There are ways and means to achieving weight loss. I am not going to denigrate anyone else's effort however I will stick with the generally accepted minimum calories and a lifestyle that I can continue with ad infinitum. Threads that promote the 800 calorie programme get shut down on MFP due to the risks, please take care if you follow one of these plans.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly I am hoping that as a non-calorie counter the lady in question is actually eating more than she thinks, and passed on inaccurate estimates to @mustb60. If not, I hope she moves forward from a speedy initial loss to something much more sustainable.

As someone that has yoyo dieted with the best of them for 10 years plus, im so happy to now be making slow (not always steady!!!) Progress counting cals and living life..... but, it took me a long time to realise slow is better and more sustainable than cabbage soup!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    @TheMrWobbly I am hoping that as a non-calorie counter the lady in question is actually eating more than she thinks, and passed on inaccurate estimates to @mustb60. If not, I hope she moves forward from a speedy initial loss to something much more sustainable.

As someone that has yoyo dieted with the best of them for 10 years plus, im so happy to now be making slow (not always steady!!!) Progress counting cals and living life..... but, it took me a long time to realise slow is better and more sustainable than cabbage soup!

VLCD (very low calorie diets) have been pretty well studied and appear to be safe for short periods of time (up to 3 months) PROVIDED nutritional needs are met. My concern would not be about too few calories in the short term so much as whether what is being eaten is providing all the vitamins, minerals, protein, etc that the body needs.

However, in the longer term, continuous calorie diets (of all sorts) appear to reduce metabolism, which makes it more likely for weight to be regained.

A book/plan that might meet her half way is the Fast 800 diet by Dr Michael Mosley. He suggests a 800 cal diet for up to 12 weeks, then the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet where people eat a normal amount (no calorie counting) five days and do a mimicking fast 2 days (800 cals). Also recommended to eat a healthy well balanced Mediterranean style wholefood diet. By varying the amount of calories eaten on different days it avoids damaging the metabolism, and the foods recommended ensure nutritional needs are met.

(I have some friends who follow either the Fast 800 or 5:2, though personally I follow The Obesity Code by Dr Jason Fung: it is a low carb wholefood diet combined with intermittent fasting. 3 days a week I eat nothing - zero calories - the other days I eat a nutritious diet, don’t calorie count, but goal is to meet the day’s energy needs without a deficit. Over the week there is a net calorie deficit, but on any given day it varies).

EDIT: Of course, significant changes to diet etc should be done in collaboration with a doctor. It's important people get the necessary health checks and track not just external changes like weight but also other health markers - vitamins, minerals, hormones, etc.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
This discussion has been closed.