Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me! (aka a whine thread)

NovusDies
NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
This topic is not restricted to weight loss but my first whine is wl related. I bought new boxers about a month ago and I was so excited because they fit me properly which is something I don't experience for long. It is usually longer than a month though!

DDAM : My boxers are sliding down inside my pants again. Crap on a cracker it is perpetually uncomfortable and I am constantly fidgeting and adjusting them.

It is not lost on me that this is overall a good thing but it sucks right now.

Replies

• NovusDies
    I totally get it! I’m now in between clothes sizes, things are either tight or baggy, I have very few things to shrink into so I always look frumpy. It’s great really! But very annoying aswell lol

Yep. My "extra fabric" has let me accidentally moon my neighborhood once when I was carrying a box. I am proud of myself for weaving (pun intended) that into another conversation.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Ah yes, between sizes is such a pain. I have a wardrobe of clothes that are currently too tight, I have a pile of clothes to ebay as they're too big (some I never got chance to wear) and my current wardrobe ranges from shapeless to slightly snug.
    I do a happy dance every time I need to add or remove from current wardrobe though as that means it's working.
  • NovusDies
    My weight loss was used to make another man feel bad today. The uncensored older Asian woman that owns the place where I get my pedicure noticed my loss today. She made a big deal out of it. While she was doing it though she was also doing a large man's feet. Although I did not make it out clearly she directed his attention to me and said something like he should do what I did. It was confirmed in his reply when he sighed and said "Yes I know. I need to lose some weight."

She had me sit next to him and he was a really nice guy. He asked about it but I could tell he was just being polite so I kept my answers really brief and he quickly changed the subject.

She has made negative comments to me before in the past while I was losing but I have grown somewhat immune to it. That guy was unhappy though and while not my fault I hated it happened.

I didn't say anything to her because I know he wanted the subject over and he didn't need me fighting his battle for him. Plus her English is sketchy and it might have taken more than 1 pass to get her to understand which might have caused him to have more unwanted attention.

• papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Awww man, that stinks. You're happy for you but we all know how that dude feels.
  • NovusDies
    papayahed wrote: »
    Awww man, that stinks. You're happy for you but we all know how that dude feels.

Definitely know how he feels. There is a good chance if he has carried his weight for awhile this has not been his first run-in with people being "helpful" in the wrong way. I can't even count the number of times I have gotten unsolicited advice or straight-up fat mocking.

• katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 874 Member
    Ug, I’m sorry you were put in that situation (especially during something that is supposed to be a relaxing!). I am pretty private about most things, but I hate, HATE talking about my weight in “real life.” I just think we shouldn’t talk about one another’s bodies ever. I’m at the point where people are starting to comment or ask questions about my weight loss, and I really don’t want to discuss it anywhere but here. Being praised or held up as an “example” doesn’t really feel better than being told I need to lose weight. If you’re not my doctor, stop talking about my body!

And back to your original post, I spent the whole day tugging up my jeans. The next size down gives me a muffin top. I know it’s a sign of progress, but being in-between sizes stinks!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @katy9599 Belts are my savior. I imagine it's tougher for women, as a lot of my wife's pants don't have belt loops. Why clothes makers think women don't need those or pockets is beyond me.
  • katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 874 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    @katy9599 Belts are my savior. I imagine it's tougher for women, as a lot of my wife's pants don't have belt loops. Why clothes makers think women don't need those or pockets is beyond me.

I definitely need to get a belt. My jeans do have loops, but only for a narrow belt. I generally don’t like wearing them, but its a necessity now. Don’t get me started on the pocket issue! Lol!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Lack of planning yesterday meant I went without a walk...said goodbye for 3 months to my eldest who has gone to Cleveland and then to the UK then back to Washington DC for his sport. Then today the weather beat me...high winds and freezing rain meant I stayed indoors. I had taken a rest day on Saturday so that's 3 days of no exercise. So annoyed.
  • merph518
    @katy9599 On the bright side (since you don't care for them), belts are another measure of progress. You'll slowly watch yourself need to pull it tighter with more slack leftover :)
  • jafinnearty
    jafinnearty Posts: 59 Member

Specifically the pockets, yes!!!
  • NovusDies
    It is a definite shift in mindset. I went from air drying everything in fear it would shrink to running it a little longer on high heat in the dryer hoping it will.
  • NovusDies
    I am kind of a creature of habit. If I buy a shoe I like and I can purchase it again when the current ones are closing in on death I do it. The last pair of New Balance shoes broke in pretty quickly and I found them to be very comfortable. The same size, brand, and model and this last pair has at least 25 miles on it and they are STILL KILLLING ME. 90 bucks.

I really do not want to be spending extra money right now.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am kind of a creature of habit. If I buy a shoe I like and I can purchase it again when the current ones are closing in on death I do it. The last pair of New Balance shoes broke in pretty quickly and I found them to be very comfortable. The same size, brand, and model and this last pair has at least 25 miles on it and they are STILL KILLLING ME. 90 bucks.

I really do not want to be spending extra money right now.

Bugger. But better to spend the money and be comfortable? I'm the same, I find something I like and stick with it. How annoying that these ones are different from your previous ones.
  • NovusDies
    Fatigue sucks. The sign of it happening for me has always been my calories creeping higher. I am not really hungry for the extra food I am just unsettled and discontent. It has happened to me twice once after a sudden loss in our family and the second because of the surgery. So both very stressful times and a calorie deficit is additional stress to our bodies.

My way of getting refocused was to take a few days at maintenance or higher. For me relaxing my routine and a bit of food fun helped. I hope you find your answer.

Vent away.
  • merph518
    I'm done with Chinese food for a while. Had a General Tso combination platter for dinner last night. It fit into my calorie budget but caused a 5lb uptick in weight overnight. I feel gross.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    All of the salt in Chinese food will do that!....never fear , the water weight will come off quick!
  • NovusDies
    I'm done with Chinese food for a while. Had a General Tso combination platter for dinner last night. It fit into my calorie budget but caused a 5lb uptick in weight overnight. I feel gross.

That does suck. I know we are not supposed to care about upticks but 5lbs is enough of a shift to make me feel bad too. I love Asian cuisine but don't eat it very often for the same reason.