TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options

Replies

• pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    sandkp wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Good afternoon, team The Big Butt Theory.

Regrettably, I have come to the decision that I need to leave The Biggest Loser Challenge and take a sabbatical from MFP. I have only pretended to take care of myself for quite some time and I can no longer keep up the facade. The team will be left in Pam's (@pkg1998) very capable hands. She will continue to enter all your weights and remind those who are missing weigh-ins. Christine (@cmhubbard92) will continue to do the water and step challenges and Shawnee (@sandkp) will continue to do the food and fitness challenges. Assuming the team decides to continue with the Mini Challenge, someone will need to compile and post those results. To get the team caught up and then leave it up to date, I will be posting the Mini Challenge and weekly results until the end of the month.

Lisa

@HASWLRS Lisa - I really am sorry to read this. You have been a shining light here and will definitely be missed. Having said that - you need to take care of YOU first and foremost. I totally get the "facade" issue and the fake it to you make it or look your best until you actually get there type of attitude can definitely play on you and your own growth. I will definitely miss seeing your posts.

Just so you know - I came here looking for you to take part in this challenge and group and you brought me in and made me feel welcome so thank you!

The last two weeks have been super rough for me - I was making progress and doing well (on the right track - mentally & physically even if it wasn't showing on the gosh awful scale!) then I got sick and off track.... my brain set all kinds of roadblocks for myself and I let myself down. I got down because I couldn't get to go see my mom - felt I let her down, couldn't keep up with the kids - felt I let them down. I knew I wasn't keeping up with mini challenge and the food/exercise challenge - and felt I let TBBT down. I actually came here a couple days ago (right after you posted) and was coming to tell the group I was quiting. I read your post and your other posts where you felt good to leave to take care of you because the group was in good hands.... and you will be back when you are ready. That made me decide to stay. Was going to post an update to the team and then got sick again so never got to it. I will post after this to try to get my stuff back on track... but again thank you for believing in me and stating it... it made me want to stay and wait for your return.

Good luck to you and look forward to your return and the time then that we can catch up!

@sandkp So glad you decided to stay with us, but also concerned that you’ve been sick lately. It’s not easy to take care of ourselves and everyone else in our lives while we’re not feeling well. Hopefully you’ll be back to yourself soon {{HUGS}}.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    It's so hard being back at work and cold and miserable, to add to my sadness I have had a growth removed from my arm and stiches to can't do much until they come out :(

Woah is me at the minute lol

Guess I can control my intake though

PW 183.50
    CW 179.00
    4.5lbs down

@Tracie_Lord WOW! Nice loss - you must be doing something right still. Hopefully the stitches come out soon so that you can go back to your active life.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    It seems as though October has been a stressful month for many of us on TBBT!

Not sure if it’s the change in weather or what, but this certainly seems true for so many of us! Hopefully things will get better for everyone and we can finish the month strong.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    There’s been a lot going on this week, but I think we’re missing weigh-ins for the following (if I missed it, please repost and tag me).

Monday:
    @lozenger1984 & @MelsLeanDream & @Audgiebug & @ourbestlife

Wednesday:
    @murdog3t

Thursday:
    @sandkp & @cossmoss15

Thanks!
  • pkg1998
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE (10/13 - 10/19)

Sunday - No, No, No
    Monday - Yes,Yes, Yes
    Tuesday - Yes, No, Yes
    Wednesday - Yes, No, Yes
    Thursday - Yes, No, Yes
    Friday -
    Saturday -
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It's so hard being back at work and cold and miserable, to add to my sadness I have had a growth removed from my arm and stiches to can't do much until they come out :(

Woah is me at the minute lol

Guess I can control my intake though

PW 183.50
    CW 179.00
    4.5lbs down

I'm so sorry. But you had a fantastic loss!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    I don't remember if I posted for Wednesday.
    Thursday and Wednesday were both a no. This week has been a struggle. I have not been able to accomplish my goals this week. I'm trying to get caught up from last week and trying to keep ahead this week.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Happy Birthday, Christine!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92, Brandi beat me to it....Happy Birthday, Christine! Have a wonderful day!!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Food Challenge
    I tried Baked Honey Mustard Chicken. It was ok but it seems that when I bake chicken there is a lot of grease in the pan and makes the sauce watery. My daughter loved it though.
    https://diethood.com/baked-honey-mustard-chicken/
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week: 3
    Weight in day:Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 148
    Today’s weight: 147.6

Oct 17
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Step: 12623
    Water:88oz
    43 minHIIT
    Hike 2 miles

TGIF
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84 @HASWLRS thank you both so much!!!!!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Happy birthday. Hope this new year will bring a lot of happiness, love, laughter and good health for you.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Week: Week 3
    Today: Thursday, 10/17
    Start weight:  216 lbs
    Previous week's weight:  213.6 lbs
    Current week's weight: 214.4 lbs
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @cmhubbard92!

I've fallen off the wagon this week. I had a athletic event for my daughter last weekend that I worked at and it wiped me out. I have been exhausted and without energy for days. I'm picking it up again today though - I don't want to lose the progress I've begun in the last couple of weeks. To bring my reporting up to date:

Mini Challenge (10/15 - 10/17)
    yes, no, no
    no, no, no
    yes, no, no

Steps are going to be terrible this week and water as well. I'm not going to let it keep me off track though, just turn the page and keep going! I hope everyone is ending the week well and has a lovely weekend to look forward to!
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weight 157.5

• Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’ve been a little absent this week as we’ve come away for a last minute family trip but I’m planning to catch up on all the happenings as soon as I’m back!

@pkg1998 could you roll over my weight from last week please? I don’t have any scales to weigh in with at our holiday cottage.

Have a brilliant weekend everyone!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 Happy birthday!! Hope you have something nice planned for today and wishing you all the health and happiness on your birthday x
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok I need to get my act together and not use the lack of sunlight and cold rainy weather as an excuse to not eat healthy. I’m taking a break these last weeks of the month to regroup and I’ll rejoin in November.
    Lauren
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It seems as though October has been a stressful month for many of us on TBBT!

I agree!
This discussion has been closed.