TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (October)

Options

Replies

• stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »

Question of the week:

Does anyone on the team consistently log on the weekends?

I do log on weekends, but I find it difficult for a few reasons.
    - We tend to eat out on the weekend and not all the restaurants have nutritional info for their menu items. When I log these meals, I always make sure to over-estimate calories consumed (add more oil/butter than I would use if cooking at home). So I don't know for sure if what I've logged is accurate, and I am a bit OCD with the accuracy thing.
    - Because of the above mentioned issue, I tend to go over my calories on at least one day of the weekend. And I really dislike seeing the red numbers!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    username: petrocoetsee
    Weigh in:
    SW: 205.50
    21/10: 201.3
    28/10 : 199.1
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    10/27 Sunday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... Yes
    Exercise: Yes 3.8km hike

Other challenges:
    Steps:9228

Water: oz.78
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    @pkg1998 I also log over weekends, but it is not always easy. When you prepare your own meals, you know what is going into them and it easy to log the correct numbers. The moment you eat anywhere else, you guestimate. I will rather overstate my calories than understate it. On the few occasions that I really lost it, I will log it as a combined calories figure, probably also way higher than it actually was, but I still log it.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @pkg1998 I log over the weekend, but also try to do what others do, and overestimate-especially if I am eating out or someone else made the food. It can be tricky, but it's better to be honest, when it is so easy to let that your weekend slip away!
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    @stubbornloser , @petrocoetsee , @cmhubbard92

Thanks for the great responses. I think your suggestions are what I need to do - log what I eat and overestimate if necessary. I know that the weekends are a big reason why my weight loss is slow (non-existent). Maybe if I start logging it will help me pay more attention to what I’m actually eating.
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day 154.5
    Hoping to hit 153.9or below for my birthday on weds so will do an extra weigh in. It will mean hitting a couple of milestones which would be a great birthday present to myself.

Back home now. It's freezing.

Have signed up to another 10k to keep me exercising and back to meal prep. Snacking will be my big challenge again - how so you guys cope with feeling snacky?
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@pkg1998.
    @cmhubbard92.
    @energyseeker.
    @LMK02020.
    @heaz10.
    @Lozenger1984.
    @petrocoetsee.
    @brandi_84.
    @annabananamc.
    @Nicoletime4me.
    @Sandkp.
    @stubbornloser.
    @abowersgirl.
    @Coral333.
    @murdog3t.
    @Tracie_Lord.
    @Calli1616.
    @cossmoss15.
    @MelsLeanDream.

This is the last week of the October Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the November Challenge.

The November challenge thread is:
    TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10770043/team-the-big-butt-theory-november#latest

If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS you will be missed. Thank you for all of your encouragement and kind words.

@heaz10, thank you, Heather, for your kind words!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Food Challenge
    I tried Baked Honey Mustard Chicken. It was ok but it seems that when I bake chicken there is a lot of grease in the pan and makes the sauce watery. My daughter loved it though.
    https://diethood.com/baked-honey-mustard-chicken/

@brandi_84 The recipe looks delicious, but I have the same problem with watery baked chicken. It tends to make the sauce not so good. Wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

@brandi_84, @pkg1998, I know it sounds like extra work, but could you remove the chicken when it's done and keep it warm in the oven while you thicken the sauce with some corn starch on the stove top?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS I’ve just caught up on your leaving post having got back from our trip. I’m so sorry to see you go and will miss you!
    Wishing you all the best and hope that you’ll be feeling on the right track within yourself soon. X
    cossmoss15 wrote: »

@HASWLRS Thank you for all the work you have done to support our group. All the best to you as you move forward.

@Coral333 and @cossmoss15, thank you for your kind words. Just backing off from MFP in general these last couple of weeks has already improved my head space.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I finished my 10k! I ran it all and got a decent time. It was beautiful and I'm so proud to have come this far. Need to find another one to sign up for!

@lozenger1984, I really am so happy for you!! A 10K is a huge accomplishment because of all the hard work that goes into preparing for it!! Now you've got a time to beat for your next 10K!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @sandkp how about a food challenge with fruit/veggies for the Southern hemisphere? We are moving towards summer with summer fruits in abundance. Oranges and other winter fruits are no longer available here (at least, affordable winter fruits)

@petrocoetsee, feel free to come up with your own fruit/vegetable challenge for the southern hemisphere in the meantime. Right now I think that you and @MelsLeanDream are the only two in that particular hemisphere, but there may be others joining in November that are from that part of the world, too.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    October 24
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous- 180
    Current-179.8

@Nicoletime4me, it's not much, Nicole, but it certainly looks better having a "7" as the second number!! Incentive to keep it there for next week!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    October Week #4 Results

Team TBBT came in third place again this week with a loss of 0.36% (0.61% for first place). Well done, team!!

The TOP THREE Big Butts for last week were:

@lozenger1984 - 1.65%
    @stubbornloser - 1.37%
    @Coral333 - 0.98%

Well done, Laura, Kim and Coral!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    THE NOVEMBER THREAD IS OPEN.

@pkg1998 and @cmhubbard92, at your earliest convenience, please post your introduction to the team so that any newcomers that are ready to post their introductions do not find themselves posting to an empty thread.

@pkg1998, you may use any or all of my intro in explaining how and why this challenge works if you would like. And once you have an intro you like, just copy and paste from here on in, just changing the dates and the month.

@brandi_84, you can post the explanation for the Mini Challenge at any time now. Again, you may use any or all of my explanation.

@cmhubbard92, you can post the explanation of the step and water challenge at any time now.

@sandkp, you can post about the food and nutrition challenges and what the team can expect at any time now.

*****@eatingfoodles, @erikNJ, @ethelsmommy, @ForLangston, @LMK02020 and @swauters. All of you mentioned that you would be considering coming back in November. Now is your chance to re-register for the November Challenge, as the registration thread is also open. If you would like to be back on TBBT, please make sure to mention that in your registration post.
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in for Thursday

Last week 128
    This week 127.8
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I finished my 10k! I ran it all and got a decent time. It was beautiful and I'm so proud to have come this far. Need to find another one to sign up for!

@lozenger1984, I really am so happy for you!! A 10K is a huge accomplishment because of all the hard work that goes into preparing for it!! Now you've got a time to beat for your next 10K!!

Thank you so much for all your support. All your work ahs been so appreciated. All the best for the future and hope to see you back at some point!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - October Week #3 (Sun the 13th to Sat the 19th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @heaz10 (7) - 12th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @petrocoetsee (7) - improved on her Notable Effort to land in the Winner's Circle this week!!
    @cmhubbard92 (6) - 37th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @murdog3t (4) - only attempted last week; this week puts in a Notable Effort!!

Attempted:
    @abowersgirl (3)
    @annabananamc (3)
    @Nicoletime4me (2)
    @brandi_84 (1)
    @Calli1616 (1)
    @LMK02020 (1)
    @pkg1998 (1)

We had 11 participate this week, down from 13 the week before but we still had the same number of Winners at three!! This week, @heaz10 and @cmhubbard92 were joined at the top by @petrocoetsee!! Congratulations to all three for an outstanding week!! Of note, Heather and Petro were accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

Thank you so much for all your support. All your work ahs been so appreciated. All the best for the future and hope to see you back at some point!

@lozenger1984, thank you, Laura! I hope to be back sooner rather than later!! Fingers crossed!!
This discussion has been closed.