• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    October 30
    Weigh in day- Thursday
    Previous 179.8
    Current- 177
    😊

@Nicoletime4me, three pounds this week....that's your best weigh-in in a long time!! And it's been a long time since you've been as low as 177!! Congratulations, and I sincerely hope you've found in you what you need to keep this momentum going!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Coral333 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS I’ve just caught up on your leaving post having got back from our trip. I’m so sorry to see you go and will miss you!
    Wishing you all the best and hope that you’ll be feeling on the right track within yourself soon. X
    cossmoss15 wrote: »

@HASWLRS Thank you for all the work you have done to support our group. All the best to you as you move forward.

@Coral333 and @cossmoss15, thank you for your kind words. Just backing off from MFP in general these last couple of weeks has already improved my head space.

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for all of your support and kind words over the many months. You were really great and I am glad you are feeling better.

Unfortunately team, I am not feeling better. I need a real long focus on my mental health right now. Thankfully I have not let that ruin my health. Today was my first workout in over three weeks. But I have been keeping my diet in check and haven't been packing on the pounds.
    This actually happened with me the same months last year and I rejoined in December. I hope if I can get my head right I will rejoin you again.
    Thanks to any person who ever interacted with me, responded to a post or even just liked one. You guys are a great team.

@erikNJ, thanks, Erik, for stopping by and letting us know how you are doing. Of course, it's not what we want to hear, but I, for one, definitely get it!! Wishing you great mental and physical health, and the best November you could possibly hope for!! See you around, my friend, hopefully sooner rather than later!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Understanding the 80% Nutrition and 20% Workout formula has been my challenge. Hopefully, this helps!
    Can you explain the 80/20 formula to me? Tks

@petrocoetsee, some people spend all their time in the gym when trying to lose weight, but if they don't pay attention to what they are eating (as in eating at a deficit) they will not succeed. Diet is considered the most important aspect when losing weight because as long as you eat at a deficit, you can lose weight without exercising. That is why it is commonly accepted that when trying to lose weight, what you eat is 80% of the solution and exercising to lower your deficit is the other 20%.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - October Week #4 (Sun the 20th to Sat the 26th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @cmhubbard92 (7) - 38th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @heaz10 (7) - 13th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @abowersgirl (6) - only attempted last week; this week lands in the Winner's Circle!!
    @petrocoetsee (6) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @annabananamc (5) - only attempted last week; this week puts in a Notable Effort!!

Attempted:
    @Calli1616 (1)
    @sandkp (1)

We only had 7 participate this week, down from 11 the week before, but our number of Winners went UP from three to four!! This week, @abowersgirl joined @cmhubbard92, @heaz10 and @petrocoetsee at the top!! Congratulations to these four for an outstanding week!! Of note, Christine and Heather were accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!! Well done!!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge Wednesday 10.30.19
    No 3x
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS thanks for explaining the 80/20 formula. I see so many arguments for/against certain diets. Keeto, banting, fasting etc. Drinking diet pills, shakes etc. HIIT, weights, cardio and so on. In the end the only reason a person will loose weight is the difference between CI vs CO.
    Good luck with your journey. Hope it goes well for you.
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Username: stubbornloser
    Weigh in week: 5 - Oct 31, 2019
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Week’s Weight: 201.6
    Today’s Weight: 203.2

So frustrated!!!

Can totally understand that frustration! I almost think sometimes when we're so close to a mini goal of another weight bracket our weight particularly doesn't want to play ball and goes in the opposite direction.
    I'm rooting for you and am sure you'll have it back off next week!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    I will be skipping my weigh in this week. I have been sick all week and my steps aren't even the best.
  • stubbornloser
    stubbornloser Posts: 83 Member
    Options

So frustrated!!!

Can totally understand that frustration! I almost think sometimes when we're so close to a mini goal of another weight bracket our weight particularly doesn't want to play ball and goes in the opposite direction.
    I'm rooting for you and am sure you'll have it back off next week!

Thank you!

• Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS thanks and it has been a long time since I seen this weight. I’m also sadden to see that you are leaving us :(. I will miss your kind and encouraging words. I know the ladies that are stepping up will do an awesome job too. Best regards.
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    10/31 Thursday
    Mini challenge
    Tracked...yes
    Under... Yes
    Exercise: Yes train with PT at gym

Other challenges:
    Steps:3120

Water: oz.78
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Step and Water Results For The Week 10/14-10/20
    Percentage of Step Goal Complete
    1st: @cmhubbard92 115.46%
    2nd: @petrocoetsee 112.28%
    3rd: @pkg1998 101.75%

Highest Total Steps:
    1st: @heaz10 76475
    2nd: @cmhubbard92 69278
    3rd: @petrocoetsee 65124

TBBT Challengers who met/exceeded step goal:
    @cmhubbard92
    @cossmoss15
    @heaz10
    @petrocoetsee
    @pkg1998

Percentage of Water Goal:
    1st: @cmhubbard92 150.15%
    2nd: @petrocoetsee 144.19%

Step and Water Results For The Week 10/21-10/27
    Percentage of Step Goal Complete
    1st: @cmhubbard92 139.76%
    2nd: @heaz10 114.23%
    3rd: @cossmoss15 102.68%

Highest Total Steps:
    1st: @cmhubbard92 83,673
    2nd: @heaz10 79,964
    3rd: @calli1616 61,607

Percentage of Water Goal:
    1st: @cmhubbard92 175.92%
    2nd: @petrocoetsee 155.10%

If I missed your steps and didn't accurately record them, please let me know! Great job to all who are participating in this challenge!!!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh In

Last week - 201.2
    This week - 201.2

Maintain for me this week which is so frustrating when I’m so close to that mini goal but I have to remind myself I’m only 1lb off my goal for October and there’s plenty of time to reach my next goal of 190 for Christmas.

I’ve had a bit of a stressful week at work and so haven’t eaten a lot. I think it always surprises me that eating a lot less doesn’t actually transfer to a loss on the scales for me. Who knows!?
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    October Final Weigh-in:
    Original SW (11/26/2018): 246.0
    February (Month 1) SW: 235.5
    March (Month 2) SW: 224.2 (-11.3)
    April (Month 3) SW: 221.2 (-3.0)
    May (Month 4) SW: 219.1 (-2.1)
    June (Month 5) SW: 216.2(-2.9)
    July (Month 6) SW: 211.8(-4.4)
    August (Month 7) SW 206.4(-5.4)
    September (Month 8) SW 204.5(-1.9)
    October (Month 9) SW: 201.9(-2.6)

October SW:  201.9
    Week 1:  203.8 (+1.9)
    Week 2:  203.8(+1.9)
    Week 3:  198.3 (-5.5)
    Week 4: 198.2(-0.1)
    Week 5 200.0 (+1.8)

Total Loss for October:  -1.9
    Total Loss Overall: 46lb
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Friday Weigh In

Last week - 201.2
    This week - 201.2

Maintain for me this week which is so frustrating when I’m so close to that mini goal but I have to remind myself I’m only 1lb off my goal for October and there’s plenty of time to reach my next goal of 190 for Christmas.

I’ve had a bit of a stressful week at work and so haven’t eaten a lot. I think it always surprises me that eating a lot less doesn’t actually transfer to a loss on the scales for me. Who knows!?

I totally get how you feel, and it can feel so defeating. Luckily, you maintained this week and are continuing on the right path! You will make your Christmas goal without a doubt! I think that will be my goal for Christmas as well. This month has been rough for a lot of us, and I hope next month is better for us!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    PW 181.50
    CW 177.75

yeah!! good week, went to gym 4 times so slowly getting back on track :)
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    This is the last week of October to let’s try to make it the best of the month for TBBT.

Question of the week:

Does anyone on the team consistently log on the weekends?

I am really good about tracking and planning during the week, but fall off on the weekend. I know I’ve asked about being under calories before but what about tracking? I could use some pointers from our great team members.

Thanks!

yes I track every day, it's inbuilt in me now. Good, bad or indifferent I track. Even on holidays. Some days is more accurate than others but I still track.

I spent 5 mins at the end of the day ensuring Ive tracked what I can

I find it good just to reflect on sometimes

Also my diary is open if you wish to look at intakes
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

So frustrated!!!

@stubbornloser Is there anything we can do to help with your frustration? Suggestions or advice? Is there anything in particular you are struggling with?
  • pkg1998
    Options
    I will be skipping my weigh in this week. I have been sick all week and my steps aren't even the best.

@abowersgirl Thanks for letting us know and I hope you get to feeling better really soon.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Friday Weigh In

Last week - 201.2
    This week - 201.2

@Coral333 I think that just proves that starvation diets don’t work. Our body needs the nutrition to keep going and maintain it’s metabolism. Hopefully your stress will go away and you’ll be able to get back to your normal nutrition.
This discussion has been closed.