• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily Post: Thursday (Nov 7th)

Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes, 10K steps

Comments: called my childhood friend during the 10K walk and tied something necessary (walking) with something nice (talking)

Positive action with positive speak awesome
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    JasmijnRF wrote: »
    Username: JasmijnRF
    Weigh in week: November week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 165.7
    Todays Weight: 164.0

Yay go girl! So rocking this!!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Daily Post: Thursday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Kinda. I tried. See comments

Comments: So I have not started OMAD this week because I got my cycle and well, that is the worst time to make any drastic changes. Would be a set up for failure. I did do IF and eat lunch at work however, and even though I chose low carb options, I know they sneak carbs in everything because I can feel it. My body feels tingly and oddly satisfied after these meals and then I go into a slump/coma. This week, I don't know why, even with TOM I don't normally get hit this hard, but I have been really lethargic, physically so tired, drowsy, sleepy in the afternoons. My sleep was not the best but I did get between 7-9 hours in every night (including waking up several times for different reasons). Yesterday I decided to work out even though I wasn't feeling up to it. I started to do a 30 minute step video but could not even keep up with the 5 minute warm up so I turned it off and walked my dog instead. I could barely walk. It was awful. I took a bath with arnica salts before work because my job is physical and I hoped it would help. I ate lunch there, came home, and again felt super sleepy. I remembered that I have one of those light therapy boxes for overcoming winter blues so although they recommend to only use it in morning hours, I decided it was worth the risk. I did it for 10 minutes and it worked! I felt revived and was able to get some housework done without feeling terrible and I even had energy! I felt so good in fact, that at 6pm when I was praying for bedtime to come the other day, I decided to go clothes shopping for the work clothes I need for Saturday. When it came bedtime I was worried that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep but I took a melatonin and it helped. I was in bed and asleep by 10. Oh...and I'm also doing the other Biggest Loser Challenge and they have a weekly challenge called, "take 5" where you throw in 5 or 10 minutes of random movement in your day. I decided to do 5 or 10 jumping jacks every 20 or 30 minutes to help me stay awake and to keep me warm (I get cold just looking outside at all the gray) and to get my blood moving.

NSV: This might not seem like a "Victory" but I needed to buy a white bra to go with my white work shirt for Saturday. The bra I tried on...that FIT...was an A cup. Before I gained all my weight I was between a B and a C cup. When I gained all my weight I was a sloppy D. Now I'm a floppy A. I'm happy because I'm done with having babies and breastfeeding and at this point, I really just don't need them anymore. :D

Lol love your activeness, you always inspire me when I read your posts with different ways of getting your movement in. Kudos on finding positive ways to get your energy up while still able to get your 6-7hrs of sleep which is important on this journey. Also congrats on the NSV I can't wait to read your next post.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Nov Wk 1 - Thurs, 11/7

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walked a mile around my workplace today. Had a rough day at the end, my mood plummeted, but I contribute a lot of that to driving over 370 miles yesterday, most of it on back roads thanks to interstate construction.

Hope your mood is better but congrats on getting your mile in
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily post
    Thurs 7th nov
    Track- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise-1 hour circuits class
    Comments- feeling little better today. Feels so good to be on track again and looks like everyone else is doing a good job too.

Glad your feeling much better
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins weight training, 60 mins walking, 10 mins elliptical, 10 mins stair climber

Comments: Been really sore this week with my new Weightlifting program, coach is trying to kill me I think, so I managed to get in about 20 mins of cardio at the gym before the soreness got to me so I cut that short. Well I guess the universe spoke to me because my neighbor asked me if I wanted to walk with her after work so I walked for an hour anyway. Guess I was meant to do it after all.

Lol I guess no short cuts for you even if you tried. But kudos for your success on your journey to healthier you. You're my inspiration.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Question of the Week:
    With the holidays approaching, what is your plan to stay on track?

. . .I am going to have a particularly challenging time this time around,
    Also on a side note, if your plan is simply to enjoy yourself, that's fine too, one day isn't going to kill you! (well for me, it might, but I'm also weird so...lol)

Well unfortunately (and this is depressing but a good thing depends on how you look at) I'll be spending my time in a rehabilitation Center trying to get stronger for my move to Charlotte in December. I was supposed to be in Charlotte by Thanksgiving but once again my body betrayed me and wondered up in the hospital. (It almost makes me give up on making an healthier me that way my body keeps shutting down but I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel)
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Question of the week:

I am going to do my best to stay on track with my meal plan. If I have not cheated at all during this time then I will use Thanksgiving as my cheat meal day. I don't use cheat meals but as part of my eating plan but if I stay on goal then I will treat myself to small portions of course.
    [/quote]

Excellent plan.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    I haven’t really stuck to much of anything these past few months. And boy does the scale show it. But I’m going to give myself a break. I’m just going to keep trying to get where I know I can be. Ive been exercising consistently now if I can get my eating back on track consistently I’ll be ok.

That's right stay positive and just keep making small changes.
  • lucysaunders1691
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday 8th November

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: Under
    ✅Exercise: 20 mins climbing stairs on treadmill.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Week: November Week 1
    PW:490.8
    CW:502.9
    Goals/comments

To God be the glory; So disappointed in my weight gain these past couple weeks but I know once I get out the hospital and stop eating all these carbs the scale will go down again 😥😥 been here for 14days but still trying to stay positive knowing that this too shall pass.

Daily Post

Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under (but alot of carbs)
    Exercise yes the SITFIT APP 5-10mins to keep me from stiffing up while I'm in the hospital
    Water 165oz
    Goals/comments My friend came to see me. It felt good to have a visitor. Also got good news that I got accepted by a Rehab in Brooklyn now waiting for approval for my insurance company

Thursday

Track yes
    Calories yes under (lots of carbs again)
    Excercise no
    Water 170oz
    Goals/comments didn't feel my best today

Friday
    Track yes
    Calories yes same as yesterday too much carbs
    Exercise no
    Water 180oz
    Goals/comments Had another PT assessment but probably will be here over the weekend😥😥😥
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday 8th November

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: Under
    ✅Exercise: 20 mins climbing stairs on treadmill.

Awesome
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    caloricus wrote: »
    Username: caloricus
    Week: November, week 1
    PW: 179
    CW: 175.5

Awesome
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: November 7th

Calories under goal: No, a little over
    Exercise: No, was in a car all day

Daily Post: November 8th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,600 steps

Keep it up
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    I'll take it! Yesterday my weight was 138.8 due to water retention, so I'll take it! I'm actually very surprised that my body dropped most of the water so quickly. Especially since my 1400 calorie dinner was only 3 hours before I went to bed last night.

Lol the body is a funny thing
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily Post: Friday (Nov 8th)

Track: yes
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes, 10K steps

Comments: I'm quite proud of myself: despite my mom's birthday party, I exceeded my plan only by couple flutes of sparkling wine 🥂

Kudos to you. Happy belated birthday to your mom.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    @erinmorgan
    Weigh in day Friday
    November 8th week 1
    PW 192
    CW 188.8

Stay on track you GOT THIS
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    Username: LadyRN76
    PW 158.9
    CW 159.3

Not surprised with the last 48 hours. My water has been on the low side. Time to start a new day and stay focused.

ROOTING FOR YOU! YOU GOT THIS!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:

. . .I am going to have a particularly challenging time this time around,
    Also on a side note, if your plan is simply to enjoy yourself, that's fine too, one day isn't going to kill you! (well for me, it might, but I'm also weird so...lol)

Well unfortunately (and this is depressing but a good thing depends on how you look at) I'll be spending my time in a rehabilitation Center trying to get stronger for my move to Charlotte in December. I was supposed to be in Charlotte by Thanksgiving but once again my body betrayed me and wondered up in the hospital. (It almost makes me give up on making an healthier me that way my body keeps shutting down but I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel)

@gjaholy33 Well, circumstances aren't the greatest for you right now, but as you already know, quitting isn't going to improve the situation so you're doing great with trying to stick to the plan and get better so you can move on and get to a healthier you. Just take it one day at a time right now, focus on what you CAN do, don't focus on what you can't do as that isn't going to help at all. I know it's hard right now, but soon, this will all be water under the bridge.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Friday

Exercise: Yes, 25 minute run on treadmill

Comments: First day of OMAD. I was going to wait until Monday but today's fasting went better than expected so I decided to skip lunch and have dinner with my husband. We had chicken tacos. I only had one shell though, mostly just a lot of the filling (low carb is hard to let go!). I ate way too much. I never get full because I'm always trying to divide my calories throughout the day. Well, I ate so much that I couldn't even stand up straight. On one side, it was nice actually feeling full for a change...but...ouch. After I let my food settle I polished off my meal with two low carb chocolate chip cookies. Total calories 1400. I'm afraid to step on the scale tomorrow because today is the last day of my cycle and it usually takes about 3 or 4 more days for the water weight to go down. It sucks being a woman when you are in a challenge like this and the challenge does not care if you are retaining water on weigh in day. :#

@143tobe That's how I do everything, I make a plan and throw the plan out the window and just go for it lol. It's how I went Keto, Carnivore, my weightlifting, ADF (I literally gave that an hour thought before implementing it), etc.
    And that's pretty normal for women, although my last weightlifting coach told me that during the week of pms if you up your water in the beginning and taper down towards weigh ins, it helps you to lose the water bloat from pms, and much to her credit, she was right, my first meet I was dealing with pms and water weight (not good when you have to make weight). Not that this weigh in is super important, just saying, but food for thought if it's at all something you're really upset over. (I am not here for this challenge, but for my weightlifting, it obviously mattered)
This discussion has been closed.