TEAM: The Slimsons (November)

Options

Replies

• Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: tuesday (Nov 12th)

Track: no
    Calories: should be within my calory limit, but I might be fooling myself as many nuts and dried fruits were eaten
    Exercise: yes, 10K steps
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Tues 11/12
    Tracked yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday )

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes 75 mins weight training, 15 mins stair climber, 15 mins elliptical, 30 mins treadmill, and a lot of shopping.

Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes, fasted
    Exercise: Yes 90 mins weight training, 20 mins walking....turns out it was really cold and I was too cold to spent too long outside and didn't have enough time to go to the gym.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Nov Wk 2 - Tues, 11/12

Track: Yea
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 min of elliptical and stretches
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no. 9,000 steps. It was 18 here with a windchill of 2 this morning. I'll be honest. I snuggled next to my hubby and slept another 45 minutes.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Mrsjas2000
    Week 2
    PW 256
    CW 255
    Tuesday
    So happy the scale is finally moving in the right direction, even is is very slow
  • BougeeBrat
    BougeeBrat Posts: 107 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Daily Post - Tuesday 11/12

Exercise: Yes, F45.

**I felt like crap 2day during my workout. I had a preworkout drink and still had low energy. I pushed through and finished but I hate when I feel like that. I usually enjoy a challenging workout. Hopefully 2morrow will be better.
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Kin59vara wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW= 163.5
    CW= 165.6

I am out of control. I need to refocus and get myself together.

@Kin59vara When I am out of control (and it's happened several times) I tend to overhaul my diet and do something even more drastic, because I can't do moderation, for some reason, moderation for me leads me down a rabbit hold of complete loss of control. First time I went keto, then when I lost control again, I added intermittent fasting (16:8) and this last time that I lost control I added ADF and it's helping with the control problem. Making myself strict rules to follow is how I regain control.

Thanks for your advice and taking the time to give it. I feel the same way I need sometimes to make strict rules.

I think each of us has different ways to be strict on ourselves. I am absolutely militant on tracking. I have tracked every single day for over 390 days. I don't miss a day. I think that doing this, more than anything, keeps me from overeating. In the past, I was dishonest with myself. I never wanted to admit how much I actually ate. I even hid candy wrappers in the trash can at work....like the calories wouldn't count if I couldn't see the evidence. If I think about eating something now, I ask myself do I really want to journal it? If the answer is no, I don't eat it. I am 100% brutally honest with myself. The other ways I am strict on myself are that I don't eat any candy, cake, pasta, pizza, cheeseburgers, fast food, etc. I had one dessert last year and I still feel sort of guilty about it. My diet plan is simple. I keep my carbs around 100 net grams ( I like fruit and other complex carbs so it will rarely go below this number). I try to eat a lot of lean protein, mostly chicken and fish. I started eating a lot more red meat and that was when I hit that plateau. I try to keep my fiber above 30 grams too. I pay lesser attention to sugar and fat grams but I do monitor them. I have modified these numbers as I have gone along. In the end, it is what works for you.

Thanks, I love to hear of everyone's journey as it is inspirational and gives me food for thought ( a little accidental pun).
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday November 13

Calories: yes
    Exercise: Yes Daily Burn,14238 steps
    Goals/Day/Comments: I am doing better thanks again for everyone's advice. I think I am more mindful this week and because I did the shopping and therefore had my idea of meals I am eating better.
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Tuesday 12th
    Track-yes
    Calories-yes over by 800
    Exercise-10 no

Went all day and had only eaten 500 calories still feeling ill so didn't fancy dinner then ended up having a major binge last night once I started picking at bits line drawn today and I will try to use less calories today to make up for it.

I don't know why i ate so much I still didn't even feel really hungry just habit I guess. I hate winter and it's not even as cold here in UK as some places but I hate being cold I'm made for summer I think 😁
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Carbs on track
    Exercise: abs
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So I've been having this crazy craving for friend chicken and mashed potatoes! So I decided to make some! I'm on keto so I can't really eat it so I made my own keto friendly version. Just cut up a chicken breast into strips dipped it in egg I crushed up some pork skins for the breading and put it in the oven on a pan greased in MTC coconut oil and baked it. Then just got a bag of steamable cauliflower put in the microwave till done put it in my blender with lil bit of garlic salt and some butter and blended it up! Omg it was sooo good! And total carbs for the whole meal was only 2 carbs! 😁

12m3ed8yap98.jpg
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in Wednesday
    November week 2

PW - 258.2
    CW - 251.8
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    November week 2

PW - 258.2
    CW - 251.8

Awesome loss
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    MorningTeam Slimsons!❤❤

s7xmmcdhizig.jpg
    syvslfj0hhrm.jpg
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise- weights leg day and walking
    Water 104 oz
    steps 13674
    Goals today weights (arms and chest) and more walking
    Done food prep and froze it good until next weekend. Going to work today my truck has been broken down for a week. Have a great hump day
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Daily post

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

This is my first daily post even though I have successfully tracked, stayed under calories and exercised every day since the November challenge began. I will try to check in daily.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    November week 2

PW - 258.2
    CW - 251.8

WOW!!!!!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    LadyRN76 wrote: »
    November week 2

PW - 258.2
    CW - 251.8

WOW!!!!!

Congrats on a great loss!!

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday

Track: Mentally
    Exercise: Nope

Ok, so Monday and Tuesday were a disaster food-wise. The stress of prepping for the party led me to stress eat and I decided that I would just be really crabby at my son's party if I tried to fast or keep it keto so I gave myself free reign. So I probably ate enough calories over those two days to feed me for a week. Today I didn't track but I know my calories were under. I'm also rethinking this OMAD thing. Trying to participate in a weight loss challenge while doing experimental eating just puts too much pressure on me because instead of focusing on what might work for me (or not) in the long run, I'm too worried about gaining weight for weigh in day. So I might not participate in this challenge next month.

Oh, and thanks for all the responses about the messy houses. It feels good knowing I'm not alone. And maybe I should look into a cleaning app. If I can clean up my phone to make room for yet another app. :#
This discussion has been closed.