Replies

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: November 12th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 10,800 steps

The weather was too rainy to walk outside yesterday, but I was at work so I got my walking done inside the building. I admit it, I am a winter person. I LOVE the winter...but not when it's raining. I was ready to move back north this October when it was still in the upper 90's here in Charlotte....and still humid too. Soooo glad winter is finally here.

I'm only about 39 lbs from my goal now and I came to a realization that I think I am going to need some kind of skin removal surgery around my stomach. I have this large apron of skin that drops below my waistline. The more I lose, the worse the apron becomes. I kept thinking it would start to disappear, but it's getting worse. My arms are sort of ok, they are wrinkly but not horrible. My neck is wrinkly too. Just my new worry for the day. But, I would rather have this issue than the extra 96+ lbs hanging on me. This isn't something that I plan on doing anything about now...it is probably at least a year or two away. I need to finish losing this last 39 pounds first.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Thursday

Track ✔
    Calories ✔
    Exercise ✔

Just a little walk with 🐕🐕 at the park, oh, went to the mall and walked some before I went to work. Still a little cold outside.

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Days I used to worry about. My 3-month check -up with my doctor. I never liked going to the doctor's office, mainly because they would always tell me the same thing, "You need to lose weight." Like I didn't already know that. So I stopped going for years. I went back at the beginning of this journey, in August. This time, however, I proudly walked into the office. Down nearly 60 pounds since summer, down nearly 90 from my highest. Everything went well. Just missed the call about my bloodwork. So that will have to wait until tomorrow. A good day.
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Weds 13th Nov
    Calories-yes
    Track-yes
    Exercise-10,000 steps
  • smallhippo1
    smallhippo1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in Wednesday
    November week 2

PW - 258.2
    CW - 251.8

Fantastic loss well done!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Wed nov 13
    Tracked yes
    Calorie under
    Exercise yes
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    Ok, so Monday and Tuesday were a disaster food-wise. The stress of prepping for the party led me to stress eat and I decided that I would just be really crabby at my son's party if I tried to fast or keep it keto so I gave myself free reign. So I probably ate enough calories over those two days to feed me for a week. Today I didn't track but I know my calories were under. I'm also rethinking this OMAD thing. Trying to participate in a weight loss challenge while doing experimental eating just puts too much pressure on me because instead of focusing on what might work for me (or not) in the long run, I'm too worried about gaining weight for weigh in day. So I might not participate in this challenge next month.

Oh, and thanks for all the responses about the messy houses. It feels good knowing I'm not alone. And maybe I should look into a cleaning app. If I can clean up my phone to make room for yet another app. :#

@143tobe You know, I've experimented soooo many times over the last couple years with my food and eating and have gone through several periods of not losing, but I decided that it's not productive to not be here. I am here because this keeps me honest, and the one thing I've always been able to do was lie to myself, it's how I got to where I was to begin with, but ultimately, that choice is up to you. Only you can decide what is best for you. But know this...there is a cheer squad option, still participate, but your weight won't count towards the team totals..less pressure, but you can still be here with us...just a suggestion if you want to do that.
  • AB0215
    Options

I'm only about 39 lbs from my goal now and I came to a realization that I think I am going to need some kind of skin removal surgery around my stomach. I have this large apron of skin that drops below my waistline. The more I lose, the worse the apron becomes. I kept thinking it would start to disappear, but it's getting worse. My arms are sort of ok, they are wrinkly but not horrible. My neck is wrinkly too. Just my new worry for the day. But, I would rather have this issue than the extra 96+ lbs hanging on me. This isn't something that I plan on doing anything about now...it is probably at least a year or two away. I need to finish losing this last 39 pounds first.

@CindyJNC1963 That is something I've been looking at lately, very seriously, how much of what I have left to "lose" is really fat or is it excess skin, and whether or not I'd want to have that surgery. It would be hard for me to do it right now, I wouldn't be able to lift weights for months and I don't think I could live with that, so choices may have to be made soonish. I have a doctor appointment Monday, which I will be asking some serious questions in.
  • AB0215
    Options
    dustyspal wrote: »
    Days I used to worry about. My 3-month check -up with my doctor. I never liked going to the doctor's office, mainly because they would always tell me the same thing, "You need to lose weight." Like I didn't already know that. So I stopped going for years. I went back at the beginning of this journey, in August. This time, however, I proudly walked into the office. Down nearly 60 pounds since summer, down nearly 90 from my highest. Everything went well. Just missed the call about my bloodwork. So that will have to wait until tomorrow. A good day.

@dustyspal I always went to the dr, even if they always told me to lose weight, I managed to get past that fun conversation, never really thought my life would be any different if I did, well turns out, I was extremely wrong about that. My life is like 1000 times better at this size and I am sooooo much happier.

Congrats on your amazing progress, hopefully your doctor was happy with your progress, mine seemed to miss the massive amount of weight loss the last time I went, hopefully this time she notices...seeing how I've lost 110 lbs since she told me I needed to lose weight.
  • erinmorgan
    erinmorgan Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Daily Posts

Tuesday 11/12
    Track ✅
    Calories ✅ under
    Exercise ✅ did 30 min jog 1.5 min on 1 min walk and weight lifting. 😁

Wednesday 11/13
    Track ✅
    Calories over
    Exercise ✅ not much, just a quick 20 minute walk but at least I wasn’t on the couch!!
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Nov Wk 2 - Wed, 11/13
    PW: 179 CW: 178

Calories: Over
    Exercise: Walked 1+ mile at work today.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: way under, Feel under the weather
    Exercise: Not today.
  • satchel2008
    satchel2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Daily post Wednesday
    Track yes
    Carbs on track
    Exercise yes
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Nov Wk 2 - Wed, 11/13
    PW: 179 CW: 178

Calories: Over
    Exercise: Walked 1+ mile at work today.

Nice
  • vicky2767
    Options
    erinmorgan wrote: »
    Daily Posts

Tuesday 11/12
    Track ✅
    Calories ✅ under
    Exercise ✅ did 30 min jog 1.5 min on 1 min walk and weight lifting. 😁

Wednesday 11/13
    Track ✅
    Calories over
    Exercise ✅ not much, just a quick 20 minute walk but at least I wasn’t on the couch!!

Hey you got that walk in - that’s fantastic. Even if it was quick as you say.
  • AB0215
    Options
    So I've been having this crazy craving for friend chicken and mashed potatoes! So I decided to make some! I'm on keto so I can't really eat it so I made my own keto friendly version. Just cut up a chicken breast into strips dipped it in egg I crushed up some pork skins for the breading and put it in the oven on a pan greased in MTC coconut oil and baked it. Then just got a bag of steamable cauliflower put in the microwave till done put it in my blender with lil bit of garlic salt and some butter and blended it up! Omg it was sooo good! And total carbs for the whole meal was only 2 carbs! 😁
    12m3ed8yap98.jpg
    @satchel2008 That's how I do keto, I don't give things up, I just make them friendly to my way of eating. I just cut the carbs. There are always suitable alternatives! Awesome!
  • AB0215
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Daily Post - Tuesday 11/12

Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes, F45.

**I felt like crap 2day during my workout. I had a preworkout drink and still had low energy. I pushed through and finished but I hate when I feel like that. I usually enjoy a challenging workout. Hopefully 2morrow will be better.

@genajonas One of the things I've done recently is started journaling, I write about what I'm eating, how I feel and how my training goes. I do this so I can identify patterns, like did what I eat have an effect on how I feel or how I train. I also track my sleep with a fitness tracker so I also take that into account. It's helping to identify patterns and I've been choosing my food accordingly, might be worth looking into.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Username: LadyRN76
    PW 159.3
    CW 156.4

Back on track and being more cognizant of calories has helped tremendously.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Calories: Yes, fasting.
    Exercise: 70 mins weight training, housework, walked about 6k steps literally around my house cleaning.

Comments: Well today is the day that I start cooking for my weekend thanksgiving celebration with my family. Made my pie crusts today, and I did this on purpose while fasting because I tend to eat the pie crust as I cook it...literally every time, there is just something about pie crust.... so got that out of the way, and finishing the pies today while I can taste the middle, and so far the pumpkin pie is great, about to go make my chocolate peanut butter pie and that is going to be hard not to eat it allll while cooking it but I can do it. And these are of course low carb and sugar free :smile:
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,798 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories under
    Exercise- walking and weights
    Water over
    Steps 17395
This discussion has been closed.