MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

NOVEMBER STEP CHALLENGE![/b] Make sure to post your steps for this week so I can give a shout out to the weekly winner. You can check out the spreadsheet to see if you are missing any days. :)Slimpossible Spreadsheet

@hinemoa2088, great weight loss this week!! B)

@raleighgirl09, I don't have any advice on how to workout outside. I hate the heat and the cold which is why I have a climate-controlled room in my house! :D But you will figure it out and get back in gear. :wink:

@its_cleo, good going on getting back to your runs! I think 45 minutes of walking/running is fantastic. And maybe you didn't need that cake but at least you portioned it and tracked it! :)

@kres567, girl consistency is my nemesis to weight loss! :# But the way we fight it is to NOT give up. We are in together! <3

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Katmary71 and @TeresaW1020 ! Sorry I haven't been posting much. Just busy days.

@TeresaW1020 those workouts sound great! I think if your legs are sore, doing a walk on the treadmill is great. It's active recovery.

STEPS NOV 16 - 6971

Gym challenge- went in today and did my 30 mins for the contest. I did some of upper body exercises. Some rows, reverse fly. kneeling overhead shoulderpress- kneeling makes it harder and adds a core component, bc you have to work harder to keep your body steady while you push the weight up. I also do one arm at a time.

Cals- on track, though I'm hungry tonight!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,612 Member
    Options
    4965 steps

@AustinRuadhain thanks for the constant encouragement! I am really pleased with this weeks weigh in. I have been listening to a podcast regarding maintenance (not that I am ready to maintain) but learned that I needed to learn how to maintain my current weight before trying to eat at a deficit simply because if I do not learn to maintain then what will happen when I reach my magic weight goal. I will gain it back like all the times before. This week I have been working on finding the sweet spot of maintenance. I am feeling really good with where I am at in this journey!

Would you be willing to share the podcast? I'm glad you're doing well with where you're at!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Couldn't post awhile ago so I'm trying again.
    Calories under
    Exercise- recumbent bike
    Water- over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- done
    2. 30 min exercise done
    3. Decluttering- so-so
    4. Social media- attempting check in, ok otherwise
    5. Trigger foods- good.

I'm going to a Spartan race tomorrow but not to compete, to watch my nephews. Last time I was wishing I was competing until at the start they had to climb a big wall and I knew I couldn't get over it! I wish I was in Spartan shape! Food will be a challenge, I usually get some protein bars for all day events but didn't so food's up in the air, I just have apples. Will stick with no sweets.
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    11/16 steps: 24,140
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    xn5hciuvitex.png

GOOD MORNING AND WELCOME TO THE START OF WEEK 3 ....
    THE SHRINKING ASSET HAVE POSTED THE WEEK 3 GROUP CHALLENGE AND HERE IS THE LINK TO THAT CHALLENGE .....https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10772599/week-3-eat-the-rainbow-a-photo-challenge#latest...
    LET'S ALL SUPPORT THIS TEAM AND THEIR CHALLENGE.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAMS .. AND WELCOME TO WEEK 3
    TEAM TALLIES ARE IN FOR WEEK 2
    AND HERE IS HOW STACKED UP

GOOD MORNING2tbac3itj4eu.pngTEAMS
    WEEK 2 TALLIES ARE IN AND HERE IS HOW IT SHOOK OUT

jxj73xy2p77a.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 0.52%
    INDIVIDUAL % CharlesScott78 4.02%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 23.3
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST CharlesScott78 16.2

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 43.7 POUNDS OR 0.18% !!

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.52%
    2nd WaistAways 0.33%
    3rd Workout Warriors 0.28%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST

1st Shrinking Assets 23.3
    2nd Workout Warriors 13.2
    3rd WaistAways 12.7

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @CharlesScott78 4.02%
    2nd @SLIMN2016 2.42%
    3rd @kirsten11872 2.41%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST

1st @CharlesScott78 16.2
    2nd @kirsten11872 4.2
    3rd @SLIMN2016 4.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@reflectionofme
    @Luciicul
    @matthewsfive
    @Jactop
    @Katmary71
    @kmargut
    @eyezbydiana
    @walkerjulian78
    @Krystalkayefisher
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Steps 5021
    11/17
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 202.1
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Under
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Macros: Within range
    Steps : 5020
    Exercise: fitcoach muscle focus

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    4965 steps

@AustinRuadhain thanks for the constant encouragement! I am really pleased with this weeks weigh in. I have been listening to a podcast regarding maintenance (not that I am ready to maintain) but learned that I needed to learn how to maintain my current weight before trying to eat at a deficit simply because if I do not learn to maintain then what will happen when I reach my magic weight goal. I will gain it back like all the times before. This week I have been working on finding the sweet spot of maintenance. I am feeling really good with where I am at in this journey!

Would you be willing to share the podcast? I'm glad you're doing well with where you're at!

Sure. It is the Half Size Me podcast with Heather Robertson.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @Katmary71 I hear you about the Spartan races. I wish I could do those too. Or here we also have Tough Mudders, which are like obstacle course races. I would love it if I could ever do something like that.

Name- itscleo
    Weigh in Day- Sunday
    Weigh in week- ? I've lost track.
    Last w: 158.6
    This w: 155.8.

Finally! I have been exercising and keeping cals down so I guess that is the formula. Today I'm going to try to find some new running shoes + some winter running shoes, bc I'm going to try to keep running here in the winter. We'll see how long I make it!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Nov 2019
    Sunday
    PW 166 (75.2 kg)
    CW 164 (74.4kg)

Been yoyoing between these weights. This week i ate less chocolate but i didn't eat it mindfully.
    My plan this week is to stop eating bread. I aim specifically as i eat toast at breakfast and sandwich at lunch. It's a lot of calories for something eaten for convenience than enjoyment. I'll try the ryvita crackerbread - which has the bite which I enjoy. Wish me luck.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @Apple852hk - Good luck! It will interesting to see if that switch (from bread to the ryvita crackerbread) helps! I hope so! 🀞🏽 Either way, great job continuing to experiment and to look for what works for you! πŸ•΅οΈπŸ˜Š

@mrmcgrath - Great Saturday! Great job! ❗ πŸ‘πŸ½
    The Half Size Me podcast sounds interesting. I'll check it out!
    As far as the encouragement -- you are most welcome. You are pretty great about that, too! You have such a great attitude and share great stories and ideas. πŸ‘
    As far as maintenance, it sounds like you are doing all the right things. 🌱

Related thought -- When I hit my goal weight, I was so glad I had made gradual changes -- so the only tweak has been how much of my workable, healthy, tasty diet to eat -- just a bit more.

@its_cleo - 🌟 Brilliant weigh-in! SO happy for you! Hurray for continuing to work at it, for making adjustments, and for watching to see what works for you! ❗
    And by the way -- your posts about your gym challenge are SO inspiring! Great work! πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ”₯

@Jactop and @Katmary71 - Congratulations on being on the Week 3 leader board! β˜οΈπŸ†

@hinemoa2088 - 🌟 Brilliant weigh-in this week! Congratulations! πŸ₯³
    Wow! Excellent day for steps on Saturday! πŸ‘£πŸ‘πŸ½

@KatMary71 - I hope your day supporting your nephew at the Spartan event is as much fun as it sounds like it will be! Apples sounds like a great plan! (Speaking as someone who just topped off lunch with a very filling, tasty apple!) 🍎🍎

@raleighgirl09 - Super awesome that you logged all your calories on an over day! Staying grounded with the facts/data has such a big payoff. AND I'll bet you are back on plan, or will be soon! It's note that any of us never goes over -- we just have to have the average come out right! πŸ‘πŸ½

Okay, I had tons of fun catching up and now have to run to a Scouts meeting! The kiddo has four events today, and is on number two! My personal victories today include having all the Scouts clothes clean and pressed, making but not eating gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies for a reception this afternoon (after consideration, not worth the calories for me, but needed to help provide the spread). Off to the next thing, and then to come home and make sure things are set up for a garage band practice at our house! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain thanks. It's fun at the gym, there's a big board with all participants, and everyday you go in you put a sticker by your name. They have a bunch of fun stickers. Stars, smilie faces, racecars, different animals. Sounds like you have a busy schedule.

Today gym- went in and did core routine, I do a lot with the stability ball. Planks on stability ball, back extension, leg lift, some other stuff.

I also went and did my stair/hill climbing. This is outside- stairs are 100 steps 3x, big hill 3x.

Unfortunately I fell on some ice and think I sprained a finger. The rest of me is ok some bruises nothing serious. but my finger is purple lol I think I jammed it into a stair- i slipped on ice set of stairs. So i jammed it into a stair going down. Ironic thing is i was literally at a shoe store today trying to buy shoes for ice but they didnt have my size.

cals on track today.
  • its_cleo
    Options
    I forgot steps nov 17 --12737
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    4965 steps

Sure. It is the Half Size Me podcast with Heather Robertson.

Just downloaded - always happy to get these recommendations. Thanks for sharing! And great job on your journey @mrmcgrath!
    its_cleo wrote: Β»
    @Katmary71 I hear you about the Spartan races. I wish I could do those too. Or here we also have Tough Mudders, which are like obstacle course races. I would love it if I could ever do something like that.

Name- itscleo
    Weigh in Day- Sunday
    Weigh in week- ? I've lost track.
    Last w: 158.6
    This w: 155.8.

Finally! I have been exercising and keeping cals down so I guess that is the formula. Today I'm going to try to find some new running shoes + some winter running shoes, bc I'm going to try to keep running here in the winter. We'll see how long I make it!

Nice loss!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Steps this week:

November 11 - 4588
    Nov 12- 9129
    Nov 13- 7505
    Nov 14- 4612
    Nov 15- 8962
    Nov 16- 6312
    Nov 17 - 10351

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Workout in the morning
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Log everything
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    11/17 steps: 16,500
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @hinemoa2088 wow, those steps!

@mrmcgrath thank you! I've read good things about that podcast on the forums and keep forgetting to check it out, I will now!

@its_cleo Tough mudders are supposed to be even harder! I can't run because of nerve damage in my leg but it's hard not to get fired up after watching today, it's my second time going to one this year. Ya know, we should both sign up for one around 6 months away and cheer each other on! Then we'd have enough time to get in shape for them. Great weight loss! Your gym sounds like a lot of fun. Ouch, I hope your finger heals quickly!

@apple852hk great loss, keep up the positive changes!

@AustinRuadhain how did the scout events go? Boy, snickerdoodles would be tough to resist, I love all the "fall" spices and would be struggling!

@Kres567 how is the water drinking going?

Thank you all for the congratulations on the weigh-in board, I'm not trying to lose weight anymore but stay within 5lbs and start adding calories back. I'm bouncing in a higher range than I'd prefer while upping calories so I'm kind of stumbling around maintaining now. Should I still do weekly weigh-ins?

• Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- way over
    Exercise- walking
    Water-over

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    2. Exercise 30 min a day- did a lot of walking but not "let's burn serious calories" exercise.
    3. Decluttering- none
    4. Social media- checking in, good
    5. Trigger foods- well I've counted this as no sweets or sugar and didn't realize until 3 hours later that I put sugar in my coffee away from home. Not horrible but I was bummed as it's my first time breaking it in over a month. I was also trying no dairy this week which is just not having Greek yogurt or yogurt-based dressing so I wasn't thinking and used half-and-half, stupid coffee habit! I spaced it and had vegetarian pizza for dinner too. On a better note, I dealt with chocolate chip cookie dough scooping and resisted fresh baked cookies. I have an awful headache and haven't had "white" or simple carbs since September and don't feel very well, my body isn't happy.

I'm up super-late from listening to YouTube lectures, last ones were Doug Lisle. Interesting psychologist to listen to, though I don't agree with everything. I really enjoyed watching him though, I'm more of a reader than a listener and he kept me watching for 2 hours. Spartan was a blast, all it would take at this point is hearing my nephews are old enough to be left alone or someone else was willing to watch them and I'd give it a go!
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend overall, but a bit of a disaster health and weight loss-wise.
    Absolutely everyone else in my life has been totally supportive of me going alcohol free, because it messes with my digestive system and bladder which have been an issue since my operation, and then I can't sleep because of the mild but annoying pain, which has knock-on effects for the next day at least.

Heading to the bar on Saturday, I was absolutely desperate to visit the bathroom as soon as I got in, because, you know, bladder, so my husband went to the bar, and he bought me... cider. Great! And then the next drink I got a cider.

The last time this happened, I just didn't drink it. I got myself a diet coke instead. But this time, I said, oh well, it's a Saturday, maybe I don't need to sleep.

But of course, I don't really drink anymore, so I'm not even used to it.

Of course I was in pain. And I ate bad food late at night too.

It's crazy. I'm there with my need to hydrate better and restore my bladder health, hubby has IBS which is triggered by alcohol, and our friend has a kidney disorder and we all want to lose weight, but the pint is so alluring.

I think my husband just wanted the super-relaxed pre-Eric me back for the night. I can't blame him. But things have changed.

Provoked a big heart to heart and we made sure to do something good for ourselves yesterday and went for a woodland walk, though I did feel super tired.

I've also been checking out other plans to help me, but I don't want to end up throwing money away I don't need to, so I've got the NHS's health unlocked plan as an additional aid. I think I'd like to build up to begin running again.

Saturday - red calories, water 6/14, exercise 13864 steps
    Sunday - green zone calories, water 13/14, exercise 9733 steps.
This discussion has been closed.