Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me! (aka a whine thread)

Options

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling @conniewilkins56. My 299 was very slow in coming with a lot of bouncing around near it before it happened. Then I lost it a couple times afterward!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Thanks!...I will hold you to that!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It's been at least 3 weeks since I weighed in. I left it that long because I'd hit a plateau and I wanted to focus on logging, weighing food and exercise. Over that time I've been totally pedantic with everything. Meticulous. I've not gone over calories on one single day. I've weighed and measured everything that's gone in my mouth. I've exercised most days and eaten back some exercise calories but not all.
    And today I weigh 200g more than I did three weeks ago. I'm totally over this.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    maiomaio71 wrote: »
    It's been at least 3 weeks since I weighed in. I left it that long because I'd hit a plateau and I wanted to focus on logging, weighing food and exercise. Over that time I've been totally pedantic with everything. Meticulous. I've not gone over calories on one single day. I've weighed and measured everything that's gone in my mouth. I've exercised most days and eaten back some exercise calories but not all.

I hear you loud and clear!...I am so over playing with 303, 301,302,303 and back to 302 for awhile now...I haven’t started much exercise because I wanted to do the first 50 without it but I guess I will begin...I have also counted and measured everything like I always do...I can’t eat much lighter than I am....good luck!

• DogMom919
    DogMom919 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don’t give up! We’ve got this! I have been experiencing the same “scale drama” for the past 3-4 weeks....but, I know that I have been super dedicated! I also know that I am losing...I am fitting in clothes that I have not fit in years. Unfortunately, I ignored the recommendation for taking measurements so I don’t have any hard data but I PROMISE you that things are working and I just know the scale is going to catch up! If we believe in the process and remember that 4+2-3=3.....no matter how you do the math......it’s the same with CICO.....if we are diligently logging and being consistent it will work!

I ordered a tape measure yesterday and will be using that to keep me motivated when the scale is not kind. I also believe progress photos will help....but, I’m not there yet.....still afraid of the camera....smh.

Although, I don’t post as often as I should I have been motivated so much by maiomaio71 and conniewilkin that I had to pause and respond to both of your posts...PLEASE DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, WE CAN DO THIS!🙌🏾
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    Questions: Are you healthier today than when you started your journey? Why are you healthier, what’s your plan? What will happen if you just stop doing what you are doing? Why do you think you have excess weight? Why do you want to lose the excess weight? What will be different when you lose all the excess weight? What will be the same?

Sometimes answering questions like this can help remind ourselves this is not a “Have To” situation. This is a “Get To” situation. We get to be healthier today through our actions.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @maiomaio71 I agree with @Satisfiedwithbetter. There's more to the equation than just your weight. If you've just increased the amount of exercise you do dramatically, you're likely to see a weight uptick due to water retention. It happened to me just a few weeks ago.

Your weight fluctuates a lot from day to day. Did you eat a particularly big meal yesterday? Or overall more sodium/carbs than you normally do? Those would also cause water retention that would cause the scale readout to be higher. You may have weighed 2 lbs less yesterday, but you wouldn't know it since you haven't been weighing.

Lastly, if eating back your exercise calories isn't working for you, try not doing it. Exercise calories burned might be (or are most likely) overestimated, so you might be doing yourself more harm than good there.

Try not to get too frustrated and soldier on. You've haven't failed.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

Have you changed the batteries in your scale recently? Does your scale have a calibration function?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Best idea I have heard today!
    I am checking my scale battery in the morning!...I knew it wasn’t my fault it isn’t moving down!...it’s the batterys’ fault!...yay!
  • maiomaio71
    Options
    No scale calibration but they're fairly new (about 3 months) and the batteries are new. I don't often eat back 100% of my exercise calories. Sometimes I eat some of them, sometimes not. Depends on my hunger levels. My exercise has changed a bit... less walking, more squash when my knee allows it, and some tennis. Nothing really that significant. Totally flummoxed. I'm going to keep going don't get me wrong. I'm just frustrated and annoyed.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    No scale calibration but they're fairly new (about 3 months) and the batteries are new. I don't often eat back 100% of my exercise calories. Sometimes I eat some of them, sometimes not. Depends on my hunger levels. My exercise has changed a bit... less walking, more squash when my knee allows it, and some tennis. Nothing really that significant. Totally flummoxed. I'm going to keep going don't get me wrong. I'm just frustrated and annoyed.

You are a better person than I!! I can't even get on the scale because of this very reason. I've weighed myself once in three months and that was only because my clothes were noticably baggy and I knew I had lost a bit.

You're awesome, the scale will catch up!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

While it is unlikely going to be the scale then it might be worth stepping on the scale then stepping on it again carrying something that you know weighs enough to get past rounding to the next higher weight (or higher). As I recall your weight has been hovering for close to 2 months, right? That is the majority of time you have owned it.

The chances of this being the issue is slim but you should always make sure the device you think is broken is plugged in. In other words, you should always rule out every possibility while diagnosing a problem.

• tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @maiomaio71 That’s rough... I’m experiencing the same thing, the scale doesn’t seem to move for a long time even with continued high activity. I don’t eat back my calories either. Ugh!!!

I also do that same thing @NovusDies recommended (I use a full shampoo bottle). It makes it increase as expected. It’s usually about the same when I weigh again, but changes a couple tenths, which makes it a little less frustrating. I think I need a new scale :) haha.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I hear all of you!...if I don’t hit my first goal of 50 lbs this week, my scales are going into the garbage!....I am so sick of this back and forth with one or two lbs.....grrrrrr
  • maiomaio71
    Options
    Well done @conniewilkins56!
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Options
    And if you’re anything like the rest of us, you may find it a few more times before you find your next low, and that ok! Constant and never ending improvement doesn’t mean ups and down.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I wish I could see myself as I am and not the shape of the person I perceive in my mind.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel bipolar in regards to my self perception. I go from feeling like a huge cant move around fat *kitten*, to thinking I am in high school and can run a sub 7 minute mile still. I have a hard time with actual reality, I am way better than I was, but still no where near I want to be, and my brain has a hard time processing that. Trying to keep the momentum moving forward, or down, on the evil little devil scale. That's my little whine/rant for today lol.
  • maiomaio71
    Options
    I'm about to go to bed and I'm really hungry. Like stomach grumbling and rumbling hungry. So weird. I'm wondering if I logged something and forgot to eat it (done that many times) but going through my diary I remember eating everything on there. Oh well. Big glass of water and a good sleep will do the trick! Need to look closely tomorrow and see where I can do better. I've been hungry since about lunch time. Anyone else get like this occasionally?