SHRINKING ASSETS - NOVEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hump day - I am attending a Thanksgiving dinner at church this evening. Traditional fixings and everyone brings a dessert to share, so there will be lots of desserts. My goal is moderation with the dinner, one slice of the best looking pie, and one other dessert that calls my name. Will probably be maintenance calories today, or even a bit over, but time with my church family and good food calls for a maintenance day.
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/18 13,765
    11/19 18,221
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving hack...

I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner... but with traveling and doing all the cooking on no sleep - it was seeming a bit much. My daughter saw that Cracker Barrel offers catering

From your oven to table in 2 hours or less • Serves up to 10
    Our Thanksgiving meal is chilled and ready to heat, going from your oven to table in 2 hours or less.
    Comes with:
    •Two Oven-Roasted Turkey Breasts
    •Cornbread Dressing
    •Turkey Gravy
    •Cranberry Relish
    •Choice of 3 Country Sides (each serves 10)
    •Sweet Yeast Rolls
    •Pumpkin Pie & Pecan Pie

All of this is just $125!

After a substitution charge, tax and tip, our meal was $145. IDK about you, but this sounds WAY better than what I was anticipating!!! We are still making a few family favorite sides, but the stress level went from 7 to 2 with one swipe of the AMEX!

If you are running low on time or patience - maybe this will be the trick for you, too!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 that's crazy expensive. I bought 40 lbs of turkey last night for $15. They pretty much cook themselves. I'll cook and save that money lol
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/19
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    There are somethings worth paying for!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    It is just one weigh in @LaurieWrobo and if you know you are doing the right things stick to it and your body will catch up with you at some point.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    LovebyDraug
    Starting on 5/16: 254.2
    PW: 214.2
    11/14/2019 CW: 209.8

Girl, you have kicked into high gear!!!! LOOK AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/20
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »
    @Beka3695 that's crazy expensive. I bought 40 lbs of turkey last night for $15. They pretty much cook themselves. I'll cook and save that money lol

I don’t want to drive 8 hours then start immediately cooking. This is more convenience for me... I can enjoy my family and not be a slave to the kitchen

the kids don't offer to cook for you? or do they not cook well? lol
  • ngk2000
    ngk2000 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/20: 21,692
This discussion has been closed.