LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Those persimmions looks good but I can honestly say I don't think I have ever eaten one, what do they taste like???
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    And I would happily hand them over lol.
    I love vegetable gardening and haven't been able to have one for a couple of years so I got extra excited for how many persimmons we got this year :)
    Plan on letting the kids plant a few pumpkin vines in the front yard this spring. I think that will be super fun for the kids and myself if the bugs don't destroy them (and we get a ton!). Can't have any sort of vine in the backyard b/c our biggest dog is a digger and destroyed watermelons I tried to grow the last time I had a garden lol.

DH keeps saying he wants to redo the raised beds for the gardens, but he's a pretty bad procrastinator so we'll see if that gets done. If not, then probably won't have a garden next year either.
    Would definitely help w/ the diet if I could though. Fresh tomatoes and cucumbers (2 things I usually grow) are AMAZING fresh out the garden.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NOM NOM NOM I love persimmons! Donna, they're kinda hard to describe because they're so sweet but kinda like citrus meets plums but like, buttery? Maybe that's the wrong word but either way, they is GOOD <3

I love fresh food from the gardens, but Mama didn't pass along the green thumb gene. I hate it and suck at it, so there's that LMAO

We had a veggie garden AND an orchard at the aforementioned house that I'm pining over :expressionless::cry:
  • volgirl1322
    They sound amazing.....

I love gardening......
  • LiLee2018
    I'm sorry vol! I didn't see that you had posted before I did!
    When the persimmon is ripe, it's very mushy so it's basically like eating a jam but one that still has the little fruit fibers intact. Sort of like a really good baked sweet potato. How it's all soft but still has those stringy fibers in it keeping it together? Hope that makes sense.
    Flavor is like pure sugar w/ a slight.. I dunno... just a slight persimmon taste. I don't think I could compare that taste to anything else I've ever eaten. It has it's own flavor, but it's mostly just super duper sweet.
  • LiLee2018
    Things are going good here!
    I've been tracking for this keto challenge I've been doing and so far so good. Some days are a little more calories, some days aren't. Kind of all over the place, but overall not too bad I think :)
    So excited for Thanksgiving next week and the weekend after! Eating ALL the leftovers!
    Also eating some marinaded pork my mom gave me. Looks like gochujang marinade. Gochujang is jokingly called Korean ketchup even though it tastes nothing like ketchup. Guess b/c they put it on a lot of stuff lol. Anyway.. it's a hot pepper paste that usually has a lot of sugar in it, so we're saving that for our Thanksgiving weekend cheat. Fix some rice with it too! YUM! I can't wait!

And yep... things are good here though. Need to go to bed a little early tonight I think. Just struggling to wake up in the morning right now for well.. ttotm reasons.

Alrighty.. time to go put up some more Christmas stuff!! :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Cheering you own for your Keto Challenge. Are you doing weekly weigh-in? I love gochujang, we bought a big container. It's totally yum😍 What are you are planning for Thanksgiving?
  • LiLee2018
    jade- Do yall have something sort of like THanksgiving in Australia? Just curious :)

Yep, weekly monday weigh-ins. Kinda wish they picked Fridays instead, but oh well.
    I'm not doing much for it, just tracking and that's it.

I looooove gochujang w/ cucumber slices. Use it as a dip and nomnomnomnom. Used to be one of my fav snacks as a child.

Well DH informed me yesterday that inlaws want to do Thanksgiving at our house. This will be their first thanksgiving without DH's grandfather so they're grieving a bit and just aren't up to doing it at their place.
    I don't really mind though. We've had it at our house before. Crowded but doable :)
    There's nothing like guests coming over to ignite that flame under your butt to finish the cleaning though lol.

I'll be cooking the turkey I guess. I was already planning on fixing a turkey, but just for us b/c I'm GREEDY!! rofl
    But I suppose I can share too.
    I'll probably fix a few desserts as well but everyone else will bring everything else. I love MiL's stuffing so I'll be looking forward to that!
    I don't plan on being low carb from Thanksgiving til Sunday. Plan on eating ALL the leftovers plus some, then getting back to keto monday :) Holy crap I'm going to set a world record for how much weight can be gained in 4 days! ;)

Oh AND last night, DH informed me that his church is having a Thanksgiving get together this Friday and of course he volunteered me to make some stuff for it....... thanks a lot DH :\ He's lucky he's cute!
    Making
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25642/white-chocolate-raspberry-cheesecake/ again
    This chocolate pudding pie that I THINK I may have made before, but if not oh well b/c I'm making it now.
    And cook's country pumpkin-praline pie (you can look up recipes on google. You have to pay for it if you go to the actual cook's country website, but other websites list the recipe for free)

I guess it's a good thing dessert recipes don't really need to be tasted to make sure they're ok... or else I'd be SCREWED today lol
  • LiLee2018
    Alright.... I'm not very good at food photos, but here are some anyway! lol Wish I could get the pretty slice of pie photo but oh well.
    2 pies down and the cheesecake to go (after I get my daughter from school)
    It smells so good in here /cry
    1x1sqix07ytm.jpg
    8015zmz51ou7.jpg

• volgirl1322
    Omg totally drooling over the pies....totally....so awesome
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty... cheesecake is done. I hate doing the double boiler thing to melt chocolate, but it's worth it in the end.
    I think the recipe calls for you to make the raspberry jam yourself but pfft. I just buy seedless jam. Much easier. Just heat it up a little in the microwave to loosen it up some so you can swirl it a little better. I guess I could like decorate the top more but I like the way it looks as is :)
    gz1x3p16m2g1.jpg
    No idea how anything came out, but hopefully they all turned out well and will be enjoyed tomorrow. I guess I could go, but uuugh I really don't want to. They always have their food things in a too small room that's connected to their kitchen and I hate it. Not that anyone is mean or anything, I just don't like feeling like I can't move around freely if I wanted.
    Anyway, enough about my 40yo anxiety problems here lol

I did taste a little bit of all 3 of them. Just the teeniest of tastes when I was cleaning up everything.
    Everything seems to have come out pretty good :)
    UGH But I'll have to buy a new large springform pan again. I bought a 3 pack from walmart not too long ago. Had 3 different sizes. Used the big one once... ONCE and it's already leaking b/c it's not closing on the little bottom part like it should. Awesome... thanks walmart!! :neutral:

Anyway... I finished off an entire bag of spicy pork rinds, had 2 low carb yogurts w/ some whipped cream and a chicken breast and wing. And 1 coffee.
    Not an omad day at all lol
    It was mostly OMAD though. It was just the coffee and pork rinds once I got home from the store and finished the first 2 pies. Everything else was dinner along w/ the rest of the pork rinds after.
  • LiLee2018
    Oh and I had some lily's milk chocolate chips. Saw them at walmart and grabbed a bag.
  • jadepearl
    During Dec, we celebrate Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year Eve and New Day of course :) From my understanding, Thanksgiving is celebrating the harvest and other blessings of the past year. As OZ is down in the Southern Hemisphere, our harvesting time is 6 months away. During that time, we will be celebrating Easter and ANZAC Day. OMG, drooling here....those pies looks yummylicious :yum:
  • volgirl1322
    OMG your pies look amazing....

I got some of those pans last year at walmart too and mine did the same thing ---so frustrating!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Welp, this morning sucked for DH
    Went out to go to work and one of his tires was completely flat.
    Big chunk of glass stuck in the tire. Some a-hole shattered a bottle or something glass on the road in our neighborhood. I saw it when I was coming home from picking daughter up, but guess I got lucky and didn't run over any of the bad parts. DH... well...

Now to just wait for something else to break b/c bad crap always seems to come in groups.

Gonna be paranoid about the tires on my van now.

jade- Thanks for the info! :)

vol- Yeah I'm gonna have to get my next one from somewhere else. Target or maybe even Bed Bath. Anywhere BUT walmart

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I love cheesecake and that looks delicious!!!

Sorry about the flat tire, that really sucks!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG those pies look amazinggggggggggggg :love:
  • jadepearl
    OMG, that cheese cake is to die for 🧀🎂 Hope your tire is fixed and no more bad stuff👍
  • LiLee2018
    Welp.... friday night was off the keto wagon and so was yesterday. DH didn't end up going to the church thing so we had everything I made at home..... hell yeah I'm gonna eat some of it! lol

And DH had to get all 4 of his tires replaced. Or well.. not HAD to but they found glass in all of his tires. Nothing huge, but the price difference for just one tire vs just getting them all replaced wasn't that much more so he got them all replaced. Just building up more debt. We're already having to put building our back porch on hold another year. Eventually we'll get it I guess. Eventually....

Anywho... so yeah. I can tell that I'm bloated up some from the cheating, but meh. I'm not worried about it. Looking forward to all the holidays and really looking forward to making some scale goals next year :) I'm SO ready to get this weight loss going again!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Oh wow! So interested to see your fruit from the persimmon tree. What a beautiful colour too.