~The Fireplace~

Options

Replies

• bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    So far, it's been good... but oh, the lines! Not as bad as your 8 hour lines in universal but just as frustrating!

Fingers crossed for shorter lines!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    So far, it's been good... but oh, the lines! Not as bad as your 8 hour lines in universal but just as frustrating!

I never go to amusement parks during the holidays or weekends. What a nightmare... :p
  • Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I've found that the best day during the holidays to go to an amusement park is the evening before thanksgiving because most people are traveling or preparing for it. Our tradition was to go to the Zoolights at the Columbus zoo that day when we lived close to it and there were never any crowds.
  • anneshields001
    anneshields001 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hi snakes!

I’m a new housemate, just came from the ghosties!

I’m glad to be back, I’m a Hogwarts regular but took the summer off. I live in Rochester NY where the weather is gray and cold this time of year - and wet, it’s wet. And today, let’s add windy just to round it out nicely.

I have two sons (23 and 22 neither of whom will be here for Thanksgiving BUT they will be home for Christmas. YAY!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Anne
  • bdbchick
    Options
    I've found that the best day during the holidays to go to an amusement park is the evening before thanksgiving because most people are traveling or preparing for it. Our tradition was to go to the Zoolights at the Columbus zoo that day when we lived close to it and there were never any crowds.

That sounds like a really good idea!

Also I'd like to note that the 8 hour line thing that Star mentioned was when the new Hagrid ride in Island of Adventure opened. I went opening weekend thinking I'd be able to get on it. Nope. I enjoyed everything else however.
  • SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Snakes!!
    aatd7o3rk7yl.png
  • bdbchick
    Options
    s2v4fdjfsbmi.jpg
  • SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Anyone finished with their Christmas shopping? I feel I have a good start on it this year but still quite a ways to go. Hubby is totally a wait until the last second person and I am the buy ahead and forget what I bought kind of person. Lol
  • bdbchick
    Options
    Anyone finished with their Christmas shopping? I feel I have a good start on it this year but still quite a ways to go. Hubby is totally a wait until the last second person and I am the buy ahead and forget what I bought kind of person. Lol

I haven't even started! I'm focused on the con I'm going to in 2 weeks and haven't even thought of Christmas shopping.
  • anneshields001
    anneshields001 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm typically a shop the week before sort of person but today I did some amazon prime
    shopping and geez -- that was easy!
  • jenilla1
    Options

Wait, we already STARTED? I'm doomed.🤦‍♀️
  • jenilla1
    Options
    This is the worst week ever for a quidditch match. Gym was closed 2 days this week and it was pouring rain the whole time so I couldn't run or bike outside. I'm not gonna get full points this time unless a miracle happens. Sorry team...
  • bdbchick
    Options
    Is anyone making something for their Secret Santa?

@jenilla1 do the best you can :) its a short term so there is only the 1 quidditch match.
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,915 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with Christmas shopping. Just need to get a few more things for my husband and daughter, but everyone else in our extended family is finished.

Saw a small loss, which pleased me considering I'm on that time of the month and ate all the things on Thanksgiving. But, I agree, this was a terrible week to start quidditch! :D
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,681 Member
    Options

@Sarahanaruk I got my first gift on Amazon from black Friday! And I must say, it was a pretty decent deal. Other then that, I have no idea what to get for everyone!

My husband keeps asking me what I want and I have no ideaeven what I want!

• starjam25
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

I never go to amusement parks during the holidays or weekends. What a nightmare... :p

@jenilla1 boy, you got that right!! Unfortunately that's when the kids are out of school... It was so much better when the kids were home-schooled.
  • starjam25
    Options
    Hi snakes!

I’m a new housemate, just came from the ghosties!

I’m glad to be back, I’m a Hogwarts regular but took the summer off. I live in Rochester NY where the weather is gray and cold this time of year - and wet, it’s wet. And today, let’s add windy just to round it out nicely.

I have two sons (23 and 22 neither of whom will be here for Thanksgiving BUT they will be home for Christmas. YAY!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Anne

@anneshields001 welcome to our common room! Great to have you. Goodness, I live in California, and I don't think I could handle that New York weather!! You must have to wear huge parkas every time you go outside!

So glad your boys will be home for Christmas! Do they live close?

• starjam25
    Options
    rbratt06 wrote: »
    I'm almost done with Christmas shopping. Just need to get a few more things for my husband and daughter, but everyone else in our extended family is finished.

Saw a small loss, which pleased me considering I'm on that time of the month and ate all the things on Thanksgiving. But, I agree, this was a terrible week to start quidditch! :D

@rbratt06 look at you go!! I envy people that are so organized that they get it done early! I've tried but somehow it just never seems to happen.

It's been so cold and miserable everywhere, it's been really hard to get outside and move, so I have to agree with you, it's been a rough time for quidditch!
  • starjam25
    Options
    @chdspdmom I was just adding the points for the RofR and see you watch 9-1-1. I really enjoy that show! We have Hulu and I have a few episodes to watch. Can't wait to see what happens to Buck..... Is he still in or not???
  • starjam25
    Options
    and for you @anneshields001 yep I read it!!! I've got my pie in the refrigerator waiting for me!!