Jp's omad journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm 5' 1" and when I was 122 pounds I loved the number on the scale but I was way too skinny and even my husband thought so. I definitely see a difference in the before and after pics and I think you look just right!!! Try not to be so hard on yourself <3
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Getting close to your goal now ! 😉
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you ❤️ Not easy to explain to others who do not have a family like mine. I guess it's an Asian thing😞 Am not very good with weights but have added it into my workout routine ☺️💪
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you ❤️ Just around 3kg more and everything will be fine👍
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you ❤️ Actually, Mom, my Aunties and my cousins notice it more and will point it out to me😢
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you ❤️ It's hard as I was always around 44-45 kg when I was a teen till I gave birth to DS. From then onwards, I gained and gained. So, I guess to my family and relatives, they compare that 44-45kg to everything. Having cousins who are all married, with kids and still 44-45kg don't help me either. Oh well, I will get to 50kg and then decide. That's the number my Doctor mentioned.
  • jadepearl
    @Abm4n - Thank you❤️ Hope this plateau will overcome soon😞
  • jadepearl
    edited December 2019
    Y2W21
    SW:67KG
    CW:53.1KG
    GW:50KG

Good morning OMADers ❤️
    It's actually 2.25am and I just can't sleep. Apologies for being MIA...long story short, had a huge argument with Mom as she feels that I am always overweight and it's embarrassing for her. She kept asking me to start eating the diet pills which my cousins are taking. As I was feeling sick and to top it off, I had an asthma attack before she visited , while trying to control myself from shouting at her, I blacked out. I hit the floor and gave a huge shock to my whole family. Oh well, everything is fine now and Mom has been staying away from me. DH had a long talk with her according to my kids. I was called a sook by my Aunties and cousins... Oh well... I really don't care right now.

My weigh-in was at the hospital as my Doctor wanted to do a head to toe check-up and scans. And, no.. am not pregnant either, thank goodness.

Didn't not exercise or OMAD at all. DH is like a protective hawk and my 2 kids kept telling Mom that I am fine but I need to rest. Oh well...what drama before Christmas 🙄🙄🙄

Thankfully we have made plans to get away from the whole gang this Christmas. DH has booked an apartment in QLD as kids wanted to go there for ages.

Hope everyone is doing well❤️

Will try to sleep now... hopefully I will be in dreamland in no time😴😴😴

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    UGH That's scary. I'm so sorry any of that happened to you. That's awful that your mom is trying to force you to take diet pills.
    Heck no! You keep doing your own thing and being healthy.
    Guessing 'sook' isn't exactly a good name to be called?
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 A lot of people kept telling me that I am an adult and I should stand up for myself. However, Mom is Asian and its a whole different ball game, you know. Not many people can understand that but...oh well! After this episode, I guess Mom will stop but one will never know. Over here, sook is an Aussie slang. It means "a crybaby, a complainer, a whinger; a shy or timid person, a wimp or a coward".
  • jadepearl
    Y2W21
    SW:67KG
    CW:53.1KG
    GW:50KG

Good evening OMAD-ers 😘

Bad news first... Doc called and said that the lump in my throat (I have thyroid) might be cancerous. He talked about the yhyroid nodules. At this stage, they will do more tests and monitor me. That's why I fainted, he said. So far, I have no problems in swallowing or breathing. Told DH about it and we agreed not to tell the kids. Let's hope for the best. 🙏🙏🙏

As for my weight, I am not doing too much currently as I want to enjoy my vacation with my family. I will try my best to OMAD but if I can't, I ain't going to be too worried about it. Currently, I am hoverin around 53kg-54kg (roughly 116-119 lbs)

Busy preparing for Christmas🎅🎄 Lots of goodies to bake. What are you guys doing for this Christmas? Each year, I will bake a Christmas Thank You cake for my kids' teachers and Christmas cupcakes for their last day of school as they have Kris Kringle and a small party in their class. Do you have these little Christmas parties in your classes too?

On the OMAD front, I OMAD at 2pm today. I had 1/2 plate of Vegetarian Mee Goreng, 3 pieces of battered Chicken Chicken dipped in Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce and 5 tbsp of Chocolate Ice Cream. The total calories 1004. I still try to push myself to exercise as I did ask the Doctor if I can still zumba and he said that it will help my thyroid as TSH levels decreased, and T3 and T4 increased in regular exercise. So, all good. 👍

Have a wonderful evening, you guys❤️
  • jadepearl
    edited December 2019
    Here's a photo which a sweet child took at the hospital cafe where we were doing our tests. She is so good with her apps. She even Bluetooth it to me😉

4sk472i8qt1w.jpg
  • jadepearl
    This girl whom I met loves taking photos but her Mom doesn't allow her to post her photos with her face on the WWW. So, she has an app that has animal heads. I was playing the model for her as we were waiting to take our tests. She has cancer too and she loves to posts her updates on her FB so that her Grandparents, Aunties and Uncles have the latest updates on her health. We have became friends❤️ She is one strong 8 year old, I tell ya. I really hope she will get well soon❤️
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Sorry to hear your results. I hope the further tests don't show any cancer. Praying all will be well.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hoping you get well also!!! Praying for you to have good test results.

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    UGH I'm sorry about your thyroid. Hopefully it's not cancer.

Daughter is having a party before Xmas break. Will be baking a ton of sugar cookies for all of her teachers and staff at the school. Didn't bake nearly enough last year. Will be making sure to make a ton of them this year and weigh daughter down with them to take to school lol.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Crossing my fingers and sending good vibes for no cancer <3

BTW you look teeny tiny in that picture! (I assume it's you? LOL)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2019
    Praying for you to not have cancer <3<3<3

I will probably be making peanutbutter balls for family, yum!!!
  • jadepearl
    @LadyBlanks, @volgirl1322 , @LiLee2018, @mistymeadows2005 & @Brendalea69 - Thank you, guys <3 So far, the Doctor said that they will continue to monitor me. However, if I continue fainting, can't breathe, can't swallow, etc, I will have to call them and they will do another scan. At this moment, I am still A-OK. That's good news as we have booked our hotel room in QLD.
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Love, love, love sugar cookies <3 Can't wait to see you baked goods :)