TRIMSTONES DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• lakcandoit
    lakcandoit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jessica. What is PW and CW? I found the spreadsheet but am not able to enter my starting weight. Does someone enter it for us? Regarding steps: may I enter steps once a week (when I enter weight?) or must it be done daily?

I joined the group because I have found it helps motivate me to have some accountability for both weight and exercise. I hope to become more mindful of eating and increase exercise.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/29 4,444
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    lakcandoit wrote: »
    Thanks Jessica. What is PW and CW? I found the spreadsheet but am not able to enter my starting weight. Does someone enter it for us? Regarding steps: may I enter steps once a week (when I enter weight?) or must it be done daily?

I joined the group because I have found it helps motivate me to have some accountability for both weight and exercise. I hope to become more mindful of eating and increase exercise.

Pw=previous weight
    Cw=current weight

The spreadsheet is just for viewing. Only captains can post to it do you simply post your weight on the chosen date and we will adjust the spreadsheet...same with steps if you’re a walker...
    Jessica
  • lakcandoit
    lakcandoit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    weight 226.5
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    lakcandoit wrote: »
    weight 226.5

Hey there...great practice run, but January stats begins on Sunday, Jan 5th and your posting day is Monday so you'll begin posting on Jan 6th and every Monday following!

Format is:

Username
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW (previous weight): ---.-
    CW (current weight): ---.-

Hope this helps!! Would you like me to switch your starting weight to 226.5 or leave at what you originally reported until your post on the 6th?

Jessica :smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,105 Member
    Options
    Hello Trimstones!!

I'm just dropping by to tell you about two full F2F group challenges we are going to do in January that will start the year on track. The Captains and Moderators have been plotting, and we hope these will get everyone going. More details will be coming along later this week, but here's a preview:

We're going to Make January GREEN. Now, I live in Quebec and I love winter and snow better than anything. But everyone wants more GREEN in our spreadsheets. Every time your weight is entered, the number turns GREEN if you lose (even 0.1 pound), and RED if you gain. Let's aim to have no red in January. We're hoping that EVERYONE will lose 1 pound per week. If you have less than 10 pounds to go, then .5 pounds per week. If you are on maintenance, then stay there. There will be no RED! None! We will have a lot of laughs with this, but still try really hard to keep each other in the green, ok?

The second thing will be a habit tracker. There will be a really simple spreadsheet that anyone can sign up to use. I'll put the names in and then share it. You'll enter up to 5 habits you want to stick to every single day. You will then go in and check off if you did it each day. We'll see how many green check marks we can rack up in a week. Teams will be competing! But the most important is for you to see your own beautiful string of green check marks. More green. I think we're obsessed...

Enjoy getting revved up this week, because the real accountability will begin soon!
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Okay, for Christmas it rained, which is just wrong for Minnesota. For all the different Christmas parties it rained. It's been raining the last 2 days, and today it decided to dump 5 inches of snow on top so the roads are all slushy with ice underneath. And now its doing freezing rain things. Is plain old snow so much to ask for?
    Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Off to shovel (chip ice off) the sidewalk.

Steps:
    12/29 = 5,453
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know I'm on holiday in Kenya from 2nd to 10th Jan so will only have intermittent internet access. I've timed my weigh-in day for a stop in Nairobi though, so I should be able to post my weight at least.
    Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to do the habit tracker though if that requires daily check-in.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    Just wanted to let you know I'm on holiday in Kenya from 2nd to 10th Jan so will only have intermittent internet access. I've timed my weigh-in day for a stop in Nairobi though, so I should be able to post my weight at least.
    Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to do the habit tracker though if that requires daily check-in.

Emma, if you ever have a time like this where you'll be out of town, you can always IM one of the Captains and we'll record for you or mark you as an excused absence. Also, the habit tracker is for personal use/recording. I don't believe it will count against you if you miss a few days. It was just provided as a tool for those who might find it helpful. And it will bring out the competitive spirit amongst all of us...so if you can, while you're on holiday, make notes for yourself and you can fill that in when you return!

Remind me @Emmajhare when you return from Nairobi...I have a funny story to share with you! Have a great trip!

Happy New Year!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Tuesday Weigh-in
    PW: 303.7
    CW: 304.0

Hope everyone has an amazing day! :smile: Happy New Year!
    Jessica
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/30 11,811
  • KathynDes
    KathynDes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    KathynDes
    Tuesday Weigh In
    PW 143.3
    CW 143.3
  • KathynDes
    KathynDes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Jinxed myself so wanted to be sub 65Kg’s(143.3) for new year.
    Still happy with the all the loss so far, and I’m really looking forward to 2020.
    🎉 HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. I hope you and all your loved ones (also the unloved ones) have a safe, kind, happy, ripper next year. 🥳💫
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @kmfeig87 Figgy, I need your steps for all of last week please...thanks!

@kcpond Need your week 4 steps as well please...JK
  • SaraMakingChanges
    SaraMakingChanges Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Trimstones! Wishing you all success towards your goals and overall health and well being in 2020! ❤️ 🎇
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Steps

Dec 25 - 8,631
    Dec 26 - 4,285
    Dec 27 - 4,744
    Dec 28 - 6,391
    Dec 29 - 4,723
    Dec 30 - 5,118

@jessicakrall8 - Done
This discussion has been closed.