MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

Options

Replies

• silvermamma6939
    silvermamma6939 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a good first day of 2020🎉⭐️💕 I made a pot of chicken noodle soup with lots of veggies. Helped to curb the cravings to polish off the rest of the Christmas candy😅 love reading what you all wrote. It’ll be fun getting to know each other better as time goes on.
    These are very emotional days for our family ... our daughter and family return to their home in Mozambique on Sunday. Have loved having them near since August. Love hellos, hate goodbyes.
    All for now~
    Good night and sweet dreams to all⭐️💕
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in (#2)

I've been working on my planning and journaling - my thoughts surrounding my relationship with food. Having lost very close to 45 pounds in 2019, since 29Apr2019, I find myself some at a crossroads of knowing what to do and being concerned that I could stop doing those things. I joined the PnP Tribe - just letting you know as there will begin to be some peppering of that lingo, terms and ideals in my posts, probably. I love that this community is a community of all styles and types of weight loss methods to support many different types of journeys. I hope to eventually ditch complete calorie counting in favor of realistic choices and portion control as I suspect that is the key I have been missing for maintenance (this is what my naturally slender sisters do, I have seen it in action). I feel that I can find a happy medium that will be great for me with the ultimate goal of just - maintaining the weight loss. I have between 20 and 30 pounds to lose but I know (at this stage, this is what I have learned, if nothing else) that the real work is beginning now and will take some getting used to for the long haul.

Anyway, I have pared my questions to self down after assessing what I had in terms of what they were doing for me and will take the next couple of weeks with this shorter list. Happy New Year, folks.... =>

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, did some 2 days ago and some yesterday - but changed almost all of it as the day unfolded. Having steak for dinner so did not plan for an after dinner snack
    Times? B 1230p, L 430p, D 7p (yes, late meals all day!)
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger? low hunger day, hungry for all meals
    Things that went right? planning and pre-logging ahead of time, spending journaling time with paper for 2020 goals and my Why reasons for losing weight
    Exercise? 3.36 mile walk by the river [steps logged the next day] (steps 31Dec2019 13,221)
    Sleep? 12a-815a [log the morning after]
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    It's great to see new members and hear the excitement of the new year! I don't know if it's because my allergies are worse today but I'm not feeling excited, didn't work out, but did eat well. I decided to wait to try making black-eyed peas and collard greens til.i get through more of my black bean sweet potato chili. I hope I feel better tomorrow, it's going to be my year anniversary since I started calorie counting. I've gained a lot of mobility, am off diabetes medication, and lost 100lbs total. I should be charged and have every reason to be dedicated and keep moving and made good goals, just don't have the energy behind it. I'm not a big journaler but am going to do it after this in case it helps.

Calories- under
    Exercise- none
    Water- over

I guess no 5 for 90 anymore!
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday

@nbbaby hoping that the start of your new year has been calm and peaceful and goes like that for the rest of the year!!

Well aren't you just a sweetheart, thank you so much. I really appreciate you kind words. I also wish the same for you. 💕
    Sharon

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @silvermamma6939 your soup sounds amazing!

@raleighgirl09 I love listening to her podcast!

@Katmary71 you are doing fantastic! And Wow! 100 lbs and off diabetic meds!!!!

@nbbaby you have such a beautiful smile. It always brings me joy when I am scrolling through and see your profile pic. It reminds me that no matter what I am going through, what kind of day I am having, or even if I am in a flare that there are reasons to keep smiling. I hope 2020 brings you comfort.

01/02
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.6
    Todays Weight 198.2

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: almost in range
    Exercise: yoga

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    2627 steps. 5500 goal steps
    1.13 miles
    1990 burned calories
    0 active
    76 sleep score
    63 resting sleep
    1863 calories consumed

Macros…Carb 47% goal 40%, Fat 29% goal 30%, Protein 24% goal 30%

Basic Goals
    30 active minutes:
    Complete food diary: ✔️
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): ✔️
    Stay below mfp sugar goal:
    Meet fiber in range: ✔️
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. ✔️
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours ✔️
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello, Happy New Year!!
    My 2020 vision is to control what I can and not to worry about what I can't.
    I spend so much time worrying about what will come months or years from now that it effects my daily life. I can't control my kids choices or control peoples poor work ethic at work but what I can control is what I put in my mouth. I can control getting up and working out or not. I can control turning off social media platforms and finishing one of my many books I have started or doing what I love most, reading a book. Not on a phone or tablet. A book made of paper. 2020 is the year I really work on me and reach my goals.
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Kayla7303
    Last week 195.6
    This week 194.8
  • canzone777
    canzone777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My mantra for the week...
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    It's great to see new members and hear the excitement of the new year! I don't know if it's because my allergies are worse today but I'm not feeling excited, didn't work out, but did eat well. I decided to wait to try making black-eyed peas and collard greens til.i get through more of my black bean sweet potato chili. I hope I feel better tomorrow, it's going to be my year anniversary since I started calorie counting. I've gained a lot of mobility, am off diabetes medication, and lost 100lbs total. I should be charged and have every reason to be dedicated and keep moving and made good goals, just don't have the energy behind it. I'm not a big journaler but am going to do it after this in case it helps.

Calories- under
    Exercise- none
    Water- over

I guess no 5 for 90 anymore!

@Katmary71 - I totally get this. Passed the 100 lb mark....so huge and such an accomplishment, and now beginning a new year. I remember this same feeling from many years ago after losing 130 and years had gone by and then I realized I still had a life to live, a daily day to get through and all the minutia and worries and troubles and joys and feathers and bells on the hoops I had to jump through on a regular basis. Yep - I had had a MONUMENTAL change but the only outward change was my appearance and all of life still needed livin' - the good, the bad and the indifferent. I am putting a spotlight on it because it needs one and it's ok to not feel super pumped on 02Jan - it's fine because it means you are living your life as a new you versus a you that always had to pushpushpush. It doesn't mean you aren't happy and loving life minus 100 lbs and diabetes medication. You are probably a bit fatigued by the whole notion of it and coming to an understanding of what I described above. Losing that much is a head game.

Whether you are slowing and wanting to maintain or want to lose more before maintaining, getting used to this stage is the next big critical phase and it may take some time and maybe you (we - me) will always feel some of the weirdness. Time will tell and I am banking on that part of it becoming less significant over time.

The way you feel today is not a fail or an indication of your motivation. It's another day in your (slimmer) life and it is one of many ways to feel on any given day and doesn't mean tomorrow or next week will be the same.
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am (like many others) completely new to this, so hope I get the hang of posting!
    I'm 53 and until I was 50 managed to control my weight by food choices & exercise. Then BOOM put on 15 lbs in about 15 months without changing anything in my lifestyle. Spent the next 18 months increasing exercise/making better eating decisions and maintaining, not losing.
    The time has come to really focus on losing that extra weight, so I am hoping by joining a group will help keep me motivated.
    Starting weight for January is 173.5.
    Good luck everyone!!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Happy Thursday, y'all!

@Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 - Wow! Let's all stop for a moment and be present to this amazing accomplishment by both of you!
    lzgqcpfl1ked.jpg

Okay, that said -- yes, there can be a let-down after you reach such an amazing benchmark.

I just think what @raleighgirl09 says is so SO brilliant!
    Whether you are slowing and wanting to maintain or want to lose more before maintaining, getting used to this stage is the next big critical phase and it may take some time and maybe you (we - me) will always feel some of the weirdness. Time will tell and I am banking on that part of it becoming less significant over time.

The way you feel today is not a fail or an indication of your motivation. It's another day in your (slimmer) life and it is one of many ways to feel on any given day and doesn't mean tomorrow or next week will be the same

I am so much YES to not looking to how you feel today/at this moment as super critical. How I feel depends on so much: am I hungry? did I sleep well? do I need to go for a walk?* am I having a Bad Hormone Day?

* I have decided I am like a puppy. I often just need to go for a walk. :lol:

I can offer something to consider that's true for me. NOTE: This may not be for you. So take it with a grain/pound/kilo of salt. It can be a real letdown when I achieve a goal, because I don't have a new thing to live into. Years ago, I had a really great personal trainer who told me that we are always getting better or getting worse. I found that a really annoying statement at the time, and argued with her about it (in my head). And then, as I watched, I found that it's true for me. (I should go find her and thank her, belatedly!) I do like having goals. And so, I create them -- not from a need to fix anything but because these days, I find I like having games/goals, and it helps me stay on track.

Goal-Related Resource I Liked Today - Three Things That Matter More Than Your New Year's Goals
    Some people here may have checked out the videos and/or book of Susan Pierce Thompson. Her website is called Bright Line Eating. As I was thinking about New Year's goals (still mulling on these), I went to check out her website, and she has a new video/vlog on setting New Year's Goals. There was some gold in this, at least for me. In this video, Thompson talks about "Three Things That Matter More Than Your New Year's Goals." Yeah, she totally had fun with a click-bait-y title, but I really do like her 3 things:
    1 - Creating a New Identity - Deep change requires being a different kind of person. (This is something she says she got from James Clear's book Atomic Habits.
    2 - Commitment to an Effective Process. Also from Atomic Habits. As she notes, commitment to a process is, in and of itself, a new identity.
    3 - Show Up Real. So -- don't hide. Her language on this gets a little fuzzy (for me), but what she is talking about, I think, is (A) being with what's so (did I gain weight this week/month? am I sad/angry/unhappy? am I stuffing my face because I am upset?) and then (B) showing up, talking to your friends and family and people that listen to you as what you are committed to -- people like our awesome fellow Slimpossibles, who listen to us as committed to our health goal.
    "What really matters is commitment to a daily process." So while you look at where you want to get, the bigger question is, what process am I committed to?

@raleighgirl09 - I can offer that I have stayed committed to the process that led me to get to my weight and health goals. I can also add that over time, the new me and my process have become less and less odd and more of "this is how I live." My current favorite example is that most weeks I used to eat a sweet snack during my son's 30-minute drum lesson. I would head to the corner 7 Eleven, buy a danish and/or a Reese's and a Coke. His drum lesson location didn't change when I decided that eating those things wasn't doing my health any good and that it was a habit I wanted to replace (I started shopping for fun podcasts and committed to walking during that little window instead). For a long time afterwards, my brain would ping me when I passed that store (sweets here! remember? want some?). The whisper has gotten quieter over time.

TL;DR What @raleighgirl09 said. Heck, yeah!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Slimpossibles!

We are so delighted you are here! Jump right in and start chatting.
    jn6eu9qwrbgq.gif

@wrknonmedaily
    @silvermamma6939
    @Cornanda
    @Motiv8tedMom
    @canzone777
    @raymeh107
    @gwamajtw91
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I went back to work today after being off since Dec. 22nd and it was a long day! The boss took us out for Mexican for a “working” lunch, so my eating plan wasn’t the best. I did much better with dinner to help balance out the queso that I consumed. ;) I also had to brave Sams Club in the pouring rain for supplies that I needed for work and to top it all off I’m coming down with another cold so I’m not a very happy girl at the moment. :s I'm going to hope that I get a good night sleep and feel better tomorrow. :)

@wrknonmedaily, your vision is great and one we all can use!! I am dealing with some major family drama and worrying about it all isn’t helping anyone, least of all me. We really can only control ourselves and how we handle the stresses in our lives. Yes, to reading real books!! Although, I did just get Audible and for the first time I’m listening to a book and really enjoying it while I’m putting together the jigsaw puzzle that I got for Christmas. :)

@kayla7303, Yayyyy to losing weight this week! B)

@canzone777, LOVE the mantra!! <3 I think it so easy for us to focus on where we aren’t and forget to think about all that we have achieved. I’m taking that graphic and adding it to my collection that I like to look at when I’m in a mood and need a pick-me-up.

@raleighgirl09, @Katmary71, and @AustinRuadhain, you are all such an inspiration and not only because of the amazing weight losses that you have all achieved but because of the transparency that you share with each other and with us all. I get so upset with myself that I can’t reach that 100 lb loss as if it is the magic answer to everything. Like once I hit my goal number I will be done! I actually know better than that. I've been listening to James Clear’s Atomic Habits and learning that it really isn’t about the goal but about the processes that get me to my goals that really matter. I know that being at goal weight won't mean that I can suddenly eat out at my favorite Mexcian restaurant every day for lunch. ;) I'm going to have to have the right processes firmly in place so that I can stay where I want so badly to be. I would love to know more about the processes that you all have learned as you have lost and kept off your weight. Thanks again, ladies! <3 You make this team so much richer and I truly hope that all our new members will join in with their insights as we all journey this life together. :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Your JANUARY chat page has just gone up!

This is always a bit crazy at the end of our challenge month. We open the new one, where you can go and post an introduction, or whatever you want to say at the beginning of the new month. But keep doing your week 5 weigh-ins here, and discussions don't really have to move to the new one until Sunday. We just like to be prepared B)

You can find it in the list (sometimes you have to click on "all discussions" to find it) or just go to
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777943/mission-slimpossible-january-2020-chat#latest
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    @jugar - Thursday is my weigh in day, do I post it here or in the January thread? I *think* January but I try not to assume too much... => Happy New Year~!! =>
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check-in
    Calories: good this week except for New Year's Eve
    Exercise: weights and 45 min walk
    Steps: over my 15 k goal

Daily Habits I'm Tracking
    1. No added sugar✔️
    2. Log food✔️
    3. Weights, Pilates or Stretching✔️
    4. A plank a day ✔️
    5. Only weigh myself once per week✔️ This is the one I'm having the hardest time sticking to. Weighing myself daily or sometimes more tends to sabotage my efforts

• Katmary71
    Options
    @nbbaby I hope this year is better for you and your family! I second @mrmcgrath I love your cheerful picture!

@kayla7303 awesome loss, starting the oyear off right!

@canzone777 great mantra, thinking of it like that is so true!

@raleighgirl09 Huge thank you, I think you're onto something there! I feel a lot how you described. It's a lot easier for me to attack a project which weight loss was to me. I have new goals but need to define them more so they're easier to strive for.

@gwamajtw91 Welcome to the group! You got this! You're on an awesome team if I do say so myself!

@AustinRuadhain thank you for your tips and insight, it means a lot to me! I need to organize my goals into more attainable goals like instead of gaining functional fitness choosing actual goals like planking 5 minutes or lifting 10lbs more per gym lifts. I need to do the same in other areas of my life and think part of it is feeling overwhelmed at what to do next with myself.

@wrknonmedaily loved your comment about books, I'm a bookworm and swore I'd never used a Kindle until I got one for Christmas! I still prefer an actual book but like the Kindle too, definitely beats travelling with a suitcase of books!

@TeresaW1020 Oh no, I hope you feel better soon! I agree that the process is important to focus on. All this great James Clear advice, I'm going to have to buy the book! I'm working on a psychology book now but will check it out next, it sounds like it's just what I need. You're going to hit that 100lb mark!

@Jactop if you like weighing daily would a weighing app help with that? The two I've read the most about are HappyScale and Libra, they'll show how your weight is trending over time so even if it's bouncing around you would know you were on the right track. I did that for awhile then weighed once a week.

• Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- recumbent bike, stretches, core
    Water- great

I feel lost without my 5 for 90! I'll probably start posting goals instead to stay on track. I still haven't touched the 3 pieces of chocolate! Didn't start the day the best but ended it with a real long workout and I'm feeling better. I really need to work out daily for mental health. I have to remember suspense novels are great for pedaling faster and keeping my rear on the bike! Did my stretches and core while watching TV. I've doubled my planks and side planks times in two weeks, yay! Fun to see progress! Tomorrow night I'll be eating out and Saturday is a large family Christmas party so I'm banking calories. I'm making a huge salad for Saturday but it's all day and it's 2 hours away, even loving salad I know there's no way that'll be all I eat in 10 hours! Especially after finding out my mom is making Armenian food!

@AustinRuadhain I think of the 1% better each day all the time, moving toward or away from a goal is another way to look at it. IBreaking habits like what you eat when associating it with someone else reminds me of quitting smoking. It took a long time to stop associating drinking coffee or ending a meal with a cigarette. It takes awhile to break those habits!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight:210.0
    Todays Weight: 210.0 :|
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    UPDATE! F2F's own Habit Tracker

Everyone on any team is welcome to use our habit tracking spreadsheet. The tracking starts on Sunday, but please go in and set up your name and list of habits before then if you can. Here is how it works:
    1. open https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing
    2. go to the bottom, and choose your team from the tabs
    3. put your MFP use name in the column on the left (highlight "name" and type in yours to replace it)
    4. add up to five habits you want to track daily
    5. check the box when you do it!
    It is completely up to you to update your own tracking. Do it every time you finish, daily, weekly - however you want. Just be sure it is complete at the end of every Saturday so we can include this in the weekly winners circle!

Any problems? Message me @jugar or ask here and your Captains can find out!
This discussion has been closed.