TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi...
    I’m interested in food challenge, exercise challenge, and water challenge. Hope to get into steps challenge next month after buying smart watch 😅, I do walk a lot but I didn’t carry my phone while walking at the treadmill or walking around home, so there are non countable steps showing on my phone.
    Will start posting January 5th
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    how does the weigh in day work? Do we each get to pick our own or do we decide group date based on most preferred day?

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @HappyGrape you submitted a weight in the registration on Thursday, so Thursdays will be your weigh-in day.
    zaraizzy56 wrote: »
    @cmhubbard92,
    When do we officially start the challenges? I'm doing the exercise and the water challenges. I saw a workout challenge is that the same as the exercise? but I didn't see a water challenge.I might be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks,
    Karla
    @zaraizzy56 All challenges start Sunday, January 5th. On the first page of this thread I posted the group's challenges. Water goal =64oz/ day, exercise goal=30 minutes continuous three times a week. I will hopefully have the spreadsheet finished this evening and will post it.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    My goals for January:
    1.Plan meals ahead and stick with it.

2. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning before anything else.

3. Strength training or Zumba 2 times a week

4. Get back into the habit of walking my 2 boys (dogs) most days.

I have already meal planned for January Week 1 and 2.

@brandi_84 I like your goals! And we have the same doggy goal 😊
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    With that being said...after really enjoying the festive season, I’m up this week to 210lbs @cmhubbard92 😳
    Christine I’ll add it to the spreadsheet but wanted to post as well for my own accountability
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    With that being said...after really enjoying the festive season, I’m up this week to 210lbs @cmhubbard92 😳
    Christine I’ll add it to the spreadsheet but wanted to post as well for my own accountability

Awww! You'll get rid of it in no time! Don't stress! :)@Coral333
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Happy New year guys!!

Back to work and back at it

CW 182.25 - that's 6.50 up over my 2 week Christmas break; not too bad considering :dizzy:

@cmhubbard92
    I am defo interested in the challenges they really spur me on

My goals for 2020 are

• 171lbs by Jan 31st
    • 165lbs by Feb 28th

CURRENT BODY FAT 28.9%
    • 27% Body Fat by 23rd Feb
    • 26% body Fat by 26th April
    • 25% body fat by 28th June
    • 24% body fat by 30th Aug
  • Zella132
    Zella132 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm happy to be in the group. I had previously built some great lifestyle habits and lost almost to my goal weight. 2019, however, proved to be unexpectedly stressful and I found that my habits were not as set as I had thought. I gained about 30 pounds. But I'm making the necessary changes to deal with the stress, I'm mindfully returning to the previous healthy lifestyle habits and looking forward to 2020.

A goal for 2020: To be the me I want to be.

@cmhubbard92 Challenges
    Username: Zella132
    Step Challenge: Not Interested
    Water Challenge: Not Interested
    Food Challenge: Not Interested
    Exercise Challenge: Interested
  • losingbecks
    losingbecks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Question about body fat. Does anyone have any tips on how to lower it? I am 5ft4 weigh 188lbs bmi 32.5. 43% body fat! Even a couple of years ago when I got down to bmi 24 I was 35% body fat....
  • sarahannsuarez
    sarahannsuarez Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello.... I'm Sarah from WI. I'm not new to MFP... but this is my first time joining communities and challenges... I've been putting my weight/health on the back burner. I've struggled with exercise because I'm a working mom with 3 busy kid schedules... meals b/c my 3 kids are all picky eaters... with one vegetarian, one a meat eater, and one who mostly likes carbs. I'm hoping to use this as a way to get back on track!

@cmhubbard92

Username: @sarahannsuarez
    Step Challenge: Interested if I can find my fitbit... 10,000 to start
    Water Challenge : Interested
    Food Challenge: Interested

• sarahannsuarez
    sarahannsuarez Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92
    This is @sarahannsuarez
    I meant 10,000/day.... so lets go with 65,000 to start!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Question about body fat. Does anyone have any tips on how to lower it? I am 5ft4 weigh 188lbs bmi 32.5. 43% body fat! Even a couple of years ago when I got down to bmi 24 I was 35% body fat....

@losingbecks Have you tried strength training? It should build your muscle and replace the fat.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Jan 2
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    41 min yoga
    Hike 1.92 miles
    Step: 13516
    Water:96 oz
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @losingbecks just a heads up not all body fat scales/calipers are terribly accurate... You could try getting a DEXA scan which would be way more accurate. I recommend checking the fitness threads... if I can remember, there are a few good advice threads, and I will try to post them to the group :)

1. Eat at a deficit, that 100% will decrease your body fat. It may not come off where you want it to, right away, but it will come off!
    2. Strength train. Try finding doing a lifting program, and keeping your protein at a higher intake :) It will be super slow muscle gain(I think the total was .25lb muscle/month or something like that for women, slightly higher for men), but as you drop weight, your BF% will decrease, and you will maintain more muscle.
  • Kathi7501
    Kathi7501 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up, the step challenge is the choose-your-own, the rest are kind of "pre-set" water: 64oz goal, exercise 30min 3 times a week, and food: plan and stick to meal plan 3 days.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. :-) Really looking forward to working with this group.
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    This is my first time doing the Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge and am very excited to be on the TBBT! I am 43, live in Florida with my husband, 2 teenagers (so scary :D ) and our energetic border collie. I do strength training 2 -3 days a week and used to do a few mud/obsticle runs, like the Tough Mudder each year. Now I just stick to regular ole' running. Completed my first 1/2 marathon in Febrary of 2019 and will be doing my second this April. I am generally a pretty fit person, but the weight has been really piling on in my 40's. My current weight is 134, which is high at 5'1. My goal details are below. Looking forward to a productive month!

CW: 134
    January GW: Under 130
    Overall GS: Under 120

@cmhubbard92 Ready to take on some additional challenges, listed below, plus the Mini Challenge.

Username: jmalderman
    Step Challenge: Interested & 70,000
    Water Challenge : Not Interested
    Food Challenge: Not Interested
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Jan3
    1. Log everything yes
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget yes
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. yes, but see bellow comment
    4. Report each day - yes

I have done about 6500 steps only today. I went to long walk before work. I worked from home and had really long day on calls all day. I find not getting lunch break walk outdoors makes me sooo tired in the night and it has been two busy days like this

I really fancy just chilling on the couch to be honest, I feel tired. It's great that I had food plan and ingredients or leftovers ready for me

I am going to use the line - what can I do right now to make myself feel better. Well - I think I can get up from the couch and go for a walk so I can hit my 10 000 steps.

If I stay and don't go for a walk I will fight guilt for the night
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am new here, call me Sam. I live in Germany and have a lot to lose. I Just bought a food scale again and I am looking forward to logging my meals again. One day at a time!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Username:LMK02020

Water Challenge : Interested
    Food Challenge: Interested
    Exercise Challenge: Interested :smile:
    pants are snug and the tights are just that, TIGHT !! I need to actually fit in my swimsuit (not til June, but still )that hasn’t seen the light in years lol. Time to get rid of every excuse in the book and then some 🙂
    It’s a new year !!
This discussion has been closed.