• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    1/3/2020
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,449
    Water: 96.9oz

I will try to respond to posts in the morning :)
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Hello my name is Wendy from California. I just joined this challenge and have not been placed on a team yet but I am looking forward to it! I already am pushing myself to lose 1b a week but I plan to move my weight loss to 1.5 lb a week and then gradually 2 lb a week until I hit my goal. I will work hard for any team that I am placed on.
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    WMEJA wrote: »
    Hello my name is Wendy from California. I just joined this challenge and have not been placed on a team yet but I am looking forward to it! I already am pushing myself to lose 1b a week but I plan to move my weight loss to 1.5 lb a week and then gradually 2 lb a week until I hit my goal. I will work hard for any team that I am placed on.

Welcome Wendy! My name is Maha, this is my second month in this challenge and sure you will have fun while loosing weight. I like your goal that you want to start to lose 1lb a week and then gradually 2lb , so how many pounds you decided to lose for total??
    I have to lose 90lb and hope to shed that weight by the end of 2020🤞
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi MaHa,
    I want to shed 100 lb by the end of 2020 as well. Thanks.
  • Mommyof230
    Mommyof230 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi my name is Kacie. I am looking to lose about 5 pounds this month. If I can do more that is great. I amalso starting a new exercise routine and am looking forward to some lifestyle changes.
  • cmhubbard92
    Hello.... I'm Sarah from WI. I'm not new to MFP... but this is my first time joining communities and challenges... I've been putting my weight/health on the back burner. I've struggled with exercise because I'm a working mom with 3 busy kid schedules... meals b/c my 3 kids are all picky eaters... with one vegetarian, one a meat eater, and one who mostly likes carbs. I'm hoping to use this as a way to get back on track!

@cmhubbard92

Username: @sarahannsuarez
    Step Challenge: Interested if I can find my fitbit... 10,000 to start
    Water Challenge : Interested
    Food Challenge: Interested
    Exercise Challenge: Interested

@sarahannsuarez welcome to TBBT! The best thing about this group is that there is no pressure, we are all working towards the same goals, and are all very supportive of each other! I hope you can find a balance with something that will work for you with this challenge!
  • cmhubbard92
    jmalderman wrote: »
    This is my first time doing the Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge and am very excited to be on the TBBT! I am 43, live in Florida with my husband, 2 teenagers (so scary :D ) and our energetic border collie. I do strength training 2 -3 days a week and used to do a few mud/obsticle runs, like the Tough Mudder each year. Now I just stick to regular ole' running. Completed my first 1/2 marathon in Febrary of 2019 and will be doing my second this April. I am generally a pretty fit person, but the weight has been really piling on in my 40's. My current weight is 134, which is high at 5'1. My goal details are below. Looking forward to a productive month!

CW: 134
    January GW: Under 130
    Overall GS: Under 120

@cmhubbard92 Ready to take on some additional challenges, listed below, plus the Mini Challenge.

Username: jmalderman
    Step Challenge: Interested & 70,000
    Water Challenge : Not Interested
    Food Challenge: Not Interested

@jmalderman welcome to TBBT! I hope this group gives you the motivation you need when it comes to reaching your goal! A half marathon is very impressive to me(actually all of those events you have participated in). I was always a slow runner, and have been trying to get back into it, but just haven't managed to make a schedule that works to get me dedicated once again! One day I hope to complete one of those things!
  • cmhubbard92
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    Jan3
    1. Log everything yes
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget yes
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. yes, but see bellow comment
    4. Report each day - yes

I have done about 6500 steps only today. I went to long walk before work. I worked from home and had really long day on calls all day. I find not getting lunch break walk outdoors makes me sooo tired in the night and it has been two busy days like this

I really fancy just chilling on the couch to be honest, I feel tired. It's great that I had food plan and ingredients or leftovers ready for me

I am going to use the line - what can I do right now to make myself feel better. Well - I think I can get up from the couch and go for a walk so I can hit my 10 000 steps.

If I stay and don't go for a walk I will fight guilt for the night

@HappyGrape great start for the month! I hope you found the motivation to get up and accomplish your goal yesterday!
  • cmhubbard92
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Username:LMK02020

Exercise Challenge: Interested :smile:
    pants are snug and the tights are just that, TIGHT !! I need to actually fit in my swimsuit (not til June, but still )that hasn’t seen the light in years lol. Time to get rid of every excuse in the book and then some 🙂
    It’s a new year !!

@LMK02020 isn't that a good motivator? I am hoping that I need to buy a new swimsuit this year!!! And, as a bonus, to not be embarrassed to wear it without shorts covering my legs! I've added you to the spreadsheet! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    WMEJA wrote: »

@WMEJA welcome to the challenge! I hope you get assigned a team soon, and that this challenge helps you reach your goals for this year!

I would recommend you aim for a higher loss at the beginning and gradually lower it as you get closer to your goal. It will be easier to lose weight at the beginning, not needing to cut too many calories for success! The lower the weight, the less calories you will need, and you don't want to restrict yourself too much at the end. But, that is my personal recommendation... you will find what works for you 😊
  • cmhubbard92
    Mommyof230 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Kacie. I am looking to lose about 5 pounds this month. If I can do more that is great. I amalso starting a new exercise routine and am looking forward to some lifestyle changes.

@Mommyof230 welcome to TBBT Kacie :)
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    jmalderman wrote: »
    This is my first time doing the Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge and am very excited to be on the TBBT! I am 43, live in Florida with my husband, 2 teenagers (so scary :D ) and our energetic border collie. I do strength training 2 -3 days a week and used to do a few mud/obsticle runs, like the Tough Mudder each year. Now I just stick to regular ole' running. Completed my first 1/2 marathon in Febrary of 2019 and will be doing my second this April. I am generally a pretty fit person, but the weight has been really piling on in my 40's. My current weight is 134, which is high at 5'1. My goal details are below. Looking forward to a productive month!

CW: 134
    January GW: Under 130
    Overall GS: Under 120

@cmhubbard92 Ready to take on some additional challenges, listed below, plus the Mini Challenge.

Username: jmalderman
    Step Challenge: Interested & 70,000
    Water Challenge : Not Interested
    Food Challenge: Not Interested

@jmalderman welcome to TBBT! I hope this group gives you the motivation you need when it comes to reaching your goal! A half marathon is very impressive to me(actually all of those events you have participated in). I was always a slow runner, and have been trying to get back into it, but just haven't managed to make a schedule that works to get me dedicated once again! One day I hope to complete one of those things!

@cmhubbard92 what a great encourager you are!!!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    @cmhubbard92 Hi this is Richmondwriter and I am excited to continue for a second month with this team. I would like to participate in the Mini Challenge.

As for my goals, in addition to weight loss, I hope to lower my cholesterol before my next doctor's appointment, which is now just around the corner - Feb. 10th.

My starting weight for Jan. 4, 2020 is 145.

@jmalderman: last year, my daughter and I did a couch to 10K program. This program went a little fast for me, as I was literally starting from the couch and hadn't run in a few years. Ideally, I would have had a few extra weeks, because I was a little behind in the distance when the 10K came up. But I was able to complete the 10K and it felt like a real accomplishment--I hadn't had a feeling like that in awhile.

Here is the program we used:: https://hansons-running.com/pages/couch-potato-to-10k It is easy to build in a few extra weeks at the start if you are a beginner like me. Good luck in starting your running program!
  • nerdyprincess92
    nerdyprincess92 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi all :) I've just been assigned TBBT :) (resisting the urge to sing Baby Got Back)

I'm Loll, 27yo living in England with my husband.
    Tipping the scales at my highest weight of 216.5lb and have a scary BMI to go along with it.
    We aren't 100% about kids but I want to lose weight and develop healthy habits in case we do decide to and give the baby the best chance. And if we don't, well, then I guess hubs gets a hot wife haha.

I have a few fitness and diet goals for the year:
    * to get back in to going to the gym 3/4 times a week
    * 10K training - I haven't entered a race, I just want a goal to work towards and I've been able to do a slow 5k for a while
    * log and track foods on MFP daily
    * to have lost a stone (14lb) by my birthday in April
    * to have lost 2.5 stone (35lb) by sister's birthday in July
    * to have lost 4 stone (56lb) by our Honeymoon (and first anniversary) in October
    * to cut down on the fizzy pop and switch to water - I'm really dehydrated most of the time!

I'll have a proper read of the challenges in a bit and say what I will take part in :)

Hoping this will keep me accountable :blush:<3
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Jan 3
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    47 min power yoga
    Step: 8944
    Water:96 oz
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited January 2020
    @cmhubbard92

Username: murdog3t
    Step Challenge: Interested & Weekly Goal 70000
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    4th of January
    1. Log everything yes
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. yes
    4. Report each day - yes

I feel tired today. I am glad I am going for very modest calorie cut

Where are details on the other challagnes - is there discussions on them? Where would we log our results?

Happy to report I am sticking with my steps and my calorie plans for 4 days.
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2020
    HappyGrape wrote: »
    4th of January
    1. Log everything yes
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. yes
    4. Report each day - yes

I feel tired today. I am glad I am going for very modest calorie cut

Where are details on the other challagnes - is there discussions on them? Where would we log our results?

Happy to report I am sticking with my steps and my calorie plans for 4 days.

@HappyGrape I will be posting a link to the spreadsheet sometime soon. I have put each member on the spreadsheet with their chosen challenges, and it will be made publically editable tomorrow. You can either post your stats for those challenges here and I can enter them on the sheet, or you can enter them yourself :)

Everyone reports their weigh ins here in the group. Only the co-captains and myself can enter those :)
This discussion has been closed.