Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    edited January 2020
    Thursday 1/2 check in
    Food: not logged and over
    Water: over 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk, PT and stretching
    Not the best eating day yesterday. We decided to do a late lunch/early dinner with my brother and sister in law. It was last minute, we were driving home already. We met them at an italian place. I just overate. I left about 1/2 on my plate but I ate appetizers, bread and salad too. When I got home, I did have some candy that was around. I can't believe my weigh in was the same from New Year's day after all of that. I got to get moving. My PT just moved me up and hour so I have to go get ready.

@Cafelelia Thank you! I am going to print them out today! Nice loss!!
    @GingerPwr That was a good start. I think to add more protein is a good idea. I like those salad bags and if I was taking it with me somewhere I would bring a tuna packet with me. I also like chicken on it.
    @Mrsbell8well I am pretty sure I got the app for IF from Kirsten . It is called LIFE
    The link for the new registration page is https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10776263/january-2020-registrations#latest
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss!
    @nstephenson01 That eating at night is tough sometimes. I actually did well for a while with using the IF app. For some reason if I started a fast, it bothered me to have to start it over. I got away from it with the holidays but plan to start again. Have a good day today and be careful out there!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    v44pl5uyltgr.jpeg
    Finishing up Week 5 then over to new thread on Sunday!
    Friday
    @hope002
    @lennoncpa
    Saturday
    @kirsten11872
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @timibotkin
  • amytriesww
    amytriesww Posts: 91 Member
    Just a quick check in. My surgery went well on Tuesday. I can't decide if anesthesia is fascinating or creepy! lol All I remember is scooting from the hospital bed to the OR table (don't even remember laying back down) and then waking up in PACU. Haven't had to take any pain meds since the first day. I'm finding it really hard to rest though. The day after surgery, I walked a mile on the treadmill- only at 2 mph, so nothing strenuous. Yesterday, I took a few small walks and ended the day with 10k steps. I did an hour long walk this morning and hope to get at least 10k steps today too. So far, the scale hasn't moved much but it isn't from a lack of trying so I'll just have to be okay with whatever the scale says on Sunday.

I started filling in the habit tracker....what weekly goals are everyone trying to hit? Would love some ideas!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    @1theresamcvean Welcome! Terrific first post and introduction! I read every word and really enjoy your writing style. My profile pic was also taken on a day my hairdresser blow dried my hair out. I’m useless when it comes to my hair and usually just let it air dry and be its curly self. We have very low humidity here in Montana so that helps

@Mrsbell8well I’m using the IF app Zero but I don’t recall if it was @hope002 or @kirsten11872 who shared it 🤔
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 142.2
    Today's weight: 142.3
    Weekly Steps: 49,416
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited January 2020
    Our January team thread is up!! We will move to it on Sunday morning to start Week 1 of the January challenge!

Please feel free to hop on now to read about the team, introduce yourselves and tell us about your 2020 goals!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777940/weight-no-more-january-2020-chat#latest
  • Cafelelia
    Thursday check in
    Food - logged & on track
    Exercise - 5 k steps & more rest
    Water - 1.8l

This is just a quick check in for today as MFP has been so challenging! I said to Pam that the system is probably crashing because it is the beginning of the year, so more people are using it, just like the crowding in fitness clubs at this time! It took me a while today to get some introductory posts up on the January thread and I finally did it!

@lennoncpa - Nice maintain and amazing steps!!

@hope002 - Nice loss! The IF is working!

@1theresamcvean - Welcome! Thank you for that lovely post & introduction! As you know, I am very psyched to have a Toronto “neighbour” on MFP! I updated your starting weight on the January spreadsheet to 152.0 so that you start Week 1 with your current weight.

@amytriesww - I am so happy that your surgery went well! Cannot agree with you more about anesthesia. Look at you getting so many steps already! I have a paper habit tracker, so I am still deciding whether I will use that online habit tracker. I am tracking the usual stuff (exercise, water, logging). I will also track to my 2020 goals, some of which are not weight loss and fitness related like which are include being more creative and dressing nicely each day (I work from home most days).

@sleepymom5 - Nice loss! You are doing great!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 5
    Pw- 189.6
    Cw- 188.8

Ok so back to what I was 2 weeks ago. Lost what I gained from the holidays. I am excited for the next few months ahead. I have been doing great and will keep doing what I'm doing so I can reach my goals!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Friday 1/3 check in
    Food: logged except for an unplanned supper out. Didn't look up the calories but had over 1000 left so I think I was pretty close
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: none

I stopped at the lab after work to have some more bloodwork drawn. It wasn't too busy, only had to wait for one person. There was mandatory overtime last night so I ended up sleeping all day. At least this week it will be overtime pay as opposed to last week where it was regular pay for making up some time off during Christmas.

I got the bloodwork results back and found out I have to have some more tests done. Apparently I'm bleeding constantly and have to have an EGD & colonoscopy combined to find out where and why. I do take aspirin everyday (and have for many years) but have to stop that for now . I had a lot of questions but the medical assistant who called wasn't able to answer any of my them. My doctor's usual assistant doesn't work Thursdays or Fridays. A referral was put in for a gastroenterologist so right now I wait for them to call me to get on their schedule. I see my regular primary care physician on the 10th. I have a long list of questions for him.😊

I had planned on eating at home and possibly getting in a little exercise before work but I ended up going out with my dad and a family friend to let me know about the results.

I see I have some catching up to do on the posts here and the ones in the January thread.😁
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Weekly fruit, veggie and water goals
    Fruit: 4, veggies: 4, water: 64 oz 4 days per week

Fruit:
    1 day: 1
    3 days: 0
    3 days: 3

Veggies:
    4 days: 0
    3 days: 4

Water:
    1 day: 40 oz
    1 day: 48 oz
    5 days: 64 oz

Reached my goal on water and veggies Close on the fruit. Had I eaten at home I would have met the fruit goal too. Going to keep plugging along at this.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    @nstephenson01 I mentioned it & use it. Not sure if anyone else shared it. I started using the Simple app for IF, it’s $19.99/year, but has a lot more features than Life.😊
  • kirsten11872
    @Mrsbell8well I use the Life app for IF, but I started using the Simple app for IF, it’s $19.99/year, but has a lot of features. I really like it! Been using it for about a month.😊
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872
    Week:5
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:177.7
    Current weight:177.1
  • kirsten11872
    @1theresamcvean thanks! I work in Jersey City, which is right across the water from NYC. Welcome to our group! Looking forward to getting to know you as well!
  • Cafelelia
    Friday Check In

Food - logged & on target
    Exercise - 40 min on exercise bike plus 6 k steps
    Water - 1.8 l

My family let me sleep in yesterday, what a treat!! It has been wonderful to have a few days where I have not been running around!

@phoebe112478 - Good for you re the yoga & your weight! Is that the yoga studio that you attend! It looks so peaceful!

@timibotkin - Excellent loss! Nice way to start 2020!

@kirsten11872 - Fantastic loss!!

@tryingain5 - Great week with the water & veggies! I hope that everything goes ok with that blood test and the diagnosis. I know that it is hard not to worry. Drawing up a list of questions for your doctor is a really good way to address this. Try to stay positive and will pray for you.

@Zumba_luvah - Great loss & way to get back on track!
This discussion has been closed.