nzrfbdxx6q0t.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    983dlmsmct6x.jpg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    So first pic is my new kitty 4 mos old Nymeria; second pic is my next kitten 9 mos old Ayra; third pic was Ayra's sister who passed away 4 weeks ago, Sansa😞😪😭; fourth pic is my sr cat Felix who is 14
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    nemqoiyffo08.jpg

What a beautiful kitty!!!!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    My furry team

xixya3dr99c7.jpeg

This is my team:

Black dog is Tucker. I love him more than most people.

Orange 3 legged cat is “Littles”

Fluffy cat is “Boy”

My husband was really creative with his cats.

The tiny dog is one I dog sit from time to time. She is just the sweetest I just wish she was mine :)
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Nice furry family members, ladies!

@LaurieWrobo, what a pretty kitty and already a cheesehead! You got the pic downloaded- well done. I'm originally from WI, so I can recognize one when I see one- ha ha! You're a sweetheart to take her in, especially with winter rearing its ugly head. Sure, I like snow as much as the next gal- as long as it's only on the grass! After 45 years of winter, I'm in southern CA. Here we only have to worry about fires, earthquakes, and drought. No big deal. After 5 years we're ready to move to where it's greener, which is almost anywhere else but here. A couple of years until retirement, so we're looking already. Back to WI? Too much winter for me, but relatives are still there to visit. I'm still a Packer fan, but miss cheese curds more!

This weekend will be gearing up for hubby to back to work after a couple weeks off. Gotta get frig stocked with his lunch makings and that means grocery shopping. He eats a lot of fruit/veg/yogurt daily. I even make him homemade granola. Yes, he's spoiled, but I eat the granola too. I'll make sure to get a nice long walk in too.
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »

@LaurieWrobo, what a pretty kitty and already a cheesehead! You got the pic downloaded- well done. I'm originally from WI, so I can recognize one when I see one- ha ha! You're a sweetheart to take her in, especially with winter rearing its ugly head. Sure, I like snow as much as the next gal- as long as it's only on the grass! After 45 years of winter, I'm in southern CA. Here we only have to worry about fires, earthquakes, and drought. No big deal. After 5 years we're ready to move to where it's greener, which is almost anywhere else but here. A couple of years until retirement, so we're looking already. Back to WI? Too much winter for me, but relatives are still there to visit. I'm still a Packer fan, but miss cheese curds more!

This weekend will be gearing up for hubby to back to work after a couple weeks off. Gotta get frig stocked with his lunch makings and that means grocery shopping. He eats a lot of fruit/veg/yogurt daily. I even make him homemade granola. Yes, he's spoiled, but I eat the granola too. I'll make sure to get a nice long walk in too.

Yes! Loving the fur baby pics!!! I'm a Packers fan as well! And I'm from Los Angeles, but have lived in Virginia for 15 years. Perfect weather here! We get the four seasons but nothing too crazy. Nice and mild :)
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    SheilaCali wrote: »

Yes! Loving the fur baby pics!!! I'm a Packers fan as well! And I'm from Los Angeles, but have lived in Virginia for 15 years. Perfect weather here! We get the four seasons but nothing too crazy. Nice and mild :)

Go Pack Go! Everybody in this team a Packers fan? I am too, I did a high school exchange year in northern Wisconsin. I ended up there because the host family was of Finnish descent and they wanted to learn about Finland - the weather and seasons were just like home for me. I did end up teaching all the other exchange kids things like ”how to walk on snow”. Surprisingly hard, apparently.

I also have a colleague who’s a Packers fan, and he’s from Mexico. He watches football religiously, but I admit my ”fandom” and following is limited to what my old WI friends post on facebook and hearing updates from the colleague, and *maybe* getting up early to watch Super Bowl if Packers make it there.
  • silvermamma6939
    silvermamma6939 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 way to go on your weight loss!!!🎉
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I just met with a nutritional therapist (or registered dietician, I just learned this week there might be a difference in these terms in English, I went to see the kind that has a university degree on nutrition and is certified by the state). My head is spinning, there's so much going on, the lady was very intense and I sat there for more than an hour.

We did do some goal-setting, with the primary goal being stopping weight gain, and then losing first 5kg and eventually 20kg. We also set the goal of making sure I have a balanced diet with all necessary nutrients, which I can't take for granted with my IBS.

The tools to do this would be to even out my meal schedule so that there are 3-5 hours between meals, not less or more. Honestly I'm not sure what this has to do with things, but apparently it's important. Other tools are to decrease average calorie density of my foods and upping activity/exercise to an hour per day.

We scheduled our next appointment to exactly three weeks from today, and my "homework" for this time is to find a way to eat a more nutritious afternoon snack and trying to increase the average amount of veggies in my dinner to 50%. Let's see how this goes.

The most concrete take-away information from the hour was that according to her, foods with less than 150cal/100g are pretty much free to eat as much as I want, foods with more than 350cal/100g should be only eaten very consciously. This will be an interesting 3 weeks.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    All pics of lovely furbabies were so heart warming! <3<3 lifted up my mood really!
  • ChoseMyChains
    ChoseMyChains Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    I just met with a nutritional therapist (or registered dietician, I just learned this week there might be a difference in these terms in English, I went to see the kind that has a university degree on nutrition and is certified by the state). My head is spinning, there's so much going on, the lady was very intense and I sat there for more than an hour.

We did do some goal-setting, with the primary goal being stopping weight gain, and then losing first 5kg and eventually 20kg. We also set the goal of making sure I have a balanced diet with all necessary nutrients, which I can't take for granted with my IBS.

The tools to do this would be to even out my meal schedule so that there are 3-5 hours between meals, not less or more. Honestly I'm not sure what this has to do with things, but apparently it's important. Other tools are to decrease average calorie density of my foods and upping activity/exercise to an hour per day.

We scheduled our next appointment to exactly three weeks from today, and my "homework" for this time is to find a way to eat a more nutritious afternoon snack and trying to increase the average amount of veggies in my dinner to 50%. Let's see how this goes.

The most concrete take-away information from the hour was that according to her, foods with less than 150cal/100g are pretty much free to eat as much as I want, foods with more than 350cal/100g should be only eaten very consciously. This will be an interesting 3 weeks.

I applaud you taking the initiative to meet with them. That is a big step I still haven't made.

So although I am not keto, I have been doing more low carb meals and found this video to be really helpful as I am on the go all the time and don't have time to make large meals like I used to. I am slowly adding more to my meals, but the spice combos he goes over are really nice to help with flavor profiles.
    https://youtu.be/MgZYICVMAhY

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.