LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    What were you before the carniovore diet? Maybe you are losing inches as well ---sounds ike it......no worries on the TMI :)
    Did you get a non-glass scale at target?
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I was keto before carnivore :) I've tried carnivore before at the beginning of 2019 (think I started in Feb)... I think I stuck with it for 2? months maybe? I can't remember... then I added back in some veggies but was still mostly just meat for most of my meals until August after coming back from vacation. That's when I started eating a lot more veggies.

I do think I'm going to have to keep track of measurements too b/c I knew this morning that I was just feeling smaller and I could see it in my face and everything too. /shrugs.

Sometimes I can see the loss, sometimes I don't... and sometimes I only see everything that's still there... ya know?

YEP! Target had 2? Maybe 3 options for non-glass top scales. Not sure on the 3rd since I didn't really look closely at that one. They only had 1 of one of them and the box had been ripped open and 3 of the scale we got so yep.. pretty much had our choice made for us b/c we didn't want to go anywhere else lol.
    It's a nice scale so it all worked out :)

Alrighty!!
    Day 1 of reducing my soda intake! lol I've finished off my monster... now it's time to get this water in!

Oh and I fixed some pork belly for dinner last night. Got to really test out the ox bile and it did seem to work. Not perfectly though. I still experienced a little bit of nausea and the feeling like I was going to have some reflux, but never did.
    I'll take it!
    Maybe a stronger dose of ox bile would be better for me, but I'll stick to what I have and see if it continues to help improve my digestion.

Also, weight this morning was 184.6! WOOT! I mean.. it hasn't really moved much after the bloat came off, but it was 186 Sat and Sun so down from that is a win in my book :) Just gotta keep it going!

• volgirl1322
    That is super great on the loss!!!! And if you can see/feel it then you know you are doing it right ----the scale isn't the only indicator by any means :) Super proud of you!!!! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS for overnight losses!!! They're so encouraging!!!! Don't worry about the TMI...we clearly don't care :D Measure ALL losses, measurements, clothes, scale - I used it allll!!! But by now I can mostly tell what the scale is gonna say by how I feel LMAO. You're doin' great, and F it - eat the seafood!!! It's great and low cal - pretty sure by now our SOs are unphased by anything we can do :D lmaooooo
  • LiLee2018
    Thank you! Yalls encouragement really means a lot to me :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Congrats on your loss👍👏 Keep up fthe good work😊 Can't really comment about seafood as I am allergic to it and watching DH enjoying it really sucks😣 The whoosh will come soon... keep up the good work 👍
  • LiLee2018
    So first day of less soda went well. I did want some, but thankfully it was just mild cravings for one. I did have 1 with dinner.
    I was THIRSTY after dinner though. I drank over half a gallon after dinner. I read that it can be caused by low electrolytes. Can't remember the exact reasoning, something about all the extra water being released flushes out the electrolytes, so your body is craving the water you're releasing or something? I dunno, that could be completely wrong rofl.
    I did notice that I was developing a mild headache after drinking a lot though so maybe there's something to it. Will have to remember to drink some pickle juice or something.

Feeling pretty good this morning.
    Even though it seems like it's more difficult for me to wake up in the morning, I feel ok once I am actually up. The caffeine boost I eventually get helps a lot though... not even gonna lie lol.
  • mistymeadows2005
    I try REALLY hard to get my water in EARLY for that exact reason - I never succeed :D
  • LiLee2018
    Had myself a little pity party earlier. Feeling better now though.
    Even though I've been at this for a while, it's still difficult to shake off wanting instant results. I've only been back carnivore for a little less than 3 weeks. My body has to heal.... but not seeing the scale move much at all just bummed me out. Especially after listening to an interview of a woman who has been carnivore for a year and lost 100lbs during that time.
    When I heard that, it just suddenly felt impossible to me and got me down.
    But like I said... I'm good now.
    I know this isn't a race. The weight loss will happen. I have to give it time. I have to give my body time to heal what needs to be healed. :)

Dinner last night was leftover pork belly. the ox bile sort of helped for a bit, but I guess the amount I ate was too much for the dose I took. Next time... I'll still take just 1 and if I feel the reflux feeling, I'll take another and see how it goes.
    Sleep was really bad last night b/c of the slight reflux feeling I had and being paranoid that I was going to burp up stomach acid. Taking some tums helped at 1am, but I still didn't get back to sleep all that great.

Oh well... monster to the rescue!

Have a new art project I'm starting! Got my supplies and need to sketch some stuff out, but super excited to be doing something! :)
  • jadepearl
    Please don't feel down as everyone's body is different. Look at me, it takes me ages to loose weight but as long as you don't give up, the weight will come off. Keep up the good work👍 Am excited to hear about your new project😍
  • volgirl1322
    Hope you are feeling better. We are all with you in terms of how long it takes. You are doing it for the right reason and you will get there. Just love yourself through the process.....You are doing awesome!!!!

What project are you starting??
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall.

It was just a momentary thing yesterday. I'm good. :)

I think I'm gonna have to leave the ribeyes for husband and kids. :cry:
    Fixed some last night. Ate it all and enjoyed it and maybe an hour later, started feeling nauseous. Took another ox bile and digestive enzyme but neither helped at all. Eventually had to take an antacid which helped enough to where I didn't feel like I had to puke.
    My body just can not handle the fat on ribeyes.
    It's weird b/c the slow cooked beef cheek fat doesn't seem to bother me. Maybe b/c it was slow cooked so it's a bit softer so easier on my stomach?
    I dunno, but just no more ribeyes for me. I'll be happy with sirloin or some other cut.
    Lordy I felt awful last night and can still feel the aftermath of it this morning. I don't really feel bloated, but it feels like I have something heavy just sitting in my stomach.
    BLAH!

Oh well... now I know!

Oh and art project isn't anything special. We have a giant star wars dedicated wall in our living room that we need more decorations for and I'm going to make a Mandalorian/Baby Yoda something for it :) Hopefully it turns out how I'm picturing it in my head lol.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    If you continue to get sick consider going back to just low carb and see if that helps. <3
  • LiLee2018
    MAN!
    So I was feeling.. meh.. ok. Not too bad but still that heavy stomach feeling.
    Tried eating some beef cheek for lunch. I could only manage a few bites before just... just not being able to stomach it anymore.
    I didn't get sick, it was just a "eating too much rich food" feeling.
    I ended up drinking 3 diet sodas today b/c they were the only things that seemed to calm my stomach down temporarily.
    I also had some Duke's beef stick jerky things. A lot of them and those did NOT help my stomach at all lol. I was fine at first, but then just I guess the fat in them hit me or something.
    Dunno what the heck was going on today.
    I did eat hot dogs for dinner. Nothing else sounded good and I took a risk at eating something a bit.. meh and feel ok now. Tired though.

So yeah... definitely no more ribeyes. I do NOT want to feel this way again.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ok so many things to say:

1: RIP Ribeyes....that is a sad day indeed :cry:
    2: YOU HAVE A STARWARS WALL?!!?>!!? I insist on pics! Cedric is LIT-RALLY obsessed :D
    3. Still think it's awesome that you're so artsy!!! I have zero artistic talent - show us your project as it goes along!!!
    4. Yes the weight will eventually fall off darlin, even if it seems like it's taking FOREVER - but you know what you're doing, you've got this :kissing_heart:
  • LiLee2018
    Lol... The wall doesn't have much on it right now. It's supposed to. We have a few things that still need to be hung up on it, but DH is a HUGE procrastinator. HUGE HUGE HUGE.... like.. really bad lol. I'm too afraid to put anything up myself b/c I don't want to go put a hole in the wall only for whatever to fall off lol. It will get done though! I'll be sure to take photos of everything and share them :)

Yeah... I'm bummed about the ribeyes, BUT... if those prime grade sirloins aren't too expensive (think they're about the same price as the choice ribeyes), I will be more than happy with those. I'm tellin ya... that prime sirloin was just... it was a damn good steak. 10/10 highly recommend lol.
  • jadepearl
    A star wars Wall??? Can't wait to see photos of it.. 🤩🤩🤩 Awww, sorry to hear about the ribeye thngy😞 Keep up the good work and hang in that wagon👍
  • LiLee2018
    I may be experiencing some not to great symptoms from eating this way (or well.. just eating too much fat b/c of this diet), but I'm not giving up!
    I think for Feb, I'm going to try going dairy free to see how things go. I don't really have a lot of it now most days, but maybe giving it up completely for a little bit will be good for me... or I'll see that having it doesn't cause any problems. Which means no coffee for Feb too. Booooo lol
    I want to try giving it up b/c I see A LOT of keto and carnivore folks talk about dairy causing their weight loss to stall.
    Just want to finish off the cream cheese and cottage cheese I have and then I'll be good to go to try it out :)
    I think it would be a good time to start trying to bring back some fasting in again. At least IFing. Might not be an every day thing, but should help get back in to the right mindset to hopefully OMAD once again.

Yesterday was just... not fun. I probably should've fasted all day until dinner, but didn't know that my stomach was that BLAH still until I did eat.

Anywho... here's the pretty empty star wars wall. It's been like this for years even though we have other things to put up on the wall lol. The little shelf has some star wars knick knacks along w/ wifi and whatnot.
    tq9ef0hdgiiy.jpg

And what I've done so far for my project. Decided to do it on foam board b/c it's light weight, CHEAP, and easy. Can just use some of those removable sticky velcro or hooks on the wall to hang it up when it's done so no worries about having to nail anything in to the wall :)
    Would've been cool if I could have done it on wood though. Make something a bit more permanent/durable.
    rs9vqkf44cbl.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG you're so coooool <3 how awesome!!! Sorry your weight loss is stalled but good luck with the dairy!!! I can't SMH - wont' even try LMAO
  • volgirl1322
    Hope you find a plan that makes your tummy happy!!!! You are not a quitter so i know you will get there....

The star wars stuff is super cool!!! I am so not crafty :(.....