Weigh in this morning Monday January 20
    253.2 lb 😔
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    mhassan160 wrote: »
    253.2 lb 😔

I had entered your weight from yesterday at 252... would you like me to update it to your weight today?
  • Zella132
    Zella132 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in week: Jan 20, Week 3
    Username: Zella132
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week’s weight: 170.3
    Today’s Weight: 169.5
  • gboles79
    gboles79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Gboles79
    Week 3 weight 147

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Jan 18 & 19
    Username: Murdog3t
    Step : 7148 & 2766
    Water : 92 oz
    Food : Yes
    Exercise: yes
    47 min & yoga & meditation

Happy MLKD
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    primekayprime
    Sun Week 3
    PW: 232.6
    CW: 229

That is an awesome loss! @primekayprime
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in for me. I’m plugging on...tho my January goal was/is prob unrealistic lol.

Big Butt Theory Challenge (start 218)
    January 6: 215 (-3)
    January 13: 213 (-2)
    January 20: 211 (-2)
    January 27:
    January 31 goal: 206

I have too many things in life to track but I have been getting steps in, logging, and working on upping my water consumption.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in for me. I’m plugging on...tho my January goal was/is prob unrealistic lol.

Big Butt Theory Challenge (start 218)
    January 6: 215 (-3)
    January 13: 213 (-2)
    January 20: 211 (-2)
    January 27:
    January 31 goal: 206

I have too many things in life to track but I have been getting steps in, logging, and working on upping my water consumption.

@GeminiLady159 You are doing fantastic!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2020
    Options
    All of you are doing great! I have been plugging in your weights, but haven't been saying much today. I just want you to know I think you all are doing awesome!

1/20/20
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes yoga, 25 minutes strength, 25 minutes walking
    Steps: 6,401
    Water: 112oz

I ended up calling out of work because I had an upset tummy. It feels better now, for the most part. I did my exercise as I was starting to feel a bit better. I am not expecting a loss, and most likely a gain tomorrow as I have been doing more strength training, and I've been adding more carbs in... we'll see!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2020
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    To help keep in line with pre-planning, keeping under calories and sticking with the plan, I am trying to prep the night before. I have dinner in the fridge to thaw, lunch already prepared (tuna salad) and veggies cut.

That is a wonderful idea @brandi_84, I have been trying to do mostly the same... having dinner thawing is where I screw up the most! I love tuna salad!
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options

@brandi_84 thank you! I haven't changed my routine over the last two weeks so I don't know why I registered gains before and now a loss.
    My body seems to hang on to the weight for a week or two and then there's a whoosh of loss as though it's finally releasing those previous weeks.
    It didn't do this the first time I lost weight. I guess this is my new normal.
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    253.2 lb 😔

I had entered your weight from yesterday at 252... would you like me to update it to your weight today?
    This weigh in for week 3 so you can update it, but my concern is how did my weight increase and the last week was the first week that I went to the gym for five days??, I was losing weight when I was going to the gym for just two days??? Anyway,I will keep going to the gym for the five days and never give up let’s see what will happen next week!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh In Week: Jan- week 3
    Previous Week's weight: 176
    Todays Weight: 175

Mini Challenge
    Sun Jan 19th
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 52 min Wii Just Dance with the kids
    Water: 90oz

Mon Jan 20th
    Exercise: 30 min Focus T25 Beta Core Cardio
    Water: 60oz

My weight was a smidge lower on Friday so I was kind of disappointed but I did eat pizza 2 days in a row so I'm sure the sodium had something to do with it.
  • Kathi7501
    Kathi7501 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Work has gotten crazy busy, resulting in working late into the evening and weekends. So exercise is pretty much out for the most part the next few weeks. I did meet with my PT tonight and that was pretty awesome. I am SO going to hurt tomorrow!

Anyway, here’s the catch-up: Logged food every day and stayed in my budget.

Kathi7501

1/16
    3,177 steps
    64 oz water
    No exercise

1/17
    4,573 steps
    84 oz water
    No exercise

1/18
    2,464 steps
    64 oz water
    No exercise

1/19
    1,734 steps
    72 oz water
    No exercise

1/20
    4,568+ steps
    64 oz water
    30 PT session

Weigh-in: 216, down 1 lb. from last week. It may be slow, but it’s consistent and I’ll take it.

Thanks!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    253.2 lb 😔

This weigh in for week 3 so you can update it, but my concern is how did my weight increase and the last week was the first week that I went to the gym for five days??, I was losing weight when I was going to the gym for just two days??? Anyway,I will keep going to the gym for the five days and never give up let’s see what will happen next week!

Just remember that when you exercise more, it means your muscles work more. Your body then retains more water as part of the "healing" process of the muscles
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Monday 01/19
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - Grid class at gym in the morning and then a line dancing class in the evening
    Steps: 16,713
    Water: 93
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2020
    Options
    253.2 lb 😔

@mhassan160 there are so many reasons why we gain weight on the scale when everything we do points to "you will lose this week". In your case, you have over doubled your workouts, which means your body is going to hold onto some of that water to repair muscle! Keep doing what you are doing, your fat loss is still occurring, but it is being "masked" by extra water. Here are a few other reasons why we will not lose week after week-there are so many factors that cause the scale to stay the same or jump up! Don't stress any scale gains if you are doing everything right (staying at a deficit, eating the right amount of your exercise calories backs, drinking water to help aid muscle repair, etc) :)
    Carbohydrate intake: The number of carbs you’re consuming will affect scale weight. Remember, 1 gram of carbohydrate comes along with 3g of water. This is why when people go on a low-carb, or ketogenic diet, they see rapid weight loss (not fat loss) initially as the body drops water. Inversely, if you’re ending a period of low-carb or ketogenic dieting, you can expect your weight on the scale to go up.

Water retention: Water retention ‘masks’ fat loss and people falsely assume they’re not losing fat even in a calorie deficit, or worse, they’re gaining body fat – cue the “metabolic damage” news stories.

Sodium balance: If you’re consuming a certain level of sodium per day and then one day you consume more sodium your body will retain water, conversely, if you decrease sodium intake, your body will release water. 1

Menstrual Cycle: Ladies, your monthly cycle will make you retain water. I know, it sucks, but you’re awesome so smile. I wrote about dealing with the problem here. And seeing we’re on the topic, if you’re struggling with cravings during TTOM, read this.

Stress levels: Increased stress = water retention and with water retention comes a spike in scale weight. 

Sleep: Poor sleep can also increase stress levels = water retention = weight increase on the scale. 

Timing of last meal: If you generally eat your last meal at 8pm, then one day you eat your last meal at 11pm. This will see the scale increase the next day.

The time you weigh-in: If you regularly weigh in at 5am and then one day weigh in at 8am, this will impact scale weight.

Alcohol consumption: Alcohol can dehydrate you, leaving you lighter the next day. However, alcohol can also increase hunger. So if you go out and drink and consume foods high in salt and carbs, this will also impact your weight the next day.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

@brandi_84 thank you! I haven't changed my routine over the last two weeks so I don't know why I registered gains before and now a loss.
    My body seems to hang on to the weight for a week or two and then there's a whoosh of loss as though it's finally releasing those previous weeks.
    It didn't do this the first time I lost weight. I guess this is my new normal.

@primekayprime I have the same thing happen. It used to not happen to me, either, but within the last year it has become rather regular(even with a very slow loss) i usually lose right after my TOM(sometimes during), and gain right before. Sometimes also happens during ovulation, too. A drop right after. It is odd, but we're not the only ones!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh In Week: Jan- week 3
    Previous Week's weight: 176
    Todays Weight: 175

Mini Challenge
    Sun Jan 19th
    Exercise: 52 min Wii Just Dance with the kids
    Water: 90oz

Mon Jan 20th
    Exercise: 30 min Focus T25 Beta Core Cardio
    Water: 60oz

My weight was a smidge lower on Friday so I was kind of disappointed but I did eat pizza 2 days in a row so I'm sure the sodium had something to do with it.

@thedestar awesome loss! The weekends tend to influence our Weigh-Ins a bit! You still had a loss, so that is great! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Kathi7501 wrote: »
    Oh man. Work has gotten crazy busy, resulting in working late into the evening and weekends. So exercise is pretty much out for the most part the next few weeks. I did meet with my PT tonight and that was pretty awesome. I am SO going to hurt tomorrow!

Anyway, here’s the catch-up: Logged food every day and stayed in my budget.

Kathi7501

1/16
    3,177 steps
    64 oz water
    No exercise

1/17
    4,573 steps
    84 oz water
    No exercise

1/18
    2,464 steps
    64 oz water
    No exercise

1/19
    1,734 steps
    72 oz water
    No exercise

1/20
    4,568+ steps
    64 oz water
    30 PT session

Weigh-in: 216, down 1 lb. from last week. It may be slow, but it’s consistent and I’ll take it.

Thanks!

@Kathi7501 you're down 4lb so far this month! Definitely not a slow loss, and you are doing great! Keep up the awesome work! :)
This discussion has been closed.