Jp's omad journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2020
    Omg you are not a huge cow, that makes me sad to hear that you feel that way :( I used to weigh 115 back in high school but that was before children ;) I also have hypothyroidism and it really does make it harder to lose and also maintain the weight. Anyway if 52 kg will make you happy then I'll be cheering you on to get those last 6 pounds gone :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    @Morena_2020 - Thank you <3 Oh, Gippsland. I hope with the rain fall, everything is much better now <3 That's a huge lunch for me but since today is our reunion lunch, I will just eat the whole lot..lol
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you <3 Its hard to explain as my Mom is Asian and she has her Asian standards and Dad is Aussie and he doesn't even care if I am huge. However, Mom is Mom. When I was in high school, I was only 42kg (roughly 92lbs). When I graduated from Uni and went to work, I was always hovering around 45kg (roughly around 100lbs). Only after I gave birth, things went upside down. Mom often shows me my younger days photos and compares my "now" me and those photos. The saying "Fat as a Cow" is something that's often heard in my family. For me, 52kg is just good enough but to my Mom, I am still fat. But, at 52kg, I feel good and happy as I can easily slip into a Size 8 (Aus) pants and a size 6 (Aus) top. :) Thank you for always being here and supporting little old me <3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    /HUGS
    Time to start zoning out your mom. It's just not emotionally healthy for her to still be saying anything about your weight and making you feel like you NEED to be at some super small size.
    You definitely know that but I totally understand how difficult it is silencing those that say things like that.
    You are awesome no matter what! Never forget that!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I'm late to the party but I always am on team "you're at a great weight for your height" :) I imagine it's so hard when the people you're closest to hold you to the OPPOSITE standard of the rest of the world *sigh* I send you patience and love bebe <3

PS You're doing great! Keep it up <3
  • jadepearl
    edited January 2020
    GW : 52kg
    08 Jan - 56.8kg
    10 Jan - 55.9kg
    11 Jan - 55.5kg
    17 Jan - 55.2kg
    21 Jan - 55.1kg
    23 Jan - 55.2kg
    25 Jan - 55.4kg

Good afternoon OMADers 💋❤️

It's CNY today and we are still working today. Mom and the rest of our family and relatives are all in Melb celebrating. We will drive down tonight after we close up.

As you can see, I gained 0.2kg with that mini CNY reunion lunch😅 Oh well, it's CNY after all and we will be having more food and drinks tomorrow with the whole gang. This year is the year of the RAT🐭🐀

Today:
    OMAD - 1.40pm. Rice, Curry Chicken, Beanshoots & Spring Onion Stirfry, yesterday's hotpot soup and Peters Ice Cream. Total calories. Total calories - 1012
    Exercise - Zumba later in the evening

j6a48f5j4feq.jpg

I was quite happy with my liquid intake as I drank 2.5L water and 2 cans diet soda. I also managed to zumba 30 mins yesterday. Somehow, I still gained... go figure🤔🤔🤔

Have a wonderful weekend❤️❤️❤️
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you <3 Its really great that your Mom is not like mine. Mom even managed to change Dad and he is more Asian even though he is an Aussie..lol. Most of the time, I can ignore the comments but sometimes, it still gets to me. :(
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 You are so lucky to have a Mom who is so supportive and loving. I went down to 52kg and I was in a happy place and nothing Mom, Aunts or cousins said could change that. So, that's what I am gearing for..52kg. :)
  • Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    It’s really tough tuning out your parents; more so when there’s a cultural difference. Because even though you know there’s another way to be, that culture is also part of who you are, and you understand that for that side of the family, that’s the only way they know how to be. So there are no easy answers to this. You’ve been dealing with it in one way or another all your life and if all that happens is that it gets you down now and then, I think you’re doing GREAT.

And hey - may I introduce you to my friend the tape measure? When the scales say, “Nope!” the tape measure says, “Yeah!”
  • jadepearl
    @Morena_2020 - Thank you ❤️ Are you a halfie like me? I do measure myself now and then. The last time was around Nov last year...very long ago. Thank you for reminding me😁
  • jadepearl
    edited January 2020
    08 Jan - 56.8kg
    10 Jan - 55.9kg
    11 Jan - 55.5kg
    17 Jan - 55.2kg
    21 Jan - 55.1kg
    23 Jan - 55.2kg
    25 Jan - 55.4kg

Good afternoon OMADers 😘❤️

We closed later than normal and arrived late for the family gathering. Called Mom to tell them not to wait for us. Mom always say we have to put our business first as its our source of income for our family. 👪❤️This year my Uncle decided to order house catering from a Malaysian lady. We had packed Nasi Lemak, Chicken Satay, Roti Jala and Chicken Curry, Curry Puffs, Spring Rolls and other CNY goodies which my Aunties bought from Chinatown. They even ordered Pizza Hut & Domino's for all the 7 grandchildren. I just love my Dad as he was sitting at the porch with his VB, waiting for us❤️❤️❤️ I always make sure I call and text him so that he will eat with the whole gang but he will always wait for us. No wonder Mom fell so in love with him and went through a lot to be with an Aussie❤️❤️❤️ I ate a lot and I roughly total up my calories and it was a high 1685 calories. I helped my Uncle to clean up the house so I can burn some calories for being so greedy. We drove back this morning as my Uncle insisted that we should not drive home in the middle of the night. On the way back, kids wanted McDonald's breakfast. I didn't break my fast even though the whole car smells delicious😂😂😂

Yesterday:
    OMAD - Total calories - 1685
    Exercise - Cleaning up after the reunion party at my Uncle's house
    Liquid - only 1L water, Soy Milk and lots of soda which is really really bad for me.

This is a new week, a new start once again and up onto the wagon I go. I will only weigh-in this Fri/Sat. Let's soldier on❤️

• Morena_2020
    Morena_2020 Posts: 212 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    @Morena_2020 - Thank you ❤️ Are you a halfie like me? I do measure myself now and then. The last time was around Nov last year...very long ago. Thank you for reminding me😁

No, but I am a migrant. I arrived here when I was very young, and always there’s that line to tread between being assimilated with the country culture and being assimilated with the family/country of birth culture. It’s a challenge! And I have a couple of halfie friends. One of them 27 years old and her mother’s side of the family can make things really difficult; the only advice her friends have is, “Just don’t see them! Don’t talk to them!” But of course that’s way too simplistic and not a choice for her at all.

jadepearl wrote: »
    This year my Uncle decided to order house catering from a Malaysian lady. We had packed Nasi Lemak, Chicken Satay, Roti Jala and Chicken Curry, Curry Puffs, Spring Rolls and other CNY goodies which my Aunties bought from Chinatown.

Oh YUUUUUUMMMMM! We went to Malaysia for the first time last year, and I don’t mind saying that our main reason for going was the food! The trip was DH’s birthday present (it was a birthday with a 0 on the end) and Malaysian is his favourite cuisine so off we went. We were unprepared for how absolutely beautiful the country was, and loved it. But oh - the food. From the first day DH was having roti curry for breakfast!

Anyway - might need to get the name of that Malaysian lady off you! 😄 And your dad sounds absolutely wonderful.

• jadepearl
    edited January 2020
    @Morena_2020 - I know what you mean as I feel the same way. It's not as easy as cut and go, you know 🙅‍♀️🙍‍♀️ But, we will always find a way to make it work. Mom goes back every year with her siblings. Dad follows, sometimes☺️ For us, it's so expensive for a family of 4. We went once when we first go married. After starting a family, everything is for the kids and stuff. One day, we will save enough to bring our kids there😁 When you need the name of the caterer, give me a tinkle and I will ask my Uncle👍
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Keep up the good work, you will get to where you WANT to be. As we have all said, you are perfect where YOU think you should be, NOT your mom or anyone else. Sending you hugs <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm glad you had a nice family gathering with awesome sounding food and it was so sweet of your dad to wait for you <3 Here's to a successful week of losing :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    GOOD GIRL!!! Do YOU BOO!!! If you're happy at 52 kgs, then I'll be happy for you at 52 :) Glad Mom at least supports the business!!! That's something!!! You've SO got this babe, I believe in you!!!
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you <3 I might not be able to get down to my younger days weight of 45kg but I am happy with 52kg. So, that's what I will strive for :)
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you <3 Dad has always been like that...I kept telling him not to but he will never listen...lol.
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 Mom is pretty proud that we are our own bosses and have our little business. :) Its just when it comes to weight and stuff like that, its another story altogether.. lol
  • jadepearl
    08 Jan - 56.8kg
    10 Jan - 55.9kg
    11 Jan - 55.5kg
    17 Jan - 55.2kg
    21 Jan - 55.1kg
    23 Jan - 55.2kg
    25 Jan - 55.4kg
    Next weigh-in will be on 31 Jan or 1st Feb

Good afternoon OMADers <3

What a crazy week of eating, eating and more eating! Thank goodness its over and back up onto the wagon I go :) One of my cousins who is Doctor was there at the reunion dinner and he was a little concern about my thyroid issue. I told him that I am trying not to go under the knife and I am changing my diet once again. However, I am allergic to seafood and this is one of the recommended food :( I am also taking Nascent Iodine and he said that he has heard good thing about it. So, here I am trying to figure out my new diet plan once again.

Today:
    OMAD - Hard boiled eggs, Mixed Veggie Salad, Toast Bread, Grapes and Rice Crackers. Total calories for today is 910.
    Exercise - Hope to get in 30 mins zumba
    Liquid - Hopefully by tonight, I am able to finish my 2L water

Hope that everyone is doing well today..may OMAD be with you <3