Options
    Bsgraham10
    Friday
    PW 267
    CW 270
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 It's been a bit chilly down here in Alabama. It was probably about 40-45 for my walk both yesterday and today. We moved pretty quickly, so long sleeves, fleece, hat & gloves were sufficient. Today I also wore my down vest, but I could have done without. And after today's walk, I pretty much collapsed on the couch and lay there for the rest of the day. Tomorrow should be a bit better, energy wise!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    jenready wrote: »
    jenready
    Saturday
    Previous Weight 226.8
    Current Weight 229.9

I'm almost ready to throw in the towel. I feel like I'm doing well during the week but when I weigh in I keep going up. :s

Hey @jenready I know it's frustrating, trust me, been there many times and it keeps happening to me too! As you know, the body can sometimes be hard to predict and just about anything can affect you...weather, illnesses, time of the month, hormones, stress, salt intake, swelling, water retention...on and on and on. It sounds like you're monitoring your food and likely are journaling everything in the app and you're obviously walking/exercising, so the only thing left that is under your control is portion size. Perhaps take a look at that this week and make sure you're over-estimating what is or isn't a half cup, cup, or 3 ounces of a serving...

Sometimes you just have to keep keeping on...be patient...your body has no choice to eventually fall into line and STOP BEING SO STUBBORN! Let that fat go already! :smile:

I'm with ya...and I'm going to take my advice too this week...hope you have a wonderfully, well balanced and active but calm week!! Hang in there!! I THINK YOU ROCK!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    mynacha73 wrote: »
    About 5 years ago I had a perfect storm of losses and hurts that I handled by eating. And eating and eating and eating until I gained 90 lbs in one year. Since then I've yo-yo-ed around over 200 lbs. With some major life changes - taking some time off work for my mental health, moving cross country to be near family, a lot of writing and self-reflection, and some serious attention to therapy, I've been healing and thinking and feeling again. Well. This morning I stepped on the scale, and I weighed 199.7 lbs. I feel like the 200 lb wall (my own glass ceiling) was just shattered. I feel empowered and liberated and strong. I'm never going to forget the grief of that year, but it doesn't define me, rather it teaches me. I'm sad for the self-destruction, but I'm proud of my self-forgiveness. My weight has been so tied into my self-image that I could spin out of control if I pop back up over 200. Well, you know what. I will go back over 200 lbs because our weight naturally fluctuates a few pounds because of salt or water or whatever, but the trajectory is downward to my 145 goal. My wins are that I'm making healthy food choices, I move most every day, and I am in this group with all of you inspiring people who remind me that health is the journey, not the destination. So, thank you for the support and the motivation and the incredible stories and honesty you all share here each day.

Hey there @mynacha73 I've been trying all week to get back to your posting so I could respond. Sorry it took me so long. Wow, what an amazing series of events, learning experiences and emotional/physical growth you've gone through!! I bet to be where you are now feels so liberating and empowering!! Congratulations on this in a long series of accomplishments. I'm proud of you!!

Enjoy this feeling of self worth and amazing accomplishment and it will guide you through to the next victory as well!!

More than anything, thanks for sharing your story as encouragement and motivation to the rest of us. That's what it's all about...giving back, opening up and sharing to help someone else and in that way, experiencing another level of human kindness and growth...can't wait to see where it takes all of us next!!

Have a blessed week!
    Jessica :smile:
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Achagpar
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 121
    CW: 123

I had a couple of (really) bad days this week that I didn’t recover from (so I kind of expected this) but I’m committed to doing better this week. Time to refocus.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    qavofjth3815.jpg

8sm7leo4p8gs.png
    shksgcgi6ir8.png

35h6l6ynusf8.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.45%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.39%
    3rd Downsizers 0.31%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No More 24.0 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 18.7 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 14.6 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @achagpar 4.27 %
    2nd @Luciicul 4.21%
    3rd @gharvey2753 4.00 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @gharvey2753 7.2 Lbs
    2nd @Luciicul 6.1 Lbs
    3rd @nbbaby 5.9 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @hope002
    @cory17
    @lennoncpa
    @raleighgirl09
    @kirsten11872
    @michaelyoulten
    @kayla7303
    @simbersea

4aym4x73lrpd.png

• Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    We
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Good morning! I left my phone on the bus yesterday. I got ahold of the bus driver. She said well, your going to have to main office and pick it up. But not until tomorrow. I said where is that? She said it was only a couple block from bus station. So I woke up this morning and it was pouring out. Ended up going down down. It ended up being 10 city blocks or 2.5 miles. So I got a decent walk in today. Lesson learned! Always hold on to your phone...lol

Glad you recovered the phone. Nice that you can see it as a win. I'd have probably had an anger management challenge.
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    Good morning! I left my phone on the bus yesterday. I got ahold of the bus driver. She said well, your going to have to main office and pick it up. But not until tomorrow. I said where is that? She said it was only a couple block from bus station. So I woke up this morning and it was pouring out. Ended up going down down. It ended up being 10 city blocks or 2.5 miles. So I got a decent walk in today. Lesson learned! Always hold on to your phone...lol

Glad you recovered the phone. Nice that you can see it as a win. I'd have probably had an anger management challenge.

Well, I wanted to. But then I figured it really was my own fault. 🙄 lol. So I decided to suck it up and make something positive from it.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/25 - 2404
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Jen_967
    Sunday Weigh-in 1/26/20
    PW: 244
    CW: 242

I’ m happy with this weeks loss. I seem to average about 2 lbs a week. I’ll take it!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    lkvq0mwmqhx7.png
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    @Jessicakrall8 Hi Jessica. No, I haven't been to the farm. I've been sick for the past week and a half. Stomach virus and a cold. I'm just starting to feel a bit better. I know you're not feeling too well either. I hope you get well soon. Smart of you to take it easy on your leg.
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Arc130
    Steps
    Saturday 1/25-7589

I'm guilty of single posting per week. Will try to post steps more often during the week.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    qp0zvwqb7370.jpg

A warm welcome to our newest TrimStones members:

@ThinMichelleSparkles and @erinrose2102

Take a moment and introduce yourselves, tell us a little about how you found your way to us and what you hope to accomplish in February and months to come! I'm Jessica, one of your two captains, the other being @mulecanter. We will try to motivate, keep the communcation lines open and perhaps make you giggle a bit throughout the month. He's the funny one...I just talk a lot! :smile:

I think you'll find this group to be very helpful with ideas, ready with suggestions and even a little advice when needed. I've been here for two years and they've been quite helpful to me.

Again, welcome and jump in on the discussions and we'll see you over in the February chat room once it gets opened up in a few days.
    Jessica :blush:
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey @jenready. I know the scales going up sucks but definitely don't throw in the towel.

A couple of things I've found in the past that have made me gain rather than lose...

I think the estimated calorie burn for me is too high so when I try to just undercut those I end up gaining slowly.

Some of the calories for items logged on MFP are misleading so now I always check the back of the packet to make sure they correspond as well as weighing and measuring food carefully. Easy to log cooked weight instead of dried weight on stuff like pasta and rice by mistake!

I only eat back some of my exercise calories because I think MFP and fitness apps way overestimate calorie burn (for me anyway).

If you like you can add me as a friend and I can share recipes and stuff and try to help keep you motivated. 😘
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So sorry I missed my weigh in guys!! I was on a little getaway for the long weekend here in Aus and completely forgot!

Sarawilliams5889
    Saturday (Monday 😬)
    Pw 160.5
    Cw 160.5

No big numbers to contribute anyway 😔
This discussion has been closed.