@amsandos

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    Options
    44acbxl1gv8u.jpeg
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Thanks @sleepymom5! Thanks for sharing the book regarding IF! I have been really sticking to 16:8 IF even on the weekends!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 4
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:196.6
    Current weight: 196.6

Exactly the same as last week. Actually it's a relief because I was up most of the week.
  • kirsten11872
    Options
    Hello everyone & welcome to a new week! :smile:

I am feeling good! I was happy with my weigh-in on Saturday. I really got back to my workouts last week & I can definitely feel the results from missing my regular workouts for a bit. The body responds quickly, I felt winded much quicker than normal, but I should be back to normal this week. I also, had to use lighter weights, my muscles felt fatigued much quicker than normal. It was definitely an eye-opener. I need to stay consistent. I am in my late 40's & it does not get easier with age. I am trying to stay in shape now so that as i get older, I will stay strong.

I worked out all weekend & watched what I ate as well, but the scale was up a bit today. I feel like my body knows it was the weekend and hangs onto some extra weight, lol. I am going to continue to stay on track & hopefully continue to see results!

@Mrsbell8well I hope you feel better! I hope your test results are all good!

@sleepymom5 glad you are feeling well! I hope you are able to get your computer fixed!

@Cafelelia enjoy your vacation! The place looks beautiful & you look very happy!

@CassieGetsFit2013 Happy Birthday! Walking is a great form of exercise! You do not need any equipment & you can do it anywhere!

@hope002 you look great in your progress pics! Have a great time skiing! Also, you follow OMAD. How many calories do you eat when you have your meal? I follow 16:8 IF, I eat between 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm. I eat my first meal at 1:00, then have a snack around 3:00 or so, then dinner between 6:30-9:00.

Have a wonderful day & week! Let's end January with a lot of success! :smiley:
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @hope002 you look great in your progress pics! Have a great time skiing! Also, you follow OMAD. How many calories do you eat when you have your meal? I follow 16:8 IF, I eat between 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm. I eat my first meal at 1:00, then have a snack around 3:00 or so, then dinner between 6:30-9:00.

I eat between 1300 and 1600 calories a day. My meal is about 1000, then I have coffee with almonds and dark chocolate and after that about a cup of sunflower seeds (love them).

• kirsten11872
    Options
    @hope002 doesn't sound too bad. I am not sure I could eat just 1 meal a day, I guess if I started to do it, I would get used to it. I would have to have my one meal around dinner time. How flexible are you with it? Do you stop practicing it on vacation or if you are spending the day with friends?
    It definitely seems to be working for you! :smiley:
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sunday 1/26 check in
    Food: didn't track
    Water: 56 oz
    Exercise: none

Slept 9 hours last night and was still tired when I got up. After church I went to my dad's for dinner and then went home to sleep. Slept all afternoon so I could stay awake all night for work. We had to go in at 8:30. My weekend seemed pretty short since I spent so much time sleeping. Guess my body needed the rest or I wouldn't have been able to sleep.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well I hope you feel better. We have the flu going around work and my niece and her dad also were diagnosed today with it. I'm hoping to stay away from it.

Welcome to our new team members. I got my exercise in 2 days in a row. My hip is feeling much better. My feet are killing me. My neurologist wants me to get them checked but I want to get a pedi first, lol. I see a neurosurgeon next week for my neck, yikes. I got all my steps in for the past 2 days, I logged my food today and have my food all ready for tomorrow. I'm back I'm the game.

Steps

Sun- 13,681
    Mon- 12,805
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Monday 1/27 check in
    Food: didn't track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute intense session with my trainer

I was asked if I wanted to stay for OT this morning. I said no. We had already worked 10 hours since we started early last night. I was tired and didn't feel like working a 12 hour shift. I think only one person actually said yes. Since I don't have anything special tomorrow night if I'm asked to stay for OT tomorrow, I'll probably say yes. I knew I wouldn't get enough sleep today if I stayed late and I wanted to get in my normal amount of sleep. I slept my normal 6 hours, then went to the gym. I think my trainer is trying to kill me. My session was really hard today but, of course, that's the point. If it's too easy that's not good.

After the gym, I went to the chiropractor. I don't have to go back for a month so that's good. Back is feeling much better than it was. I went to the make and take workshop where we made 4 different kinds of energy bites tonight. I did try them all as we made them. They were very good, especially the double chocolate ones.

The hospital where the workshop was held is in the same town as where I work. It didn't make much sense for me to drive 20 minutes home and then 20 minutes back, especially because of the time we got done. I had a book with me so I decided to go get some coffee to kill some time before going to work.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,461 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Monday 1/27 check in
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise and steps-walked 30 min, PT, strength and stretching

Another good day (That’s two! :) ) No reason not to continue tomorrow! Hope everyone has a good night!

@kirsten11872 I liked the whole book but the part about IF was so interesting and made so much sense. I am glad you are doing well. You had a great week and are back on track! Let’s finish January strong!!
    @jedaschultz Better than gaining! How are things going?
    @tryingagain5 I am glad you are listening to your body and getting your rest. Night shift is tough and being anemic on top of your work schedule doesn’t help. Hang in there. I am afraid to try those protein bites, I imagine I would like them too much and probably over eat them. Lol! Hope you have a good night tonight.
    @Mrsbell8well Oh no! Rest up and feel better soon!
    @ljdanny You are doing great! I am glad your hip is better. I hope your feet isn’t anything serious. I would want to get a pedi first too lol!
    @rundgrenrocks Thanks for the introduction! I am so glad you are here! :)
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Yesterday did a short arm workout but ate pretty good and drank lots of water and tea.

I'm up a couple pounds, so tomorrow's weigh in won't be pretty but it's TOM. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Monday checkin

food logged ok as far as I remember it feels like a long week already
    water ok
    exercise 40 mins track session

I had a really cheeky group and I felt drained and tired afterwards. There was chocolate swiss roll on the side but I managed to resist. Do you know what I felt really proud of myself? I felt better about that than I would have done if I'd have had it. Gone to track was hard but good. They have a new coach who is an old coach he used to take me for swimming. He is a lot nicer on dry land. As I was struggling at bit he adjusted the session. I told him that I wanted to work on speed so he cut down the set length so that I could run faster and it gave me loads of confidence. It still wasn't fast but I am moving again.

@sleepymom5 I can't persume to speak for the whole of the British public. There are lots of different views. A lot of people that I work with are Royalists and are incensed and outraged. They read notorious right wing papers. I can see things from both sides but probably because of my ethnic make up knowing how it is to grow up and be non white is Britain I am quite sympathetic to Meghan. Personally I think she was a brave (mad) marrying into the royal family is a bit like marrying the mob. I have had the priveledge of working in some aristocratic families and it is not an easy life there are lots of rules and expectations. For all their money and power there are a lot of restrictions and also people who want something from you because of your status. I would not go there for anything.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    01/27 steps 13457
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Remember to keep it GREEN and push hard to finish this month stronger than when you started!

l05zvf9n6jvi.png
This discussion has been closed.