DOWNSIZERS January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Hi Team!! I’m super curious to know if anyone here is following a specific type of diet? If so what is it and how do you like it. I am normally all about CICO and take an everything in moderation approach. This month I’ve been following more of a Whole 30/Paleo approach. I am doing so in support of a friend who is following Whole 30 strictly. Now I have not been fully compliant but stuck to it pretty close overall. I’m finding that I like how I am feeling but it’s definitely not a long term plan for me. I have already started adding back in some sugars but in moderation. Dairy and grains I’ve been more compliant with.

What’s your plan? What works for you?

I am doing keto again. It seems if I just reduce calories I always end up over eating. With that I walk and run and I've started doing stronglift 5x5 again.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!! I’m super curious to know if anyone here is following a specific type of diet? If so what is it and how do you like it. I am normally all about CICO and take an everything in moderation approach. This month I’ve been following more of a Whole 30/Paleo approach. I am doing so in support of a friend who is following Whole 30 strictly. Now I have not been fully compliant but stuck to it pretty close overall. I’m finding that I like how I am feeling but it’s definitely not a long term plan for me. I have already started adding back in some sugars but in moderation. Dairy and grains I’ve been more compliant with.

I’m definitely a calories in calories out person. I just try to stick with my caloric goal and make sure to workout. I allow myself the flexibility to eat the foods that I like. I CANNOT BE HUNGRY. Like AT ALL.

Since December, I’ve been trying intermittent fasting—because I needed to do something about my late night snacking/ meal habit. So far, so good. I fast until 1 or 2pm, then, I eat my day’s worth of pre-planned meals until 8:30pm.

I’ve never been a breakfast eater, and I’ve always done fasting morning workouts, so this isn’t that big a change for me. The main change is that I’m stopping the eating early in the evening.

It sounds like you’ve found a system that is working for you, and are making adjustments as needed.

Good job!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I’m definitely a calories in calories out person. I just try to stick with my caloric goal and make sure to workout. I allow myself the flexibility to eat the foods that I like. I CANNOT BE HUNGRY. Like AT ALL.

Since December, I’ve been trying intermittent fasting—because I needed to do something about my late night snacking/ meal habit. So far, so good. I fast until 1 or 2pm, then, I eat my day’s worth of pre-planned meals until 8:30pm.

I’ve never been a breakfast eater, and I’ve always done fasting morning workouts, so this isn’t that big a change for me. The main change is that I’m stopping the eating early in the evening.

It sounds like you’ve found a system that is working for you, and are making adjustments as needed.

Good job!

I hear you about not being able to be hungry! I’ve tried IF and had really good results but holy cow do I get hungry lol. 16:8 was just too long for me to go without eating, so now it’s more like 14:10. My best friend does 16:8 and he has lost a ton of weight, as it really helped him cut back on total calories consumed.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options

I do calories in calories out. I work on a calorie average for the week. It was 1500 but I reduced it to 1450 as I have lost weight. This allows me to be more relaxed on the weekend.

I have done several types of “diets” in the past but I now treat this as a journey.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Calories- just right
    Coffee- Awesome ( this guy had the big cup all day long)
    Exercise- bunches ( Thursday steps 23,080)
    Goals- to go above and beyond. To be an overcomer.
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Peeps!!! Sorry I’m late with my steps, here we go!
    1/22 4781
    1/23 5730
    1/24 5917
    1/25 8,482
    1/26 6,091
    1/27 7,171
    1/28 4,630
    1/28 9617
    1/30 12,117

Phew!!!
    ☺️🌸😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 50 minute walk
    Water: success

I got into the dry Cheerios and crackers with becel on them to night. Hope it don’t affect my weight loss as I am over my weekly average for calories.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thursday Check In
    Exercise: rested the knees from all that biking. Instead took a walk.
    Water: nope, not even close

Tomorrow: early morning exercise of some sort; stay focused on the No Junk Food Challenge
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Steps for 1/29 = 10,322
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Thursday check in
    Calories- just right
    Coffee- Awesome ( this guy had the big cup all day long)
    Exercise- bunches ( Thursday steps 23,080)
    Goals- to go above and beyond. To be an overcomer.

Fantastic job with your steps!! Inspirational! 👍🏾
  • carolynsivik
    carolynsivik Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Carolynsivik
    Friday
    PW 141
    CW 140
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 216
    Current weight: 214.4

So happy with this loss. I have gotten better with tracking my food this week - and it actually works! Lol!

My goals for the weekend (and they are always tough for me):
    1. Get my steps in through exercise and just moving more
    2. Drink 100oz everyday
    3. Log
    4. Cook some meals for next week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    PW 206.2
    CW 206.8

I had rough week. I am getting very little sleep because my Molly has to go out 3 or 4 times a night. I live in an apartment so I have to take her out every time. I think cause I am so exhausted my will power is down. I went over my weekly calorie average this week. All week I was eating crackers, butter, cheese and tons of Cheerios.

Molly is going to the vet on Tuesday so hopefully they can figure something out but I think it is just her age.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    To go along with my lack of willpower this week! I need to make mine stronger in the coming week!

i2d3mb4l4adv.png
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hilogirl2018
    Friday weigh in
    Week 4
    PW: 125.2
    CW: 124.4
    Observation: When you're closer to the end of your weight loss journey (for me, it has been a 30+ lb journey), I think the loss slows a lot, but at the same time, you can really *feel* the difference in each pound lost. All fluctuations due to salt and food intake aside, I really do notice the difference between an average of 125 and an average of 124!
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Jennt817
    P w: 142.1
    Cw: 142
    Well... it’s something! Hahah... I will get below this number the mind is willing it’s just convincing the body!!! Working on it!!! Hahah. 😊🌸😊🌸😊
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Downsizers!

Your February chat thread is open - go ahead over just to introduce yourself making sure that everyone will know all the great stuff about you. New members will still be trickling in, and they will now be sent there, so show them that great F2F welcome!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783094/downsizers-february-2020-chat#latest

Please continue to record the final January weigh-ins and steps here, though. Thanks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Two more new people for you!

@mari_moulin

Yes. Really. The founder of F2F is back! And she just wants to be on your team to get past a few crazy months and some slippage on the weight loss. You will be inspired!

and

@californiajuls

Enjoy!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in
    Exercise: 95 minutes total walking
    Water: under, drank too much tea and coffee

Saturday’s goals
    1. Be sensible with my food intake and log everything