• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Feb 4
    on-plan cals: :mrgreen: higher day
    on-plan carbs: :mrgreen: higher day
    workout: :mrgreen: 2/6 strength
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Not a lot to say. Did fine. Workout went well. I clearly need to work on the lunge situation still though. MFP, where is my eyeroll? Also, I hate my adjustable dumbbell set. That's what I get for going cheap. I should have just sucked up the hit and gotten Powerblocks. Whiny whine whine. :joy:
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    STRUGGLING with the mindful eating, have had several eating outbursts, while of healthy foods, just way too much. Now I feel bloated and horrible, but am telling myself its a bumpy patch in the road and today is a new day. Heading back to the city today, so much easier to stay busy and distracted. Determined to not let a bumpy start to February totally bounce me off track for the whole month!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    2/4
    Ate out with friends but managed to stay under calorie limit. Probably a little over carb limit but not too disastrous. Let's see how today goes.....
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the going overboard on the healthy snacks. There is a sale in one of the shops down the hall from me so I bought roasted almonds- a good snack but not so good if I can't keep my hands off them. I swear they are calling my name from the desk drawer. You are right to stay determined like the daily inspiration "one day at a time".
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for Feb 4.
    1. get rid of 5 lbs by 2/29. Work in progress
    2. stay < 35 net carbs daily. good
    3. stay < 1,500 calories daily. Good
    4. intermittent fasting 16:8 every day. So far so good.
    5. Plan ahead every day. Keeping up with my plan ;)
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    No gym today- sore++++, so I’ve just had a brisk 30 minute walk as exercise. Under cal and CHO for the day. Thinking of switching to premium to get more advice, macro counselling. Is it worth it? Any thoughts/ suggestions appreciated. Best, bev
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Gluten free eating- 👎🏻
    Sugar free lifestyle (no sugar added)- 👎🏻
    5,000 steps daily-👍🏻
    Increase water intake-👎🏻
    Exercise 3x per week-👎🏻
    Daily planning/tracking-👍🏻
    Intermittent Fasting-👎🏻 i did a full 14 hour fast but not 16 because I was up eating at 930 last night
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Update: 2/6

1. Workout-> cardio OR weights: Tuesday & Wednesday- On It! B)
    2. Weigh/log food daily: Tuesday & Wednesday- :star:
    3. Keep carbs to a minimum/daily <50: :star:
    4. Tan: at least 3 times a week-- Tuesday B) ... tonight & Friday are planned
    5. Try 10 new recipes: 1 down, 9 more (Meal was okay- the stir fry veggies were the frozen kind & not good- :D )
    6. Clean out garage by end of month: Today more stuff left the building. Empty space is growing :p

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Day 5:
    1. Eat within cal/carb limits o:)
    2. Do scheduled strength training >:)
    3. Do 20 min cardio >:)o:)
    4. Find some daily inspiration and share it o:)

Had lunch and dinner with friends, stuck to salads for both, so probably stayed within goal even though it's all just guess work when eating out or eating other people's cooking...got home super late so didn't do any working out.

Today's inspiration:
    xct9apmbnucd.jpg
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Bev, I haven't tried premium myself. I look for threads within the various forum topics that interest me or if I have a question about something and I read those. I use "google" a lot too, and am careful what I read, bottom line it's simply an opinion, could be good or not so good.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for Feb 5.

1. get rid of 5 lbs by 2/29. Work in progress
    2. stay < 35 net carbs daily. good
    3. stay < 1,500 calories daily. Good
    4. intermittent fasting 16:8 every day. Ate outside the window. I was hungry and was way low on calories so I ate 3 pieces of bacon.
    5. Plan ahead every day. So far so good.
  • baconslave
    Options
    bacpath wrote: »
    No gym today- sore++++, so I’ve just had a brisk 30 minute walk as exercise. Under cal and CHO for the day. Thinking of switching to premium to get more advice, macro counselling. Is it worth it? Any thoughts/ suggestions appreciated. Best, bev

Not worth it IMO! I confess I am not the world's foremost scholar on premium's features, but I'm pretty sure you won't get better advice via Premium than you will here in this group for free. Post questions here in this thread, or in the Low Carb group. Hell, ask me! I've been doing LC for over 4 years, and if I don't know an answer, I know where to get it. Being a Librarian in my previous life (BC-before children) helps with that. :)

In addition, we have a resource/link library complied for our members.
    You can skim it and see if some old thread can answer your question. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10423197/open-threads-member-threads-on-low-carb-topics#latest

I do wish you could actually search a group's threads!!! :rage:

Sorry you are sore! I am too but thankfully it isn't too bad for me this time. I've had days that I wanted to cry every time I had to bend down for something or sit. :grimace:

• baconslave
    Options
    Feb 5
    on-plan cals: :mrgreen: lower day
    on-plan carbs: :mrgreen: lower day
    workout: :mrgreen: 3/6 cardio
    NEAT: :mrgreen:

Got over 15k steps yesterday. :+1:

I'm pretty sure I need to build an ark. I hope my teens can get hope from co-op today. Flood warnings here. Though I think the roads they go on aren't flooders, except right in front of our house (creek). I hope it doesn't!

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    bacpath wrote: »

Try Cromometer. It provides far more data than MFP could ever dream of. It's free but even if you do get the paid version, it is about half the price of MFP paid version.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Cronometer - haven't tried that one.

I do have FatSecret on my phone for when MFP is being a pain, but I don't like it as much...it does work for logging food at least and seems to have a decent database of stuff to select from.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    2/5 & 2/6

Rain and fog both days, so far. Dreary is the word of the day!

Stayed at or close to carb/calorie counts. Missed gym due to other appointments, will have to squeeze in extra time over the weekend.

• bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like this group, thanks so much.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Gluten free eating- 👎🏻
    Sugar free lifestyle (no sugar added)- 👎🏻
    5,000 steps daily-👍🏻
    Increase water intake-👎🏻
    Exercise 3x per week-1/3
    Daily planning/tracking-👍🏻
    Intermittent Fasting-👎🏻 i did a full 14 hour fast but not 16 because I was up eating at 930 last nights. I’ve been night binging again. Need something else to do
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Over the last two days my mindful eating has been up and down. I was completely aware of not being very hungry so ordered dinner accordingly but my saboteur ordered a dessert to share afterwards. Who turns that down? Calorie wise I have been over but water consumption has been good. This cold weather and snow makes me want to overeat and hibernate. Here’s to a better weekend all around!