Non Scale Victories

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    At my doctor's visit yesterday, my doctor took me off all the medicines I take for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Apparently, I don't have either condition anymore!

That is great news!
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    I am so over the rain. It has rained and rained and rained in my area. We have a random day (typically during the week) with no rain but it's usually overcast. What I would give to have an entire sunny weekend. I don't care if its cold; I just need for it to be sunny!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Ok...I thought your name was Murphy...duh!....hi Mike lol....and nice shirt, too!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited February 2020
    Ha, nope. Merph is an online name I've used since I was a kid, and it's the phonetic sound of my initials, MRF. And the 518 is our area code, so I'm just the merph from the Albany NY area 😉
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @Merph518, you look fantastic!!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @merph518 I noticed your badge in the picture - nice way to do a before and after shot :) You've really made strides - congratulations!
  • merph518
    edited February 2020
    Shucks, thanks @speyerj!
    @bmeadows380 thanks! Ha, wasn't on purpose but yeah that works :)
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    @merph518 This is a wonderful NSV - would you consider getting a new badge photo to celebrate? Your badge picture is definitely not the new you!
  • merph518
    I've been thinking about replacing my badge, but I think I'll wait until I get nearer to my final goal. They charge a $20 fee to replace it unfortunately.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I got in some more gym shorts today which I find sometimes weird to say because I have been wearing gym shorts for a long time and never going to the gym... what was I talking about? oh yeah.... They are too big on me. This sounds like a routine NSV but they are Large so I guess I am going to try some Medium ones which I can't quite wrap my head around. I assumed because I am large boned (yeah, I know but I really do have large bones) that a large was as low as I would go. I also didn't think my waist below my stomach was going to get any smaller.

Now I am curious to see what happens with my shirt sizes when I start progressing again. I believe that Large is as low I will go there but who knows.