WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’ve been slacking... out of town for family wedding yea! Parents house back up sewage today... boo! And waiting to hear if my sons university is also going to be going to online for the rest of the semester, if so moving his stuff out of his dorm, storing it and flying him back home from the East Coast. Plane reservations, storage unit all on hold!

Late weigh in....
    JillyBT
    Monday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 158
    CW 158

No tracking or exercise last few days
    Tomorrow I get back into a routine by starting at the gym!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Love the photos... here's my transformation one. I have a lot that show my huge weight loss, but it feels a bit phoney since I've gained weight back. Other than to inspire me because I know what I can achieve!

My skin, however, had a bit of a change last year 🙃😁 This was my 40th birthday present to myself. It took 17 ish hours over 9 months, mainly because of all the colour and detail. And healing, and cost lol! Fully custom.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    User ID: Freeglerock
    Week Number: 2
    Previous weight: 195.4
    Current weight: 193.0

Not quite back to where I was at the beginning of February, but getting closer :-)
  • Freeglerock
    Options
    Tuesday steps 10,181
  • Freeglerock
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Your tattoo is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    @KUMEcyclingteam love the hair! Have you been following the Curly Girl method too? 😉
    @JillyBT sounds like a busy time! How long before you know if the university is going online? Over here in the UK very little is being closed at the moment (and all school and universities are business as usual).
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @JillyBT sounds like a whirlwind of a week. Hopefully things are getting back to normal.

Weigh in
    Username GingerPwr
    PW 145
    CW 144.5
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/11 steps 4915
  • Freeglerock
    Options
    @pacsnc6 so sorry to hear your news. Sending a big hug. So true that you need to pay attention to your body. xx
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 - I am so sorry about your diagnosis. I am praying for you and send you a huge hug today. You are so right about what are bodies say to us. Please rest and take good care of yourself. As soon you want to move to cheer squad just let us know. We are here to support you and please post whenever you want to, but particularly in those moments when you need encouragement and support.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 3/10
    Food: Good but went over with drinking
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 15 minute walk

Yesterday just was a little crazy. I totally forgot I had a dentist appointment (finally got that crown) so I had to cut Charlie's walk short. As I was walking into the dentist I got my 23 and me results back which was a Christmas present to my husband and me from the kids. It has been so busy I haven't even gotten to look into them and I have been so curious! Then I found out Mary Kate's University is closed until 3/30 and then all classes will be online. They will not be going back on campus. She is not happy but I am not going to lie, neither am I lol! She is on spring break now so I guess the extra time is for them to get all the classes ready to go online. I wish they were prepared like @rundgrenrocks school was so they could go right back into classes when break was over. I guess everything with this virus is so new that no one is really sure how to handle things. To get back to my day :D , Shannon decided that we should have her birthday dinner at the bar last minute. It worked well because Jim is going away today. I did well with food but not the alcohol. I am going to take time and journal about all this and get right back on track. My husband decided he will still go on his trip to New York to see the basketball games. I am not sure if it is March madness? I think going to NYC and being on the train and in Madison Square Garden is a little risky but he does this every year and only one friend declined. Ok, I have to run. For Shannon's birthday we are going to the outlets. At least I will get some walking in. Hope everyone has a good day!

@cafeleia You can see the difference in those two pics! And you made me lol with the little runner bootie! Looking good my friend!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Wow! That tattoo is amazing! How beautiful! I think someone would have to be pretty talented to draw that on paper let alone someone's arm.
    @ljdanny I am glad that you were able to get things sorted out. You are so good with the baby and having them at your home but sometimes kids seem to take things for granted. Another surgery for your poor son. I hope it is only 1 also. He has already been through so much. You made me laugh about your husband. MK thought she had the flu last week and I told her to stay at school. She already infected her roommate. I knew she didn't have it but she was shocked I didn't run up and get her. Lol! I see you got to zumba so at least you had a little break with your hubs. My husband is the same way. I have told him I had patients who were in the ICU who didn't complain nearly as much as him. Lol! Hope he is feeling better soon and no coronavirus.
    @Freeglerock I love that you have that allotment to garden in. I have no where to garden, I wonder if they have something like that near me. I love the cute little visitor too. :) I have some serious hair envy with you! You look beautiful in both pics but I do love how your curls are so defined in the second. Nice loss by the way! You will be back where you were in no time! You had a great week!
    @phoebe112476 Nice loss! Hope all is well with you!
    @tryingagain5 Looks like you had two good days! You are in a great routine!
    @Mrsbell8well I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you can rest and take care of yourself. I am glad your daughter is looking for a second opinion.
    @KUMEcyclingteam Lol! What a lovely transformation with the hair. The flowers are a nice touch!
    @JillyBT Looks like the colleges are leaning that way. I bet you know in a couple of days what will happen. Ugh! Sorry about the sewage at your parent's place. Always something...
    @GingerPwr Nice loss!
    @pacsnc6 I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I know that is something no one wants to hear. I am glad you did get yourself to the doctor and didn't wait any longer. Good thing is you know and can get started on treatment. I am glad you want to stay with us through this. Let us know when you want to go on the cheer squad. The advice you gave Angelina is good for all of us to hear. Sending prayers and hugs.

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Today's Moderator's Photo challenge-
    Workout Wednesday - Your workout or movement essential
    Let us know about one essential item or aspect of your workout or movement. Workout equipment or gear may come to mind, but it could be a place, or an item such as a dog leash or a pair of sunglasses.

e49m7mo522xl.jpeg
    Lately Charlie is essential for my workout! We have actually increased our speed so I needed to add more distance to our route!

Share here, on the link below or both!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was busy and the remainder of the week will be as well. I did not follow plan yesterday, but I am not going to sweat it. My shoulder is still a bit sore, but at least I have my range of motion back. Hockey season is pretty much over as my younger son’s team was eliminated from the playoffs last night. I feel exhausted today from the stress and excitement, and am looking forward to a break. I have decided to take my trip to Phoenix. I am healthy (so is my family), have travel health insurance, and I checked all of the government information, number of cases here and in Phoenix (both relatively low), plane disinfection and air filtering protocols etc. The flight is only half full and I expect many of the passengers will be retirees who are wearing masks. I am staying with my friend (who is healthy), so not be in a hotel or large resort. So unless something changes by Friday morning, I have just decided to go ahead.

@sleepymom5 - Sorry about not doing well with the alcohol yesterday. I think that journaling about it is a great idea. I am not surprised about MK’s university closing and going online. I think that a lot of institutions are now taking this precaution. I predict that the elementary and high schools will do the same thing in April after March break is over, or they may just cut the school year short. And I was complaining about those strike days! My 13 year old will be fine with online learning, but it will not be easy with my 9 year old. Btw, Charlie is adorable!

@GingerPwr - Nice loss!

@Freeglerock - Fantastic progress and you are doing great! I love your curly hair and also your outfit in the straight hair photo! You will have to update us on your garden as growing season continues.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Gorgeous ink!! My husband is really into it and has half sleeves and all of his upper back done. So funny because he is a lawyer and his clients would never guess (not that most would care these days)! Anyway, based on what I have seen with him, I completely get how much time your ink would have taken, including the healing.

@JillyBT - Your busy stuff just does not stop. If you sons are coming home, hope that it all goes smoothly. Try to get some self-care in when you can!

@KUMEcyclingteam - That hair suits you! And I have to say your fashion sense is awesome!

@Mrsbell8well - Hope you are doing ok and good luck getting your second opinion.

@tryingagain5 - Your consistency and dedication to those workouts are just amazing!

@phoebe112476 - Nice loss!!

@amsandos - Am very glad that you had a good day yesterday. I cannot imagine carrying anything on a treadmill!

• amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    amsandos
    Week 2
    PW 157
    CW 157

I will take a STS to be honest I don't deserve it but I am happy with it. After I finished teaching my school I wanted to have a biscuit but I got distracted and the urge passed. I did have a controlled portion of peanuts. I am satisfied which almost never happens. My neck and shoulders are so sore after my work out yesterday. I have swimming later today. Wednesday is always a long day because of training. Here's to completing another good day.

Thinking out loud not being able to sleep did really frighten me and has cause a bit of a shift in my motivation. I have gained a new resolve which has come from my fear. They say there are two reasons for doing anything fear and need. Although I think maybe desire rather than need - I really do anything because I feel I have to, in fact the opposite. My desire to be slim has never been that strong excecpt when I was getting married but my fear of ending up like family members that have had strokes and struggled with obsesity... should be a different story. In the past, the watershed was that I had gestational diabetes and had to do blood tests several times a day and I absolutely hated it. The memory has faded and bad habits have crept back in. When I went back to work after having my daughter I was working from home so in control. Then I moved to being in an office more when I was closer to home and part time I was bad but not terrible.... but this job. I have really struggled to find my slim self motivation in this new place. I think it is because the pace is so intense and time is so precious.

I am starting to see that where my fitness goals needed to be a challenge in the past to motivate me, I have enough challenge in my life and my fitness goals need to be more affirmative, nutring, fun and relaxing. I need to find a way of convincing myself that being fit and healthy is my indulgence. It is nourishment not punishment. I acutally felt hungry around lunch time and that was good because I have been over stuffing myself and not getting hungry. I am going to figure this out.

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    PW: 187.8
    CW: 186.8
    Loss: 1
    Going back the right direction.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 Big hugs to you, I'm so sorry to hear your diagnosis.

@Freeglerock Your hair looks awesome. My teenage daughter has long curls and she hates them, her hair always goes frizzy or pouffy - I might look up the Curly Girl method for her.

@sleepymom5 Charlie looks like a good walking buddy! Interesting about colleges going online - the Corona Virus hasn't had that much impact here so far, we've only had 5 cases in the country. A lot of talk and planning for if it gets worse however.

@Cafelelia People don't expect me to have ink either, since I work in a professional job. Luckily I'm at a point in my career where it doesn't matter at all, and I can cover my various tats if I need to anyway.

@amsandos You sound like you're working through things. I had gestational diabetes with my twins, one of my worries is developing Type 2. It was a big motivator to lose weight before, but not enough on its own to combat my ED. I actually did see several psychologists and had counselling when I started struggling in maintenance, and then after I had gained weight back. The first one wasn't that helpful, but others were.

I'd comment more but I'm working from home and should actually do some work!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I thought you might like to see my sweaty self after my epic 40 min walk with 44lbs on my shoulders. Swimming today felt good. I got promoted into a faster lane. I😁 someone bought cookies for me to eat but input some of them in a box to take home and the rest to the volunteers. Feeling pretty proud of myself.
  • rundgrenrocks
    rundgrenrocks Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @JillyBT we just got word that my girls’ university is going online as of Monday. I knew I shouldn’t have started enjoying that empty nest so much! (Just kidding! I’d rather have them home until this is over. I can get used to daily laundry again I guess!)

@pacsnc6 you are in my prayers.
This discussion has been closed.