Tracked: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps:7,707
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »

Hi team! Every week I'm going to start a Weekly Round Table Conversation. This week I'd like to bring us back to grade school and suggest a Show & Tell topic!
    I love this idea! I can't wait to see what everyone shares!

Here's mine:

j46dz1ziu4sq.jpg

A decent pair of running shoes!

When I first decided that I was going to try running, every list I came across of Tips for New Runners suggested that you get evaluated for the right shoe. I thought it was dumb. A sneaker is a sneaker, right?

Well, when I first started walking just to build up to running, after a short distance, I was experiencing excruciating shin splints and foot cramping. I thought I just wasn't built for running. But before I threw in the towel, I said I would try the shoe thing.

So I went to my local running store (who knew there was such a thing?) and was helped by really patient and knowledgeable staff who were clearly passionate about running. They put me on a treadmill to evaluate my stride and suggested a shoe that was made for my neutral pronation. They gave me some helpful tips for a beginner runner and sent me on my way.

Let me tell you, running in these were like night and day. First of all, just the cushion in the shoe was so much more noticeable than my cheap runners. They felt almost springy. After just my first walk in them, no more foot cramping or shin splints. I had to humble myself and apologize out loud into the universe to all those seasoned runners for calling them "dummies" for making the suggestion.

I am now halfway through my first couch to 5K training and I am loving it! And that is largely thanks to this shoe since I was going to quit running if this didn't work. Just goes to show that the right tools can really be the difference between success and failure.

Good shoes make such a huge difference! Glad you found a pair that works for you. I did one of those "run test" at one of our local running stores years ago and they suggested a style that I live and die by. I still get shin splints, so don't get discouraged if they come back. I wear compression socks and often tape my shins when I'm doing longer runs.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    jrrutten wrote: »
    Jrrutten
    Starting weight: 228.8
    3/4 Week One: 231.6
    3/11 Week Two: 230.0

Show & Tell: I bought a Fitbit for both me and my 9 yr old daughter. That's been a fun reminder to get us both moving. ( I haven't figured out how to insert a picture)

My personal goal for this month was to walk/ jog for 60 min 4 days a week. I was up to running 6 min at a time and 4 miles total. BUT I didn't listen to my body last week and pushed through ankle pain. Listen to your body! I had to change it up to more leg lifts/crunches/weight training this week. Hope to get back walking today.

I have been looking at getting a fitbit for me and my daughter, as well. I'm glad it has been a great tool for you both.I hope your ankle is feeling better.
    @jrrutten
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: March Week #2
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 302.8
    CW: 300.4

So despite having a crappy week, I still lost weight and that makes me happy! :smiley:

@rawrxamberx Awesome loss!!
  • sekotsjd
    sekotsjd Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 3/10
    Track: yes
    Under: yes

Wednesday 3/11
    Under: no
    Exercise: no

Thursday 3/12
    Under: yes
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Jrrutten

Show & Tell: I bought a Fitbit for both me and my 9 yr old daughter. That's been a fun reminder to get us both moving. ( I haven't figured out how to insert a picture)

My personal goal for this month was to walk/ jog for 60 min 4 days a week. I was up to running 6 min at a time and 4 miles total. BUT I didn't listen to my body last week and pushed through ankle pain. Listen to your body! I had to change it up to more leg lifts/crunches/weight training this week. Hope to get back walking today.

I have been looking at getting a fitbit for me and my daughter, as well. I'm glad it has been a great tool for you both.I hope your ankle is feeling better.
    @jrrutten

@jrrutten you got me thinking about my first Fitbit which I purchased in 2016. There is a definite correlation between the date I started wearing my Fitbit and the date I started losing weight. Great Show & Tell!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Thurs, March12th:
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes
    Exercise(20min): Yes, treadmill
    Water: 100oz
    Steps: 6514

*Daily personal goal this week* Eliminate eating from 730pm to 1130am the next day.
    11am-8pm
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Thursday 03/12
    Tracked - yes
    Under - yes
    Exercise - yes 7km run and line dance
    Steps 19,256
    Water 85
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

Hi team! Every week I'm going to start a Weekly Round Table Conversation. This week I'd like to bring us back to grade school and suggest a Show & Tell topic!
    I love this idea! I can't wait to see what everyone shares!

Here's mine:

j46dz1ziu4sq.jpg

A decent pair of running shoes!

When I first decided that I was going to try running, every list I came across of Tips for New Runners suggested that you get evaluated for the right shoe. I thought it was dumb. A sneaker is a sneaker, right?

Well, when I first started walking just to build up to running, after a short distance, I was experiencing excruciating shin splints and foot cramping. I thought I just wasn't built for running. But before I threw in the towel, I said I would try the shoe thing.

So I went to my local running store (who knew there was such a thing?) and was helped by really patient and knowledgeable staff who were clearly passionate about running. They put me on a treadmill to evaluate my stride and suggested a shoe that was made for my neutral pronation. They gave me some helpful tips for a beginner runner and sent me on my way.

Let me tell you, running in these were like night and day. First of all, just the cushion in the shoe was so much more noticeable than my cheap runners. They felt almost springy. After just my first walk in them, no more foot cramping or shin splints. I had to humble myself and apologize out loud into the universe to all those seasoned runners for calling them "dummies" for making the suggestion.

I am now halfway through my first couch to 5K training and I am loving it! And that is largely thanks to this shoe since I was going to quit running if this didn't work. Just goes to show that the right tools can really be the difference between success and failure.

@primekayprime I love your shoes! I really would like to get to a running store and get evaluated! I feel like every pair of shoes feel good at first, and then I have issues :neutral:
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Jrrutten

@jrrutten my fitbit really motivates me to keep moving through the day! I am glad you were able to get one for you and your daughter! The challenges are fun(and kind of addicting!)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Username: rawrxamberx
    Week: March Week #2
    Day: Wednesday
    PW: 302.8
    CW: 300.4

So despite having a crappy week, I still lost weight and that makes me happy! :smiley:

@rawrxamberx awesome loss! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Starting : 184.5
    Week 1: 183.8
    Week 2: 183.6

@brandi_84 I love that you're still moving on down! Awesome! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    cbhxn8k0175p.png
    My tool - the one thing without which I wouldn't have achieved the results I did.

@petrocoetsee this is so, so true for me too! The diary on here has been such a lifesaver! Awesome work! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    KT587 wrote: »
    So I have been sick... Just allergies but my energy had been zapped and I have been struggling to workout, post... Be a good team member! I am hoping the worst is past and that I'm back on the path!

@KT587 take care of yourself and feel better!!! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Jrrutten

@jrrutten

@jrrutten you got me thinking about my first Fitbit which I purchased in 2016. There is a definite correlation between the date I started wearing my Fitbit and the date I started losing weight. Great Show & Tell!

@Krysless2 you are definitely right! I think I have had a Fitbit since 2018, maybe longer, but once I started focusing on it, I was starting my weightloss :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Date: Thurs, March12th:
    Tracking: Yes
    UnderCalories: Yes
    Exercise(20min): Yes, treadmill
    Water: 100oz
    Steps: 6514

*Daily personal goal this week* Eliminate eating from 730pm to 1130am the next day.
    11am-8pm

I think you are doing great! I hope you have adjusted to your eating schedule! Awesome water yesterday!!!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Richmondwriter MUAC for 3/12/20:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercised: yes
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Friday weigh in: 129