SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Help! Battery dilemma! 'Lo' keeps showing on my food scale as I'm just back to weighing and logging.... don't have a spare.... not sure I can stretch lockdown rules far enough to go to a hypermarket which would stick them rather than normal supermarket .... think I need my food scale more than my bathroom scale.... do i do lockdown minus knowing my weight rather than without weighing food?

I have 1 full pack and another half pack of 2025 batteries in the cupboard but zero 2032.... bad planning!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    sfbbcclv0pcc.jpeg
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Help! Battery dilemma! 'Lo' keeps showing on my food scale as I'm just back to weighing and logging.... don't have a spare.... not sure I can stretch lockdown rules far enough to go to a hypermarket which would stick them rather than normal supermarket .... think I need my food scale more than my bathroom scale.... do i do lockdown minus knowing my weight rather than without weighing food?

I have 1 full pack and another half pack of 2025 batteries in the cupboard but zero 2032.... bad planning!

Are you getting mail? Can you get delivery?
    This so sucks!!!! I think the next food scale I buy will make sure it is a AA or AAA!!!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    This is gonna be a crazy week for me... Trying to adjust to working from home again
    4x43mlvappcy.jpeg
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    3/15
    3/16
    3/17
    3/18
    3/19
    3/20
    3/21

Steps are low; I can't walk the mall, its closed until who knows; I cant walk outside - too cold and we are getting snow tonight...winter is still hanging on in WI; and very limited steps at work as there are only 2 other people in the office...so it will be another low week 😞
  • TwinMomma2019
    TwinMomma2019 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    3/15 - 8,018
    3/16 - 4,247
    3/17 - 5,248
    3/18 - 6,160
    3/19 - 6,054
    3/20 - 5,506
    3/21 - 4,875
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »

If both your food scale and bathroom scale use the same batteries, would it work to switch the batteries between them? On weigh-in day put them in your bathroom scale to weigh yourself, but put them in your food scale the rest of the time?
  • Luciicul
    Options
    Luciicul
    Week 4, Monday
    PW: 148.6 lbs
    CW: 147.5 lbs
    (Trying to maintain around 65kg /143.5 lbs, +- 1.5kg / 3.3 lbs)
  • Luciicul
    Options
    I've been feeling the temptation to stress eat. Nothing really bad and unhealthy, just eating more than I need, wanting to snack in between meals - peanut butter on seed crackers being particularly addictive!

Late last night Australia announced stage 1 measures in response to corona virus (about time), but it is a bit too little, too late, and it's inevitable that sooner or later we will get to a stronger shut down as been happening around the world... I wish they would just rip the band aid off and announce stage 3 or 4 measures so we can get it over with!

There is so much confusion with changing goal posts as they make a new announcement every day or two, but are always reluctant about making stronger changes (and will say adamantly "no we won't do that", only to then change their position almost immediately), and it leaves everyone scrabbling to understand what the true situation is or plan around it.

There's also conflict between what our national leader (prime minister, federal government) says and our state leaders (state premiers, state governments), so there is no consistency across the country. Basically most of our states and territories are taking stronger action than our federal government is, so I trust our states more than our federal government.

However, I don't think they realise that the uncertainty is probably the biggest stress for most people. People can adjust to change, but we need clarity.

At the moment, the state I live in still has schools open but today announced that if people can keep their kids home they should. I think they would close the schools if it weren't for the federal government being adamant that they must stay open. 30% of parents were keeping their kids home last week anyway, ignoring our PM, because we don't trust what he is saying. But we need it to be authorised and organised, because until then it forces students to choose - if they stay home and miss tests or assessments they can be failed or have their marks compromised (which could mean missing out on a university spot after graduation). The authorities need to provide an alternative plan that allows students to stay home without it compromising their education.

I feel like I'm watching a horror show, and am losing so much time to reading the updates, checking facebook, thinking through contingency plans, having a hard time concentrating on other things - I keep telling myself to 'walk away, ignore facebook/news', but it is kind of addictive. It's like other big crises, like when september 11 happened, everyone glued to the newsfeed even though most of it was just an endless repeat of the same stuff.

I'm going to try really hard to de-stress and do something more productive!

I hope you all are taking care of your physical and mental health. Such unprecedented times! Stay safe :smile:
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Are you getting mail? Can you get delivery?
    This so sucks!!!! I think the next food scale I buy will make sure it is a AA or AAA!!!

Agreed re AA/AAA! I am not really sure about mail, but the deliveries to my apartment building are sporadic at best so always use work, which is currently closed... really not a country of mail order but am going to try. Going to see if any friends will be going to a big shop this week and ask them to pick some up for me and do a drive by handover or something..... this really is a first world problem, but......!!
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Luciicul wrote: »
    If both your food scale and bathroom scale use the same batteries, would it work to switch the batteries between them? On weigh-in day put them in your bathroom scale to weigh yourself, but put them in your food scale the rest of the time?

This is another good thought, but worries that moving it around a lot might kill the life in it faster?! If I cant get my hands on another one, this will be my fix for now :)

• kilobykilo
    Options
    @Luciicul , I couldn't agree more about the anxiety of uncertainty. It feels so much better here now the rules are clear..... we stay home unless we need a supermarket or medical services. We are allowed 30 mins of outdoor isolated exercise a day, which I am delighted about and really hope people dont abuse so we can keep getting outside a little. Since Thursday morning when I woke up feeling sick about the reality of lockdown and not knowing really what that meant, to now with a new normal and routine I feel soooooo much better mentally. I hope you get that certainty soon.

@LaurieWrobo sorry toner you're stuck in the house. I only had two days like that while the rules of the state of emergency were confirmed and hated how it made me feel :( can you do online workouts? Some may up your steps but, more importantly will get your heart pumping and help with your mental wellbeing. I've taken to marching from ad break to ad break a couple of times an evening, too. Not the same but helps with movement.

@boehle good luck with the adjustment. Stay safe.

@SheilaCali oh no! Take care of yourself and feel better soon x
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Sat/sun accountability recap

Calories: under/ over
    Steps: I am super lazy...
    Water: yes/no
    AF: 22 days and going strong.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Hi @kilobykilo - the 2025 is normally 3v so the same as the 2032, just slightly thinner (2.5mm v 3.2mm) so you should be able to use either. If the 2025 is too loose in the scales pack it with a bit of aluminium foil.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How is everyone today? I'm trying not to overeat, but I'm pretty sure I am...

The province now says two meters between customers, and only a certain amount in a store at a time. We can still get take out or delivery from restaurants. Things like Walmart are open but my city isn't that big, so there are literally like five main grocery stores, and they need to stock more stuff since everyone is going for it. The toilet paper hoarding thing is kind of weird, lol.

Stay safe!

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Pamela_Sue

PW: 227
    CW: 235

Holy cow - what is my problem? I am finally over the flu, but still have this cough. I am stuck home and been eating snacks and junk like there is no tomorrow. My volunteer work at church needs to be completed before Saturday and I am major stressing.

This too shall pass - take care everyone!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,055 Member
    Options
    You have another new member - I could NOT resist putting him here because he is the perfect combination of user names with @TheMrWobbly . Please welcome @ScottyTheGent :smiley: He should be along presently.
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Last weeks Step count;

15th Mar -10,218
    16th Mar -8,291
    17th Mar -14,597
    18th Mar -8,819
    19th Mar -13,831
    20th Mar -10,203
    21st Mar -7,223

Have a great week!