TEAM: Gutbusters (April)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Excited for April and the positive changes it will bring :)
  • miss_fit_ellie
    miss_fit_ellie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hallo all! I'm so excited too @glouis4
    Let's kick this fat to the kerb 😁

Good luck!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so glad you're here.

I am your captain, Megan, @Keepingtrack1234. This is my third month leading the team and I am doing my best-sometimes I forget things! My goal is maintenance; I lost 50+ pounds about 20 years ago and have pretty much maintained it since then. Since I turned 40, there have been lots of tweaks-things seem to be changing! I am always trying to be as healthy as I can...with varying degrees of success! :) I am also a mom, a wife, a friend, and a teacher. I miss my students very much.
    As captain, I will post who needs to weigh in daily, etc. I will do some reflection questions about goals and habits. Share when you can, check in when you can! Some folks like to check in daily about if they were under budget, if they tracked and if they exercised! That would be great if you could, too! But if you can't-that's ok!

Since we are currently in the midst of an unprecedented event in our life time, the #1 most important thing you can do right now is...THE BEST YOU CAN. That's right. Whatever you are doing...is GOOD ENOUGH. Repeat that with me: everything you are doing right now is GOOD ENOUGH. Say it as many times as you need it. I will be reminding you of that a lot!

This is a positive space; we will encourage, we will love, we will show grace, we will rant as needed and we will simply do our very best. That will be different for everyone each day...let's all take a moment to say hello. I am so very happy you are here and I look forward to continuing our journey together. My vision is that this is a space where we all feel we can share what we feel comfortable with about our own lives, struggles, successes.
    Again, tell us a bit about yourself when you can-and, WELCOME!

@mcfc_katie
    @lacatgirl
    @miss_fit_ellie
    @Kenyaa3
    @tuddy315
    @craigo3154
    @GLouis4
    @inshapeCK
    @Mscrtyler
    @Tickie99
    @Colleen790
    @flourchild225
    @Kaj848
    @fe452436
    @Hsurbhi
    @Lindewey
    @Swauters
    @zengen09
    @allietuge
    @Matthewsfive
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Good morning! It's Monday!
    Today, we are looking for weigh in's from:
    @lacatgirl
    @miss_fit_ellie
    I also missed @mcfc_katie yesterday so please weigh in when you can. Thanks!
    Please post using this template:

Username
    April Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Quick intro.

I am a 51yo 5"9' (175cm) happily married father of one in Australia. I have been involved with TBL for a couple of years and am one of the administrators of the challenge.

In Jan 2017, I started at over 200 lbs. By Dec 2017 I was under 150 lbs. I learned A LOT about weight loss along the way and am happy to help people discover the way that is right for them as to how to lose weight.

I have maintained a sub 150 lbs weight for over 2 years. Currently under 140 lbs (so BMI near 20). I should not be losing more weight, this is why I moved to a coach role instead of remaining as competitor.

I am also a member of the UAC challenge. As such I will post a daily status on how I am going. UAC requests you track everything to eat, remain in you own set budget and do at least 20 mins activity a day. This is a great way to remain consistent in weight management.

Look forward to seeing comments and discussion from people here this month.

(last note: I also am struggling with mental health issues (mainly depression). I am actively being treated for it. Depression is not "sadness", in actual fact I rarely feel "sad". My depression presents mainly as disconnectedness. Do not be alarmed if you see reference to depression on this on any of my posts.)

Craig.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 30
    Exercised: Yes (7.5 km walk in 65 mins - hills)
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

Challenging walk, becoming my normal. This walk has 3 steep hills in it. My usual pace is on the 5km walk is normally under 8 min per km (210m elevation change). With the hills, on the 7.5 km walk, I need to push hard to break 9 min per km (350m elevation change). To give an indication of scale, the Eiffel tower in Paris is 324m from base to it's tip.
  • mcfc_katie
    mcfc_katie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    mcfc_katie
    April week 1
    PW 191
    CW 193

Tough week! Feeling like I'm back on it now so hopefully losses only 😊
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    March 30
    Good morning from Wisconsin and thank you for accepting me into your team.

I am a 48 year old wife and mother of 3 adults-2 still live with us. I also have an autistic 6 year old grandson that lives with us every other week from Wednesday- Wednesday. For example... we get him this Wednesday at 5 and he stays with us until next Wednesday at 5 when he goes to his mom's house.

I work in special education in a public school and this is our first week teaching everyone online due to our Coronavirus stay-at-home order, so that is a bit stressful.

Last year I was part of Team Big Butt Theory and lost over 40 lbs but stalled for a while so I dropped out. Since the beginning of February and the great unknown of work, money, and school my weight is going back up. I have gained almost 15 pounds! I eat when I am bored or stressed and hope that this brings back some accountability for me.

I can't wait to get to know everyone here!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    March 30
    Good morning from Wisconsin and thank you for accepting me into your team.

I am a 48 year old wife and mother of 3 adults-2 still live with us. I also have an autistic 6 year old grandson that lives with us every other week from Wednesday- Wednesday. For example... we get him this Wednesday at 5 and he stays with us until next Wednesday at 5 when he goes to his mom's house.

I work in special education in a public school and this is our first week teaching everyone online due to our Coronavirus stay-at-home order, so that is a bit stressful.

Last year I was part of Team Big Butt Theory and lost over 40 lbs but stalled for a while so I dropped out. Since the beginning of February and the great unknown of work, money, and school my weight is going back up. I have gained almost 15 pounds! I eat when I am bored or stressed and hope that this brings back some accountability for me.

I can't wait to get to know everyone here!

Welcome! So glad you're here. It sounds like you have a lot going on at home; I am glad this can be a safe space for you to keep getting healthy! I am in week 3 of e learning and it does get easier! :)
  • miss_fit_ellie
    edited March 2020
    Options
    miss_fit_ellie
    Monday
    PW 225
    CW 222

Loss of 3lbs and I'm happy with that 😁
    Good luck everyone!

• craigo3154
    Options
    March 31
    Exercised: Yes (7.5 km walk in 65 mins - hills)

OK walk today. OK day. Not much else to report.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,336 Member
    Options
    tuddy315
    April Week 1
    PW: 208.6
    CW: 208.2
  • miss_fit_ellie
    Options
    Hi all!
    My name is Ellie. I'm married and mum to 3 lovely boys 15, 14 and 11 year olds.
    It's my first week in MFP and I'm doing well. I lost 3lbs my first week, woop! Woop!

I'm following low carb diet. I'm just looking forward meeting you all and kick this fat to the kerb 😁
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I had lots going on towards the end of February so I took March off. Now I'm ready to join my team again. Can I just jump back in?

I was in Gutbusters in 2018, lost 36 pounds. Then had a very tough 2019 and gained 25 pounds back🙁 i joined Gutbusters again in January and February 2020 but couldnt focus on my health as much I wanted to so I took March off to meditate and regroup. During March I recommitted myself to my goals:
    *Go to bed at midnight at the latest,
    *Drink 10-12 cups of water,
    *Eat 2 or 3 meals and no snacks
    *Follow a low-carb diet with minimum processed and packaged foods
    *do not exceed 45g net carbs per day
    *macro goal is -roughly- 25%carbs, 25%protein, 50%fat. I have been playing with the macros to see what works for me. I adjust them as needed.
    *keep A1C below 5.5 (I have type 2 diabetes)
    *Walk 2-3 times a week
    *Do low impact workout 2-3 times a week
    *try to create healthy bowel movements (lifetime sufferer of constipation)

I'm down 5lbs since March 9th and currently at 176.9.

I have an 11-year-old son with a serious lung and heart condition, along with other health issues. I live at a very high stress level. I quit working 5 years ago to take care of him, to homeschool him, and just to be with him. During the flu season, we live completely isolated and I can only go out when his home nurse comes, or on weekends when my husband is at home. Well, his nurse quit in the beginning of March and then Coronavirus kicked in. So we are stuck at home. I go out for walks on weekends although weather has been cold and humid. Right now it is snowing!

Despite the challenges, I am determined to get healthier. I need to be in good health to take care of my kiddo!

Good luck to all Gutbusters!
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in day is Monday. I am not sure if I should wait until next Monday (first Monday of the month?) or post for yesterday?

I'll go ahead and post for yesterday.

Metubal for March 30
    April week 1
    PW: 178.6
    CW: 176.9
  • craigo3154
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I had lots going on towards the end of February so I took March off. Now I'm ready to join my team again. Can I just jump back in?
    @metubal. Happy to have you back.
    metubal wrote: »
    I was in Gutbusters in 2018, lost 36 pounds. Then had a very tough 2019 and gained 25 pounds back🙁 i joined Gutbusters again in January and February 2020 but couldnt focus on my health as much I wanted to so I took March off to meditate and regroup. During March I recommitted myself to my goals:
    *Go to bed at midnight at the latest,
    *Drink 10-12 cups of water,
    *Eat 2 or 3 meals and no snacks
    *Follow a low-carb diet with minimum processed and packaged foods
    *do not exceed 45g net carbs per day
    *macro goal is -roughly- 25%carbs, 25%protein, 50%fat. I have been playing with the macros to see what works for me. I adjust them as needed.
    *keep A1C below 5.5 (I have type 2 diabetes)
    *Walk 2-3 times a week
    *Do low impact workout 2-3 times a week
    *try to create healthy bowel movements (lifetime sufferer of constipation)

I'm down 5lbs since March 9th and currently at 176.9.

I have an 11-year-old son with a serious lung and heart condition, along with other health issues. I live at a very high stress level. I quit working 5 years ago to take care of him, to homeschool him, and just to be with him. During the flu season, we live completely isolated and I can only go out when his home nurse comes, or on weekends when my husband is at home. Well, his nurse quit in the beginning of March and then Coronavirus kicked in. So we are stuck at home. I go out for walks on weekends although weather has been cold and humid. Right now it is snowing!

Despite the challenges, I am determined to get healthier. I need to be in good health to take care of my kiddo!

Good luck to all Gutbusters!
    @metubal. Your plan is excellent. There is nothing in there that cannot become a lifetime habit to keep you at a healthy weight (and keep the diabetes under control).

Now just to make it so ingrained as habit so that it is more the norm than the exception.

Welcome back.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    TUESDAY:
    Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:
    @Kenyaa3
    @tuddy315 got it!
    Please post using this template:
    Username
    April Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • craigo3154
    edited April 2020
    Options
    craigo3154
    April Week 1
    PW: 136.0 (61.7kg)
    CW: 136.5 (61.9kg)

Been under 62kg for all days in the last week. Small fluctuations are normal.

I have been pretty consistent all week, so surprised it has not gone down.

Actually one of the possible side effects of the medication I am on is weight gain. But I have not seen that yet (probably a good thing). One thing I have noticed is my resting heart rate went up and has not fully gone back down yet. Also my sleep is not as good.
  • craigo3154
    edited April 2020
    Options
    April 1
    Exercised: Yes (7.5 km walk in 64 mins - hills)

OK walk again today. OK day.

Managed a short walk with my wife too. She has asked for me to help her get out daily for a walk over the the next 6 months while all the COVID measures are in place.
  • Tickie99
    Tickie99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tickie99
    April Week 1
    PW: 170.0
    CW: 171.1
This discussion has been closed.