CW: 167.7
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    April 1
    Weight 177.7 (constipated, day 3🙄)
    Calories: tracked and under
    Exercise: deep house cleaning for 1 hour
    Net carbs: 54g. I went over but this happens rarely so I'm not worried. But sugar is 45g. Don't know what I did today?

I was hoping to go for a walk tomorrow morning before my husband goes to work. I just checked the weather forecast; 27-28° (minus 2-3 C) at 6am. I might just skip it😊
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    April 2
    Exercised: Yes (3 km walk in 23 mins - hills)
    Tracked: Yes
    Budget: Yes

Short walk between the rain showers.

Wife's cataract surgery went well. At home with eye patch. Comes off tomorrow to assess success. Expecting the best. Then the fun of eye drops 4 times a day (she hates anything near her eyes).

Daughter also comes home tomorrow. Will be good to have her home. Hope her week was successful. Once she is home my work really begins (will expand more on that on subsequent days).

Also got flu shot today. Heading into winter (and flu season) in Australia. Got it mainly as wife's insistence. Last thing wanted is the worst case scenario of flu at the same time as COVID (but this is HIGHLY unlikely as the current measures would limit opportunity for flu spread as well as COVID).

A lot done today, and feeling drained.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    April 1
    Net carbs: 54g. I went over but this happens rarely so I'm not worried. But sugar is 45g. Don't know what I did today?

I was hoping to go for a walk tomorrow morning before my husband goes to work. I just checked the weather forecast; 27-28° (minus 2-3 C) at 6am. I might just skip it😊

Tell us if you go! I always end up being glad I did a walk in the cold...once I get going! :)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    THURSDAY:
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:
    @Kaj848
    @peacekeace
    @Colleen79
    @flourchild225
    Please post using this template:
    Username
    April Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • flourchild225
    flourchild225 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    flourchild225
    April Week 1
    PW: 131.4
    CW: 131.6

Dissapointed, but I'm here to keep trying. I've been in total isolation the past two weeks. Not easy, and the sadness, depression is definitely starting to settle in.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    flourchild225
    April Week 1
    PW: 131.4
    CW: 131.6

Dissapointed, but I'm here to keep trying. I've been in total isolation the past two weeks. Not easy, and the sadness, depression is definitely starting to settle in.

@flourchild225. It's hard at the moment with the isolation. Try find ways to connect with friends and family online (video chat). Try also get a regular schedule or routine going.

These are tough times.

Lastly, 0.2 lbs in a week is not a lot, you vary by more than 2 lbs in a day (just due to water). It takes a lot of readings to get a meaningful value on weight. I weight daily to get a weekly trend line, instead of focusing on individual weights.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    COLLEEN790
    APRIL WEEK 1
    Husband had surgery on Monday and have bronchitis, so have been stress eating. Try one to get back on track logging food. Can't exercise until over this.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    COLLEEN790
    APRIL WEEK 1
    Husband had surgery on Monday and have bronchitis, so have been stress eating. Try one to get back on track logging food. Can't exercise until over this.

@Colleen790. Completely understand. Hard to do much with bronchitis. Stress eating is understandable too.

Stress eating is often because you have not learned other strategies to deal with stress. A lot find comfort in food. Most important thing here is to not thing badly of yourself because you eat to cope with stress. Stress over this will just make you more stressed and thereby likely eat more of what you shouldn't.

Reward yourself if you manage to resist stress eating.

Also reward yourself if you consciously think about and try to resist stress eating (irrespective of whether you are successful). Only by tying can you eventually succeed. Success on every attempt is nearly impossible as you learn and discover new methods. So reward the process more than the result.

Logging food will help as you will start to see patterns of when and what you eat.

Treat yourself gently and get well as soon as possible. Not only for you, but your husband.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    COLLEEN790
    APRIL WEEK 1

@Colleen790. Completely understand. Hard to do much with bronchitis. Stress eating is understandable too.

Stress eating is often because you have not learned other strategies to deal with stress. A lot find comfort in food. Most important thing here is to not thing badly of yourself because you eat to cope with stress. Stress over this will just make you more stressed and thereby likely eat more of what you shouldn't.

Reward yourself if you manage to resist stress eating.

Also reward yourself if you consciously think about and try to resist stress eating (irrespective of whether you are successful). Only by tying can you eventually succeed. Success on every attempt is nearly impossible as you learn and discover new methods. So reward the process more than the result.

Logging food will help as you will start to see patterns of when and what you eat.

Treat yourself gently and get well as soon as possible. Not only for you, but your husband.

Thanks Craigo. Great advice. I was tempted to opt out this month but realise I may end up gaining more weight. At least this way I feel I need to make the effort.
  • metubal
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    April 1

Tell us if you go! I always end up being glad I did a walk in the cold...once I get going! :)

Well, it snowed:( I didnt feel like getting out at all. Soon, hopefully.
  • metubal
    Options
    April 2

Weight 175.8 (psyllium husk worked:))
    Exercise: deep house cleaning for 4 hours (including scrubbing floors, sheesh)
    Net carbs: 63. Second day in a row I'm going over my goal. Still not worried. Had oatmeal for breakfast, first time in 2 years:)

This week is technically our "spring break" in our homeschool. My son wanted more time on his phone, watching and making YouTube videos all week. He came out to the backyard only once, to feed the chickens. But it's been so cold, I dont blame him, brrrr. Next week will be in the upper 50s (14-15 C) and hopefully we'll go for a hike. He walks for about 10 minutes, then gets short of breath and needs to rest. Sometimes I bring his wheelchair, I'm still trying to learn how to use it. It is a hybrid chair with a joystick for him to control it. We keep getting stuck in the mud🙄 Mud will be gone soon, right?

• craigo3154
    Options
    April 3
    Exercised: No

Rain when intending on walking. No energy/motivation for bodyweight.

Wife's cataract surgery successful. Can see quite well out of corrected eye. Colors much more vibrant. Needs sunglasses as very light sensitive still.

Daughter now home from care. Had been a good week for her. Likely to have weeks away again in future. Finally found a mental health carer familiar with her condition.
  • zengen09
    zengen09 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    zengen09
    April Week 1
    PW: 229.7
    CW: 225.8
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    zengen09 wrote: »
    zengen09
    April Week 1
    PW: 229.7
    CW: 225.8

Awesome
  • craigo3154
    Options
    April 4
    Exercised: Yes (3km in 24 mins - hills)

Short walk before dinner. Dodged the rain.

Slightly better day today. Insomnia is not fun though (only 5 hours sleep).
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kaj848
    April Week 1
    PW: 159.2
    CW: 158.6

I’m a few days late on this!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    zengen09 wrote: »