SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    I have made the call to switch to maintenance during the mini-quarantine. My diet has to fit the foods I can buy (and feed my family as sitting down to dinner together is important) and my exercise will be more weights based. I already passed my original goal weight so a few weeks of maintenance won't hurt. I still have to run my marathon so once normality returns I will be back on track (literally!).
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Many happy return for Adeline @Beka3695
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW: 158.0
    CW: 158.0

It seems I cant move this weight off; I will definitely trying to get more walks in since I'm working from home, I started yesterday and I may even pull out my treadmill even though my knee won't like it
    It was 2 years ago today I had my right knee arthroscopic surgery to scrape out the arthritis on the inside of the knee in addition to resetting the knee....its been a long road and still deal with swelling from time to time....
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Neat idea for today - when I am sitting down I do 10 half squats before I plonk mu butt in the chair.

I will do this point forward
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am so sore from my run the day before yesterday - it is amazing how out of shape I got so quickly!

My goals for today!

Log my food
    Clean my pup's ears (they need it!)
    Complete 1 load of laundry
    30 minutes of yoga (following a youtube video)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Hi team!!! I’ve had a good last couple days. Well, good as far as staying in calories, but haven’t been eating the most nutritious foods. Tiny ice creams have been sneaking in. Still no alcohol!!! Yay me!!!!

Corona cope: my mother has not left her house in a week. This is a major victory. She is making a list for me to shop for this weekend. Today is my daughter’s 18th birthday. She is coping better than expected.

I’m thinking she and Cody (@Boehle’s son) needs this shirt
    bb52kh4q7n0u.jpeg
  • TwinMomma2019
    TwinMomma2019 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Pamela_Sue wrote: »
    Pamela_Sue

Monday weigh in:
    PW: 235
    CW: 237.5

SO sorry, I totally forgot to send in my numbers this week. One again, I am heading in the wrong direction. But I'm still here and still not giving up.

Better late than never! You've got this!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW: 158.0
    CW: 158.0

It seems I cant move this weight off; I will definitely trying to get more walks in since I'm working from home, I started yesterday and I may even pull out my treadmill even though my knee won't like it
    It was 2 years ago today I had my right knee arthroscopic surgery to scrape out the arthritis on the inside of the knee in addition to resetting the knee....its been a long road and still deal with swelling from time to time....

Hi Fellow Cheesehead,
    Perhaps adding some (more) weights/bodyweight exercises will boost your metabolism. Are you doing any lifting or resistance bands? Muscle burns more calories, so work in some (or more if you have a good base) strength routines. There are tons of ideas on the internet, from easy to advanced. No equipment needed! You may be putting on muscle, which can slow the falling numbers on the scale. Measure yourself- maybe you're getting smaller :)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I took a sneak peek at my weight this am. It was better than I expected. Doesn't look like there will be a massive loss this week, but looks like I will keep my green streak!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo I transitioned to working from home as well. It is so difficult to stay motivated! We are all in this together though - you got this.

@Beka3695 YEAH! A little loss is better than no loss!

Goals! It help's me to post these, even though some of them are not weight-loss related.
    Progress on Yesterday's Goals

:( Log my food (only did part - it is so hard to log recipes)
    :) Clean my pup's ears (they need it!)
    :) Complete 1 load of laundry
    :) 30 minutes of yoga (following a youtube video)[/quote]

Today's Goals

Log my food - ALL of it
    1 Mile Run
    Sweep the floor and clean the bathroom
    Vote!

• ScottyTheGent
    ScottyTheGent Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fitness family hope all is well. I found a lot of at home workouts on anabolic aliens youtube channel I've started doing daily. I cant weigh in this week because I lost my debit card, and I need to buy a new scale. Looking forward to the inspiration, and motivation through our daily lives. I have a lil jokey joke to break the ice with everyone. My weakest body parts are my lower back and my booty. Women love booties too so thats my main focus for second quarter lol We are quarantined in Virginia until June, but I have hope that this trying time will pass.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I cant weigh in this week because I lost my debit card, and I need to buy a new scale.

I will roll your starting weight forward this week

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Motivation to get fit and keep a positive mind set is really difficult when we are locked away with no face-to-face support from family and friends (thanks COVID-19).

We can do this. Get up and get after it! Just think of how we want to look and feel after social distancing is over. Let's blow our friends and family away with how much progress we made while hiding away in our homes.
    7m5ezc8byon4.png

I hear ya on this.... I'm watching less tele in the evening now than I normally would because of my workout programme is filling my evenings instead. I'd love to come out the other side fitter and stronger :)

How is everyone doing?

Anyone got anything nice planned for the weekend?
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    SheilaCali wrote: »
    I'm going to post a daily photo from my daily walks around my SoCal neighborhood. For those who don't have many flowers blooming yet (shoutout those in the north), some of these are sure to bring a smile. I'm not a native Californian, so I'm not sure about the names, but there are some exotic ones for sure. "April showers bring May flowers", but in my case we're a couple of months earlier than many. Everyone keep the faith and stay well!

First up: yesterday, today, and tomorrow plant. These fragrant flowers start purple and fade to white.7aj0zacn66bq.jpg

Lovely idea. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.