Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• erin3123
    erin3123 Posts: 20 Member
    My name is Erin, I am 5'6 and I'm about 145lbs at the moment (not 100% sure, need to weight myself tomorrow). I don't have much weight to lose but I would like to lose a bit of fat. My goal weight is 126lbs as that was the weight I was before I started my binge eating issues. Luckily I am past that now but I would like to return to my previous weight. I have done OMAD in the past but not for about a year now. I am cutting my eating window by 1 hour every day until I reach OMAD (6 hour window tomorrow). I will be having my OMAD as my evening meal.
  • erin3123
    erin3123 Posts: 20 Member
    also I have just made my account now so looking for friends if anyone would like to add me :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome Erin
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome Erin!!!
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Name: shanteel612
    Weight: 178
    Height: 5'4
    Goal: 150
    OMAD 4-8PM

I started my weight-loss journey in May of 2019 by doing calorie counting and 16:8 intermittent fasting. I lost 35 times during this time. By June I had gotten kind of tired of calorie counting and gave it a break. Between July and December I only gained a few pounds but I decided to get serious again in January. Started to count calories but I just was not feeling it and decided I needed to go back to intermittent fasting. But this time I decided I was going to do 20:4 without doing any calorie counting. I have been ask them for close to two months and it is going very well. I have not lost that much weight but I can see you a lot of changes happening. I just joined the group yesterday and I'm excited about being part of a community where we all have the same healthy focus.
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I started IF and CICO October 1st I lost 50 pounds in 2019 and I’m down 30 pounds since 1/1/20. I would like some IF and OMAD people on my friends list.
    Please add me.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I started IF and CICO October 1st I lost 50 pounds in 2019 and I’m down 30 pounds since 1/1/20. I would like some IF and OMAD people on my friends list.
    Please add me.

Posted before I figured it all out. :-(

Name Luckee_me
    Weight 269
    Height 5’9”
    Goal weight 199 to start.
    OMAD 2pm-5pm
    Hi all, started IF 20:4 on 10/1/19 didn’t weigh myself then but know I was between 350-325 (man those are big numbers) weighed on 1/1/20 and was 299. Still trying to watch calories in vs calories out but if my meal is over I don’t stress it. The freedom from having to plan out eating 3 meals and 2 snacks has totally changed my way of thinking about food, by that I mean I do f think about food all day. I just drink my tea and plenty of water until it’s time for my meal. Which I enjoy with no guilt.
    I’m glad I found this group and hope to learn from you all on this journey.
    Thanks for reading.

• LadyBlanks
    Welcome to the group and to OMAD.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome!!!!
  • Luckee_me
    Thanks everyone.
  • Luckee_me
    First time since I’ve been doing taxes I’ve lost weight during tax season!!
    31.6 pounds since January 1!!
    The tax office snack game is fierce but I overcame it!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hey! :-)
  • coeliac1121
    coeliac1121 Posts: 2 Member
    My name is Lara and i'm a 25 year old female.
    My weight is currently 160lb
    My goal weight is 140lb
    Height is 5ft 6.5
    OMAD around 8pm due to Ramadan.

Now i lost weight 2 years ago very drastically down to 135lb and was on the side of an eating disorder (purging etc) and continously weighing myself several times a day. I lost most of the hair on my head due to such extreme weight loss regimes and was also then diagnosed with coeliac disease.
    Now my hair has started to fill in since following a gluten free diet and since all my vitamin deficiencies (Vit D, Vit B12, Iron, folic acid) were corrected. But the downside was i started putting weight on and got to 168lb. I started restricting calories and i am now down to 160lb.
    I started OMAD just two days ago as Ramadan started so thought to try OMAD.
    Now this may sound weird but for some reason i haven't had a bowel movement since 3 days even though i'm drinking 2 litres of water and only salad and chicken for my meal. I was considering having a gluten containing meal even though i shouldn't due to coeliac disease but just to get my intestine triggered. I weighed myself for the last three days and no change in my weight so i'm linking this i guess to no bowel movement.

Any ideas please they will be really appreciated. Thank you.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    My goal weight is 140lb
    Height is 5ft 6.5

Now i lost weight 2 years ago very drastically down to 135lb and was on the side of an eating disorder (purging etc) and continously weighing myself several times a day. I lost most of the hair on my head due to such extreme weight loss regimes and was also then diagnosed with coeliac disease.
    Now my hair has started to fill in since following a gluten free diet and since all my vitamin deficiencies (Vit D, Vit B12, Iron, folic acid) were corrected. But the downside was i started putting weight on and got to 168lb. I started restricting calories and i am now down to 160lb.
    Now this may sound weird but for some reason i haven't had a bowel movement since 3 days even though i'm drinking 2 litres of water and only salad and chicken for my meal. I was considering having a gluten containing meal even though i shouldn't due to coeliac disease but just to get my intestine triggered. I weighed myself for the last three days and no change in my weight so i'm linking this i guess to no bowel movement.

Hi,

Start your own threat and keep us abreast of your progress. In the meantime, let me say WELCOME and don't fall back into past habits. Stay the course with OMAD and use supplements to not allow yourself to fall back into deficiencies and you should be fine. Reach out to me if you desire specialized coaching.

There is a lot of support here. Use it.

-Joe
  • coeliac1121
    coeliac1121 Posts: 2 Member
    My goal weight is 140lb
    Height is 5ft 6.5

Hi,

Start your own threat and keep us abreast of your progress. In the meantime, let me say WELCOME and don't fall back into past habits. Stay the course with OMAD and use supplements to not allow yourself to fall back into deficiencies and you should be fine. Reach out to me if you desire specialized coaching.

There is a lot of support here. Use it.

-Joe

Thank you so much and i will reach out to you too. Thanks again :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome!
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome Lara, Please do start a thread. This is a great group full of encouragement and support.
  • Dirk_Splang
    Dirk_Splang Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Jamie and a 44 year old male.
    My current weight is 377 lbs.
    My current height is 6'1"

I struggle with still liking the junk food that is appealing at first but after you have it, you don't feel as good. I also struggle with the occasional binge. My wife is also a bit overweight but we're not quite on the same page with weight loss. She still likes her occasional snacks, treats and desserts so she will still have those in the house. It is a temptation and it's tough at times not to join her in having those.

I'd like to get back to the 200-220 lbs. range again.

I started OMAD when I first discovered Joe's videos around the end of August last year. I thought "Hey I can do that!" I started and hoped I wouldn't see me lose interest or not see results but I was surprised to actually be effective and I was losing weight. There was the honeymoon time, plateaus and those stinkin' holidays that can derail a bit :smile: . But I kept going and I'm still seeing results.

I was around 445 when I started and like I mentioned above, I am now 377. I can't complain about that.