jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Welcome to OMAD Miranda. Great start!

Thank you!
  • Alain201800
    Alain201800 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi,
    my name is Alain,
    39, I'm 5 7,
    After viewing a video on YouTube about a guy that lost a 100 pounds in 1 year it inspired me.
    So i started intermittent fasting eating twice a day 8/16, on December 28 2017, i was 251 pounds,

Around January 20 after looking on YouTube i started Omad,
    Omad time 2pm before going to work.
    As of today i lost 37 pounds in 59 days, current weight: 214 pounds.
    i workout 2 hours per days 5 days a week from 11:30 pm to 1:30 pm, cardio, rowing machine, weight lifting and swimming,
    my goal is to reach 154 pounds, at the rate i'm going should achieve it this summer.

I stumbled on your YouTube channel a week ago and really liked it and subscribed, Omad revolution!

I really like the Omad life style and sticking to it, but i think i'm losing weight too fast ,in the last 3 days i lost 4.6 pounds,

Should it be a concern for me to lose weight this fast ?
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hi,
    my name is Alain,
    39, I'm 5 7,
    After viewing a video on YouTube about a guy that lost a 100 pounds in 1 year it inspired me.
    So i started intermittent fasting eating twice a day 8/16, on December 28 2017, i was 251 pounds,

Around January 20 after looking on YouTube i started Omad,
    Omad time 2pm before going to work.
    As of today i lost 37 pounds in 59 days, current weight: 214 pounds.
    i workout 2 hours per days 5 days a week from 11:30 pm to 1:30 pm, cardio, rowing machine, weight lifting and swimming,
    my goal is to reach 154 pounds, at the rate i'm going should achieve it this summer.

I stumbled on your YouTube channel a week ago and really liked it and subscribed, Omad revolution!

I really like the Omad life style and sticking to it, but i think i'm losing weight too fast ,in the last 3 days i lost 4.6 pounds,

Should it be a concern for me to lose weight this fast ?

Hi, Alain...

I wouldn't worry. Losses will taper off. Just keep a steady course and create a progress thread so we can all be in on your journey (if you are comfortable with that).

-Joe
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Alain :)
  • I've been doing Keto for 6 weeks and want to take it to the next level. I've been IF for several and have noticed the difference it offers. I've started OMAD this week. I'm going to ease into it, OMAD 3 days and TMAD and grow from there.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome! I have been doing this for a month and have lost over 10lbs. The group here is super informative and supportive! Hope you do well with your journey! For me, it has been such an easy WOE!
    Good luck!
  • Alain201800
    Alain201800 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for your reply,
  • Brendalea69
    I've been doing Keto for 6 weeks and want to take it to the next level. I've been IF for several and have noticed the difference it offers. I've started OMAD this week. I'm going to ease into it, OMAD 3 days and TMAD and grow from there.

Welcome and good luck!!! :)
  • neilp62
    neilp62 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I’m Neil. 55, 5’9-1/2”, 252 lbs. Did keto, some success at first, supplemented with psyllium husk, hit a wall, gave myself permission to overeat fat because “calories don’t matter”. All came to a head past Christmas, binge eating, serious diarrhea, started passing blood. Found the book “Fiber Menace” learned I was hurting myself with excess fiber. Focused on gut health, make kefir. Stumbled onto OMAD Revolution on YouTube. Everything Joe said made sense, I felt like he was talking directly with me. I especially appreciate how Joe emphasizes we need to be productive people when choosing our eat times. I chose noontime. Goal weight for now is 210-225, adjust down as I go. Here I am, the rest is history. Thanks so much, Neil.

P.S. after much thought I realize my biggest problem is not keeping promises made to myself. This is a public declaration that ends here & now!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome Neil!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome! Best of luck on your new WOE!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome Neil.
    You made a public declaration, we're going to hold you to it!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Alright, Neil--welcome! Time to knock this out!
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Neil :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Welcome all!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Welcome everyone! I've only been doing OMAD for about 3 weeks, but this group is super supportive. You'll love it.
  • dguilbeau
    dguilbeau Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, my name is Deborah. It's funny that my whole life I ate OMAD and everyone always told me how bad it was for me. I was ruining my metabolism, starving myself, blah blah blah. But I always felt that was the way to eat for me. My sister remembers me as always being skinny but eating huge plates of food at dinner. Fast forward past Menopause and I am now struggling to get the menopause gain off. I weigh 170 but want to get down to 125. Shoot - I would be happy with 135! I got up to 198 and got 30 lbs off by eating Keto meals. 5'3" tall and am tired of being fat!!! It really is quite liberating to not have to meal prep everyday. I can just waltz out of the house without taking anything with me and know that I will be home in so many hours to eat a Keto dinner. Everyone else is lugging bags around with them so they can eat during the day! What am I going to eat for breakfast? Don't have to answer that. What am I going to eat for lunch? Don't have to answer that. What am I going to eat for dinner? I don't know but I do know that it's going to be darn good. I work out 3 times a week Kickboxing. And walk a lot. So here goes.....another journey.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    dguilbeau wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Deborah. It's funny that my whole life I ate OMAD and everyone always told me how bad it was for me. I was ruining my metabolism, starving myself, blah blah blah. But I always felt that was the way to eat for me. My sister remembers me as always being skinny but eating huge plates of food at dinner. Fast forward past Menopause and I am now struggling to get the menopause gain off. I weigh 170 but want to get down to 125. Shoot - I would be happy with 135! I got up to 198 and got 30 lbs off by eating Keto meals. 5'3" tall and am tired of being fat!!! It really is quite liberating to not have to meal prep everyday. I can just waltz out of the house without taking anything with me and know that I will be home in so many hours to eat a Keto dinner. Everyone else is lugging bags around with them so they can eat during the day! What am I going to eat for breakfast? Don't have to answer that. What am I going to eat for lunch? Don't have to answer that. What am I going to eat for dinner? I don't know but I do know that it's going to be darn good. I work out 3 times a week Kickboxing. And walk a lot. So here goes.....another journey.

Welcome Deborah! OMAD is a great WOE and this group is fantastic :) Good luck on your journey <3
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome Doborah
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome to OMAD Deborah :)