edited March 2021
    ...your name or preferred username
    Stephen
    ...your weight
    260.8 pounds
    ...your height
    6ft 1inches
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    Late night binging when I get up to take care of my one year old. Extreme sleep apnea. Out of breath constantly. Poor self image. Clothes don't fit. Low energy. Lethargy and blood sugar crashing after meals. Extreme sweating while sleeping. Not being able to play with my kids like I want. Not feeling attractive to my spouse.
    ...your goal weight range
    190-195lbs
    ...the time of your OMAD
    7pm-8pm
    ...and your OMAD start date.
    3-24-21

I'm tired of not being in control and having other diets work until they don't like keto. I just want change and I'm ready.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Awesome! Sounds like you are ready Start a progress threat and let's do this!
  • zinevmenenko5546
    zinevmenenko5546 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2021
    name: Zina
    current weight: 73 kg
    height: 169 cm
    struggles: lack of self control, doubt
    goal weight: 60 kg
    time of omad: 13:00-15:00
    start date: tried a year ago, but didn't stick to it

Hi
    My name is Zina. I have a story too. My problems started when I was in my 6th grade at school. At that time I started eating a lot (at that time I spent much time with my grandparents, my mom says my grandmother wanted me to eat more. She was a child of war and was starving being a kid, so best kid for her was a full kid)) I started dieting but it was never for good. I lost and gained, lost and gained. It was ok for me for some time, I didn't suffer a lot, my weight was not huge at that time and I hope it won't be. I weighed 65 kg, dreaming about 61. Long story short, I counted calories, had juice cleansings, 6 months I ate only fruits, had periods of water fasting and dry fasting, learnt different techniques how I can do it) What I have now is 73 kg and not much intention to change anything. I would say I don't have a will power, but I do. I understand that I do, looking back at what I did. But now there is hardly anything that can make me be faithful to my words. I thought that if I said it out loud that I would fast I would do it, but it worked once. Sometimes I think I've spent my whole will of power for the things that I did before, like fasting, cleansing. I was so motivated and wanted to better myself, be happier, cleaner etc. Now I realize my main problem is the size of portion and binging. this IS a struggle. Real struggle. It's easier to not eat than eat in moderation, I can tell from experience. I clearly understand it's a psychological problem, but I have no idea how I can cope with it if not by will power. Which is where I don't know. Almost every evening I make up my mind to live a better life and beat my addiction, but next day the time comes when my demons speak louder than my soul and I cave in. Sorry for this pessimistic letter, but I really felt like writing it here just for myself. May be it will help me may be not, but I want to use anything, any help in this struggle, because I don't want to give up and I believe, in the end, that I will cope with it. Sooner or later, I will end up on the shield. I don't know how much kg I need to gain to start loathing my lack of moral strength. If loath could help me ... which I doubt. Anyway, there is the only way I can see for myself now - omad and moderate portion. I've tried several times, some days were successful, some not. But this is the only way so I will try again until I succeed.

PS: these words should come first, but still thank you very much Joe for your videos. They are honest and on point. BTW I'm from Russia and you not smiling will be very welcomed here, cause that's the way we roll :D
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited April 2021
    Zina - WELCOME!!! I'm the SAME WAY, it's MUCH easier for me to just NOT eat than to eat in moderation - and because I've learned that about myself, I structure my days/weeks to fit that!!! It's already an uphill battle, there's no need to try to make EXACT OMAD work for you when a modified version would be easier, more sustainable for YOU, and more effective <3

Go catch up on my thread (it's long, sorry) and you'll see that almost my WHOLE journey I did modified OMAD because of that exact thing!!! I'd MUCH rather do 2 full fasting days a week and have a little more wiggle room on the weekends!!! But you've gotta tinker and find out not only what you LIKE but also what WORKS for your body <3

You've got this!!!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    I love your name Zina <3 I look forward to reading your progress. A routine that becomes a habit will supersede any temptations. Soon you will just be on autopilot to success.
  • zinevmenenko5546
    Zina - WELCOME!!! I'm the SAME WAY, it's MUCH easier for me to just NOT eat than to eat in moderation - and because I've learned that about myself, I structure my days/weeks to fit that!!! It's already an uphill battle, there's no need to try to make EXACT OMAD work for you when a modified version would be easier, more sustainable for YOU, and more effective <3

Go catch up on my thread (it's long, sorry) and you'll see that almost my WHOLE journey I did modified OMAD because of that exact thing!!! I'd MUCH rather do 2 full fasting days a week and have a little more wiggle room on the weekends!!! But you've gotta tinker and find out not only what you LIKE but also what WORKS for your body <3

You've got this!!!

Hello! thank you very much for your support) could you please tell me where I can find your thread? I'm new on the platform ..)
  • zinevmenenko5546
    katjustkat wrote: »
    I love your name Zina <3 I look forward to reading your progress. A routine that becomes a habit will supersede any temptations. Soon you will just be on autopilot to success.

Thank you for support)
  • mistymeadows2005

You've got this!!!

Hello! thank you very much for your support) could you please tell me where I can find your thread? I'm new on the platform ..)

Just go to the page where you found this thread and scroll down 😊 it's called Stephs OMAD Accountability thread....youll see everyone's threads, feel free to make one so we can follow your progress
  • zinevmenenko5546

You've got this!!!

Just go to the page where you found this thread and scroll down 😊 it's called Stephs OMAD Accountability thread....youll see everyone's threads, feel free to make one so we can follow your progress

Thanks!)
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi, I’m Rowley and I am so happy to find a group who are following OMAD style.

Weight 221.3
    GW. 140.0
    Height. 5’7”
    Time of OMAD - 6pm -7pm
    OMAD Start date: Monday, Apr 19/21
    Weaknesses. Night-time binge eating, candy, potato chips, cookies, wine

Hi all, I tried to follow Keto a few months ago but found it too hard to keep away from bread and limited choices. I did try OMAD and found it much better for me. I fell of though during Covid and using the excuse to eat loads and just hang out in track pants and tee’s.
    I am really trying to follow the OMAD path this time as I just cant deal with myself. I’m a female, 63 and finding aches and pains are more prevalent with all this additional weight. I’ve also started doing yoga and are planning on doing it for 5 days a week.
    I would really appreciate some like-minded friends to help me and who I can help - especially through the weak times.
    I’m usually good and committed for the first two weeks and then my resolve weakens. Am trying to prepare for that mentally now and hoping I can fight my way through it.

I’m now going to go back and read through some of your messages as I find them the best inspiration. I also check in with Dr. Jason Fung and a couple of others on YouTube to inspire me.
    Looking forward to sharing the journey and hopefully hearing from some of you.
    BTW, I’m Canadian and love to travel which is also inspiring me to lose all this weight. Hopefully by the time all these lock-downs are over and it’s safe to travel again, I’ll be a few sizes smaller.
  • katjustkat
    Hi & welcome Rowley :) Omad is a great tool in so many ways. The 23 hour fast will help get your body burning some stored fat during that calorie free 23 hours. For me, it was important to establish a routine and new habits. One thing I can't do is sit in the family room, close to the kitchen. It's too close to the food (even though I sure don't have many tempting foods in there :D ). I head out in the morning for a daily jog and that has become a non thinking routine I follow. I started drinking more water (always have it next to me) and remind myself that hunger comes in waves and goes away quickly. Make sure you get ample protein as it will help carry you through till your next meal. Start a thread on here so that we can all cheer each other on. I look forward to reading about your success :)
  • arguablysamson
    edited April 2021
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Hi & welcome Rowley :) Omad is a great tool in so many ways. The 23 hour fast will help get your body burning some stored fat during that calorie free 23 hours. For me, it was important to establish a routine and new habits. One thing I can't do is sit in the family room, close to the kitchen. It's too close to the food (even though I sure don't have many tempting foods in there :D ). I head out in the morning for a daily jog and that has become a non thinking routine I follow. I started drinking more water (always have it next to me) and remind myself that hunger comes in waves and goes away quickly. Make sure you get ample protein as it will help carry you through till your next meal. Start a thread on here so that we can all cheer each other on. I look forward to reading about your success :)

This is good advice.

Remember, Rowley, that it becomes more and more obvious in time just how much time our minds have focused on food when not fasting. The 23-hour fast is priceless in that it lays bare for us to see just how much of our time and energies have gone into consumption and desire. Now, being aware of it, we can make the change to adjust to the non-food-ism we're getting used to, realizing that we are actually changing our lives for the better long-term.
  • bonitabeach33
    I don’t know how to start a thread. Can anyone help me.
  • bonitabeach33
    Is anybody else experiencing headaches with OMAD. I very rarely get headaches but I seem to be getting regular ones over the last few days especially around lunch time. I am drinking lots of water.
  • katjustkat
    Bonitabeach33
    to create a thread: scroll down from my first pic page to the second (discussions) and hit 'create'.
    I've never had headaches on OMAD...maybe add some electrolytes...or a couple licks of salt. Or ...could be you're getting a lil less caffeine? Hope you figure it out.
    roe5lawb0blj.jpg
    nyvfjk0ng190.jpg

• arguablysamson
    edited April 2021
    Is anybody else experiencing headaches with OMAD. I very rarely get headaches but I seem to be getting regular ones over the last few days especially around lunch time. I am drinking lots of water.

They can be a part of adjustment or they might be unrelated and just now ended up being an issue for you.
  • bonitabeach33
    Well today I had a black coffee instead of Green Tea and bingo - no headache. Thanks for suggestions guys.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Welcome to all of the new OMADers! Please consider starting a thread so we can follow your journeys. This is a great group of supportive friendly people. We are glad that you are here and wish you much success in your OMAD lifestyle.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome!!!
  • bonitabeach33
    Thankyou LadyBlanks. I started a thread. It is “OMAD and Yoga”. Look forward to chatting and cheering everyone on. X