Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chelly, be patient, stick to it, and you will get there!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hello Chelly. Welcome to OMAD and the group. Both are great. Wishing you much success!!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelly,

I only started a week ago and I can tell you the first week will be a bit difficult, but stick with it. I have felt so awesome since starting!!! And I lost 3lbs my first week!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chelly... Stay the course and run the play and you'll see great rewards.. This is great group so lean on us for support!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelly! We are here for you. This is a great group- super supportive and any questions or concerns you have, we are right here. Welcome! I LOVE Omad!!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! After creeping on the forums for awhile, I've decided to finally create an account to help hold me accountable to my goals. :) Now, onto the introductory questions...!
    • You can call me Sunny!
    • I presently weigh 125 lbs.
    • I'm between 4'10" and 4'11"... I just sort of round up. ;)
    • I've never really struggled with carrying excessive weight, but I've had a hard time remaining within my healthy range ever since my father passed away. My most comfortable weight is 105, but I'm okay up to around 115. Above that, I can tell I don't feel well, and I don't like pushing my limits. I also do have PCOS, so that makes things a bit tough on my petite frame.
    • My ideal range is 105-110, but I'm okay as long as I don't stumble over 115.
    • My OMAD does vary a wee bit, but it's usually between 6:30-7:30 PM. On the weekends, it's more often between 3:30-4:30 PM.
    • I started OMAD last week (with one cheat day). I don't know if I'll need the cheats every week, but I'd like to hold onto them as a buffer!
    Phew! So, that's me! I know I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight, which is why I thought OMAD would be a feasible option for me long-term. I don't want to forever struggle with fluctuations and needing to vacillate between extreme dieting and a total carefree eating regime. I just want to feel better, eat all the things, and not have too much of my time and energy be consumed by meal planning and prep.

Thanks for any and all advice y'all can provide throughout my ongoing journey towards better health! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sunny :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Thank you so much, Brenda!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to OMAD Sunny!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Welcome Sunny! Based on your goals, OMAD is the right choice.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Welcome to OMAD Sunny!
    Thank you so much! I'm excited!

Welcome Sunny! Based on your goals, OMAD is the right choice.
    Tracey, you're a bit of a celebrity for me, so I really appreciate your warm welcome. I've read through all of your threads (before even making my own account), and I cannot say enough how much you inspired me to give OMAD a try in the first place. :) You're truly an inspiration!
  • seanjones1987
    seanjones1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am Sean, I am 6’4 and I weighed in yesterday at 375. My goal weight as of now is 250. I started omad yesterday. My meal time varies. With my work some weeks I am on overnight schedule or others I work normal days.

Overnight I wake up some time around noon. Drink coffee during the afternoon. If it’s a gym day I will have a protein shake after the workout. I go into work in the evening and I will eat my one meal when I get home around 4 or 5 in the morning.

Day time I wake up around 6am have coffee work. After work around 3 or 4 go to the gym. Then have dinner around 8 or 9.

So far I am doing fairly good. Trying to drink water when I am craving it.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I am Sean, I am 6’4 and I weighed in yesterday at 375. My goal weight as of now is 250. I started omad yesterday. My meal time varies. With my work some weeks I am on overnight schedule or others I work normal days.

Overnight I wake up some time around noon. Drink coffee during the afternoon. If it’s a gym day I will have a protein shake after the workout. I go into work in the evening and I will eat my one meal when I get home around 4 or 5 in the morning.

Day time I wake up around 6am have coffee work. After work around 3 or 4 go to the gym. Then have dinner around 8 or 9.

So far I am doing fairly good. Trying to drink water when I am craving it.

Welcome Sean! Enjoy OMAD and the journey - this a great group and we're all here to cheer you on!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sean :)
  • bandwidthbandit
    Options
    Hey Sean. Welcome to OMAD and the group! Super helpful folks here, so don't be shy if you have questions.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome all! Make a personal thread and keep us posted!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Hi, Sean! I just started a few days ago, so from one rookie to another... welcome! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Welcome Sean!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Miranda, feel free to call me that or my username. I currently weight 177.6 (down 6 pounds!). I'm 5'3". I've been struggling with my weight all of my life. I was the fat kid growing up. I was able to get down to 125 once, but dealing with medical issues with family members I used food to cope. And then the desk job after college and the scale just kept crawling up. In the process of trying to relearn what hunger feels like, I discovered I'm ok with eating once a day most days. Why not try to do it every day? I would love to get back down to 125 again, but realistically anything under 140 (considered the healthy weight range for my height) I'll be happy with. I'm not as concerned with that final number as I am with how I look and feel. The number is kind of a ballpark. I'm a big nerd, and I would love to feel more comfortable in my cosplays, or cosplay things I've been putting off because I feel like I don't have the right body type.
    I'm going to eat my meal between 5 and 7pm, depending on the day. And I guess I officially started last Monday by accident, so 2/12/18.
    Looking forward to journeying with you all.
  • bandwidthbandit
    Options
    Welcome to OMAD Miranda. Great start!