Options

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Checkin

PW: 158
    CW: 157.2

So that is a step in the right direction! Today I did stairs/hill. Stairs 3x100. Half of it I did double steps. Hill I did twice. This is about half of what I did before I hurt my achilles so it is slowly coming back. Normally I do jogging up the stairs and hill, like intervals, but still can't do that, but I'm optimistic.

I will try to do some strength training this morning, not quite sure what yet. And I'm getting a bit of cabin fever so I may go for another walk outside later. It's supposed to rain so I assume that means there won't be too many people.

Big challenge is to stay on top of calories this week bc I haven't been doing very well with it.

Take care all.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hey Team, I know that we can crush this challenge. Let's show the Fat2Fit group that Team Mission Slimpossibles has the most dedication and determination. This is going to be our week to shine! :star:B):star:

6jor6oeh41dp.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    All right everyone - a new Challenge is up!
    ozw3j46nh61m.png

Let's get going on some serious and fun strategies to rock the next week or two -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10792880/april-showers-ii-swimming-to-safety#latest

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Username: cbabie
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 143
    Todays Weight: 144.2
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Sunday Check-in:

Hey team! Not much going on today. It was gloomy and rainy all day and will go until sometime tomorrow. My online church service was good but it sure makes me miss the real thing even more. Tonight, I've been put in charge of hosting our Sunday night Zoom meeting. I've already text the pastor and told him that he better step up his game and help me with keeping the conversation going. :D I did a Pilates workout this morning and was going to walk on my treadmill but realized that my body was very tired so I skipped that. I have been working out more than usual with the lockdown, which is a good thing. Easting was right on plan today. So, that is a good thing. I'm really excited to do my all this week and I hope you are too. I want us to win the weekly weigh-in and the Green challenge. B)
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I have some Lidl water flavor sticks but most are from Walmart. I have had the True Lemon Watermelon Limeaid…soo good!!

My next run day is Tuesday so I’m hoping to see a loss. I’ll be asleep most of the day tomorrow and it’s going to run anyways.

I am kinda excited about the new dispatcher we hired. She lost a bunch of weight and works out regularly. She eats well and keeps on me about drinking my water. She always checks in on my pee color lmao which I’m proud to say has maintained a light lemonade shade :D I do feel better and seem to have more energy now that I'm staying hydrated.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Check-in - Saturday Report
    Good day 🟢nice variety of exercise, inspired by @KatMary71 and other conversations here
    I am feeling it this morning -- tired muscles.

Saturday Report
    Calories: 🟢 on target; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: 🟢 plenty; 3 Sansone miles, 3 dance videos, a HIIT workout, plus 100 min of gardening that I worked to have get me sweaty
    Water: 🟢
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🟢
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢
    Goals
    - 10K steps 🟢
    - Bonus workout video 🟢
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🟢
    - Activity Calorie Burn (stretch goal) - 1000+ 🟢 (FitRockr says 1907 total; not sure that makes sense, but I set this goal up to see if I could move up a level in FitRockr, so going to take it that yesterday's exercise was enough to have me move up)
    Sunday Goals
    - 10K steps
    - Bonus workout video (1+)
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - Activity Calorie Burn (stretch goal) - 1000+
    - Extra stretching - My thighs (quads?) cramped when I got up this morning. I am thinking I need to pay more attention to water and stretching.

Goal for week - Move up a Fitness Level in FitRockr (12 > 13) this is still doable, so looking to get moving today

Video Fun included:
    Low impact 20 minute HIIT workout ; 3 miles with Leslie Sansone's channel ( one with Leslie , one with Rocky, one with Nick); two disco videos ( You Should Be Dancing and Lady Marmalade - thank you SO Much for these @Katmary71 ); Billy Blanks 8 minute arms workout (my arms are tired today!); a 15 minute cardio dance video from Jamie Kinkeade (fun to try, though I could not always keep up; modifications happened for sure!)

@TeresaW1020 - I love your challenge!

@AustinRuadhain OK, Sadly I've done most of the ones you posted but you actually found a Body Project HIIT low impact one I haven't done, yay! Huge hug for that, I've been feeling kind of frustrated lately and now I'm excited to try that one out, the last one I did of theirs was real easy following it low impact and I didn't like it (only one I haven't liked). I really like the instructors so another one try try is great! That cardio dance one I saved and tried a little bit of before, it was when I first started doing videos so I'll give that one a go again. I'll definitely try Billy Blanks arms, I tried one of his cardio ones and he started doing jumping jacks in the beginning so I left. Love punching though! I did Les Mills Body Combat and even modifying all the jumping it's the hardest one I've done so far, my upper back was sore from all the punching! My gym (24 Hour Fitness) streams Les Mills. Here's the Body Combat I did, it's based on martial arts and the girl especially is inspiring:

https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts/season:1/videos/bodycombat-80-55-min

For those of you doing Leslie videos this is her walker Rocky, it's different than the usual walking one, don't know if I'd do it again but it was nice to do something different.

https://youtu.be/qYh6Lqk99mI

• Katmary71
    Options
    Great losses Mission Slimpossibles!

Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- Leslie Sansone 30 minutes, Rocky Island Dance Party 15 minutes, HASFit abs and cardio low impact, HASFit HIT low impact cardio, Yoga with Adriene for tired legs, foam rolling, plank
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights 3x/upper and lower- finished yesterday, no weights today aside of using with cardio
    Yoga/core- done
    Decluttering- not really though I discovered where I stashed my dehydrator and found a tin with a bunch of old herbs, turns out some of the spices are still good plus I want to use the dehydrator to make dried ginger to snack on. Have a ton of rosemary and lavender's in bloom so I'll have to decide on the next project.
    Recipe- don't know if I'll be trying anything new the next few days. I picked up a farmer's market box today and between that and shopping last week my fridge is packed with vegetables and some fruit, maybe a new vegetable recipe. It may just be throwing things together versus following a recipe, that's what I tend to do on non-recipe nights. With that box, grocery shopping, and having a few sweet potatoes I now have about 20 potatoes and I live alone!
    10,000 steps- done after exercise, at 16,000

• Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Thank you for explaining the burgers! I'm a bean/legume lover so the recipe is right up my alley though I've actually never tried making any type of burger before (get chicken sandwiches at burger restaurants or veggie burgers).

@its_cleo So glad working out is going better for you! I should try a schedule for everything too, that's a good idea. Right now I've been chunking the cardio, doing upper or lower weights, then core work, yoga, and ending with foam rolling. Each time I think of trying a new form of exercise I worry about how much longer it's going to make my routine but things like abs every day isn't necessary. I'll definitely have to do a lot of modifying once life's back to normal, there's no way I'll keep working out this long with the gym open again.

@apple852hk OK, I have to ask this because I always make my bedtime cup of herbal tea and come here to check in and drink it, what's wrong with drinking tea? I feel busted whenever I read about you cutting back! If you saw my diary you'd shake your head at all the tea I'm drinking!

Frozen berries are like having ice cream in the house for me, I kept buying it and eating the whole bag in an hour so I stopped buying them. For some reason I've done better at moderating the last couple weeks for the first time in my life and there's a small bag in the freezer right now that I haven't touched in a few days. I have some fresh fruit so I'll get through that first, but usually fill my bowl with berries and let it defrost 15 minutes then eat with a spoon (then go back and eat the rest but not doing that this time!).

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday

Day 4/20
    Weigh in : week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192
    Today’s weight: 190.4

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under : over
    Macros: off
    Exercise : 30 day TRUE yoga challenge day 1🤸🏻‍♀️

5101 steps goal 5000
    3”2.2 miles
    2284 burned calories
    24 active
    76 sleep score
    62 resting heart rate
    1446 calories consumed

Basic Goal
    Workout: 🤸🏻‍♀️
    Complete diary : 🥙
    Hydrated: 💦
    Below sugar goal: 🍭
    In fiber range: 👎🏼
    Self care:📽 ☀️ 📚
    Breathing exercise : 👎🏼
    Sleep : min 7 hours 🛌
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning team! :) Today is going to be a great day and I am ready to crush this week! I do have a planned indulgence tonight with pizza from my favorite Italian restaurant and a glass or two of red wine. Fifteen years ago my amazing DH and I met on the Internet and my life was NEVER the same. So, we celebrate this day more than our wedding anniversary, which is also another good day to have some wine! :grin: I'm going to the grocery store and the rest of the week is planned out with healthy eating. I also plan to work out a little harder and fast a little longer.

PLAN for the WEEK! Stay in the GREEN!!! Help my Team stay motivated so we crush our goals and rise to the top of the leaderboard. WE CAN DO IT!!!

zlqgl19rbmca.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo I like the chickpea blondies, my husband is meh about them yet he ate them for breakfast yesterday so what's that tell you? ;) They are easy to make. Congrats on the loss! I'm getting cabin fever, too.

@cesse47 Yay! Congratulations!!!! WOot WOot!

@TeresaW1020 Oh the pressure to be in charge of hosting the Zoom meeting! I'm sure you'll do great, though! :) Happy anniversary of meeting your hubby! I hope you enjoy the pizza and the wine.

@Katmary71 Thanks for the link to Rocky's video, I'd not seen it. I might try it, I was planning on doing a Leslie video today. re: the burgers...yes, and I reheated mine in my air fryer the next day and got it sort of crispy on the outside which was very pleasing to the taste. So, if you don't have an air fryer, I would recommend trying to get it crispy in the oven if you can. The inside won't get crispy like Boca or Morningstar burgers, it will be mushy still, but you should be able to get a sort of crisp on the outside. I hope you like them!

Hello everyone! Happy Monday. I went over last night on my points but boy was it was worth it: we were scheduled to have an on-plan meal, but when I told my husband what we were having he made a face that told me he wasn't into that so I said, "Would you rather have steak?" The little ethnic market near us sells filet mignon for $7.99 a lb, which is an incredible price. I made filet mignon with a blue cheese butter, lyonnaise purple potatoes, and macaroni and cheese. I am not negative in my points for the week, I still have weekly points, and I also still have FitPoints. I will also plan to work out most days this week to make up for this hedonistic meal.

Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: rest day
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube video of some sort, but 52+ oz of water.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I had a good weekend eating and exercise wise. My steps were not as good this week, but it has been raining and so I have been doing work out videos instead of walking. @TeresaW1020--- You are really making me smile with all your positive comments. I think you are going to lose this week! But even if you don't- make sure you take credit for all the good work you put in. @raleigh_girl Thank you so much for the quote tips!
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nbbaby
    Week 4
    Monday
    PW: 210.6
    CW: 209.5
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 yeah water is really important. It can really have an impact on performance, mood, skin.

@katmary71 yes it's hard to fit everything in. It's my biggest challenge.

@TeresaW1020 happy day you met anniversary! Sounds like a very nice dinner.

@trooworld that also sounds like a great dinner. Groceries for me the end of the week and I really want to try to come up with some nice meals.

Well- yesterday exercise on track. I did a total of 2 hours plus, different things.

-Strength training on my own. I tried a Sydney Cummings video and it was ok but I had to swap out most of the exercises, and she had mixed in cardio and core which I didn't want. So I basically did my own workout. Then I went for a walk in the evening. (Stairs were in the am).

-Today I went for a run (run/walk intervals) that was about 45 mins total. I was supposed to do some core or mobility stuff today but I feel kind of beat.

Food- was over by like 100 yesterday bc I had some ice cream. On the bright side I wanted to make a whole ice cream sundae with whipped cream, nuts, chocolate syrup, and so on, but I just stuck with the ice cream so it wasn't too bad.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Ah, a week past the job thing and I have better perspective and outlook - not perfect but I'll take progress over perfection, and less awful physical anxiety in the pit of my tummy. =>

Did dance vids in my living room today, it was amazing! I'll be doing them more, working on daily. If I can do that for 30 or so minutes and take my walks, I'll be upping the burn and continuing to give all the stress hormones a kick in the tail on oooouuuutttttaaaa HERE!! Be gone, devil! Haha, I might be crackin'.......

@trooworld and @apple852hk fantastic weigh in!!! NICE!!
    @trooworld thanks for sharing the blondie recipe, I MUST try these!
    @mlhopp93 excellent loss and a great goal to have!! =>
    @bethanie0825 your coworker sounds like a hoot and great inspiration! And I am inspired by your running - still babying the hip but it's improving and I'm excited to get back and do it! Going to take a cue from you and not do it on back to back days - even though I want to, but it's not worth being in pain and having to back off for so long.
    @mrmcgrath great weigh in, you are really doing well in the long haul!!! =>
    @Katmary71 I'm so curious now, I'm going to try your frozen berries trick. I have frozen fruit for smoothies, which I have not had in a while, but I can imagine that just having them in a bowl, half frozen would be so good! And the stash of herbs you have would make a fantastic scrub - Rosemary/Lavender/Ginger salt scrub with olive oil would be a great spring and summer scrub!!
    @trooworld SHAZAM, way to rock the weekly points with a super yummy dinner - it sounds pretty fantastic and I love the flexibility for you to have them where they count most and scale back another day
    @TeresaW1020 we also celebrate the 'meetaversary' and ours is 19Apr2009! We also celebrated with some order in calzone and wine!! We're in sync!
    @nbbaby very nice weigh in, way to go!!
    @its_cleo congrats on the great weigh in and YAY for a delicious and sane ice cream treat!! I'd rather have the scaled back version and feel good about it on a thousand different levels than one blow out and feel crummy I made the Chana Masala and it turned out great - it's on plan for tomorrow and I'll make the Sweet Potato Roti to go with it....I swear, the masala and bread combo just really does it for me. Have never made Roti before but we're forging ahead!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is well

I have been so off these last few weeks working from home and they expect another 30 days of this. Oh boy!! I keep meaning to log in but with working from home, the stress with buying my very first home and packing up what's goes to Goodwill, trash and with me has been crazy. I want to live as simple as possible. No unnecessary things. Using my VA home loan after I have been out for over 20 years. Wish I had used it back when the kids were younger but for some reason was never interested in buying. I am so over renting.
    Took a vacation day today just to reboot.

Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 15
    Monday
    PW 224.8
    TW 229

Hope everyone is well,
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 16
    Monday
    PW 229
    TW 228.2
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Week: 4
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 201
    Todays Weight: 201
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Happy Anniversary! I love your enthusiasm, gave me a big smile. Sounds like you're starting the week off real well, wtg!

@nbbaby yay, 1lb down!

@its_cleo as you can guess trying to streamline my workouts is an issue for me too! HASFit has good strength training, my weights are light but they're good at adding burn out exercises like diamond push ups to triceps and do compound exercises so even light weights do something. Their website has non-equipment workouts.

@raleighgirl09 Great idea about a body scrub! I decided to wait as the lavender is still blooming. Definitely post good dance videos! I started the day off trying to imitate the dancers on Soul Train to a favorite song then did half my cardio as dance videos. I was determined to do things that make me smile after feeling kind of down yesterday and it helped.

@wrknonmedaily Glad you're taking a vacation day, it sounds like you need it. Nice loss!

@trooworld I recommend the videos Austin posted yesterday, Body Project, Billy Blanks, and the Rocky one I did today and they were all good.

This discussion has been closed.