@hope002
    @charlottemilton
    @davors19
    @GingerPwr

u6mplcmrhkys.png

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    My internet went down right when I was about to respond to everyone so I'm going to whip this out just in case! Teresa, beautiful puzzle, I've looked at that brand before and they're gorgeous!

Sunday check-in
    Calories- under, my calorie allotment just went up 200, I could've had another cookie but just brushed my teeth! I'm going to fight this urge!
    Exercise- Leslie Sansone 3 mile with weights, Rocky 1 mile with resistant bands (and weights), Sidney Cummings hamstring and back stretch, planks, foam rolling
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga/core- done
    Weights- day off
    Recipe- made overnight oats for the first time, super easy though!
    10,000 steps- done

This was the Sidney Cummings video I did, I always do some type of back/leg stretching every day for my chronic pain, it helps a lot with my mobility. I thought this one was very good though I felt like a pretzel at a few points! Not sure if I'll keep it up or go back to my usual yoga routine, I'll try it again for sure though. Her videos are good, her foam rolling one was pretty thorough and I like her strength training ones. Cardio is good too.

https://youtu.be/ESLIVEd0ahI

• mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mlhopp93
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 339.0
    Todays Weight: 341.0

April has been a wash -- only good thing I suppose is being at home all month I'm even.
    May will be about walking and drinking water -- lots of water. Fallen into a bad habit of drinking too much Crystal Light -- not that it causes me to gain weight but I do find on days I drink water only compared to drinking Crystal Light I am less hungry on water days.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    1lki0qab7ejd.jpg

Hey, Slimpossibles!

💡 As we start this new week, the last week of April (already!?), @TeresaW1020 and I have a new challenge/invitation for you. It's called Roses, Thorns & Seeds.

🤔 Please take a few minutes to reflect on your health and fitness journey in April. The world has thrown us a few curveballs, but we are still here, and still working to get healthier together.
    • Reflect on your Roses: What has worked WELL for you made you happy in April, in terms of your working on Health & Fitness? If you're comfortable with doing so, share as many or as few items as you like here.
    • Reflect on your Thorns: What has NOT worked well for you? Again, share as many items as you'd like.
    • Reflect on your Seeds: What do you want to work on LEARNING & IMPROVING in MAY? Things you can see to work on in May? Again, share any items you are comfortable with talking about here.
    ❤️ Thanks so much for considering this invitation, and for sharing your health and fitness journey with us! This is such a wonderful team!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah I am going to be more careful when I make the pizza in the future. The Sodastream...luckily, I have a water dispenser that the bottles fit under. Did you have the electric kind of Sodastream or the non-electric kind? I bought the non-electric kind and I hate that one because I have to mash on the button really hard to get the bubbles but I'm taking it back for the electric kind. I do think it will work out. I'll look out for True Lemon products, that sounds good! I'm glad you had a good day yesterday...it sounds like a wonderful day! That anniversary present puzzle looks like it will be fun, and it's beautiful!

@Katmary71 Brushing your teeth is a great way to fight the urge!

Hello everyone. Here we are, another Monday. I hope to be more active today than I was yesterday. I did go for a walk with hubby and the dog though. I was better with the pizza yesterday at lunch (I have leftovers from dinner for lunch) and had a nice salad for dinner.

Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: Walk with hubby and the dog.
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube video, 52+ oz of water.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Day 4/27
    Weigh in : week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.2
    Today’s weight: 192.9

Spent Saturday working with cattle and Sunday, I hand washed my vehicle and cleaned the inside.

I am not sure what is going on with my weight at the moment. I don’t feel that my eating is bad and my activity has increased yet my weight is holding steady. I am ready for it to drop again.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check In
    1. Track✔
    2. Exercise ✔ 30min Eliptical
    3. Weights ✔
    4. Stretch ✔
    5. No Sugar ✔

Tiny Habits for May

1. Track Track food and blood sugar. Keep calories in the green.
    2. Exercise At least 20 min of intentional exercise
    3. Weights Go down to my workout room every day and do at least 1 set of any exercise.
    4. Stretch Any form of stretching. I've always slacked off un this area.
    No Sugar I gave up sugar for lent (40 days), was losing 1lb per week and felt great. Went back to eating sugar again and couldn't believe the decline in my health within days. I started a list of negative effects caused by sugar. Some were things I personally noticed and some were through research. I have 28 items so far and read it regularly to keep me motivated

• Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW11020 especially, check out this video at 14:15, you won't believe how ridiculous it is! Gotta love Cher's workout costume from "Turn Back Time", I feel kinda frumpy in my baggy leggings! Anyhow, I think I like Denise Austin's fake smile more than cheerleading! It wasn't a bad workout and I actually really liked the cooldown, just refuse to yell about ponies! Back to working out, I thought of you when they started cheering!
    https://youtu.be/7uR_h2ePmjM
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath, you just keep on doing what you know to do and you will see your drop that you are wanting! :)

@Jactop, wahhhooooo for being back in Onderland!! You have great habits planned for May, which will help you continue to lose. B)

@Katmary71, ohhhh my goodness!! :D I showed Cher to DH and asked me if he wanted me to get an outfit like that when I get to my goal weight. He looked a little horrified and said no. :D
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Roses - I did manage to keep up my workout routines and effort was still there. Continued to track all my diet and nutrition info whether good or bad.
    Biggest for family was last payment on our home that was very nice !!! Now for maintenance and upgrades :)

Thorns - Those dadburn carbs are getting my goat !! I've got to get back in control of what i'm eating. I miss seeing my 5 a.m. gym buddies as we feed off each other. I'm about zoomed out too !!! More of those meetings than you can shake a stick at.

Seeds - Still have my don't quit mentality and have been able to recognize my own shortcomings. I have managed to keep a pretty good attitude the last month but plan to improve on that as well. I am looking forward to May and am ready to get back on track!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    edited April 2020
    Options
    1lki0qab7ejd.jpg

Hey, Slimpossibles!

🤔 Please take a few minutes to reflect on your health and fitness journey in April. The world has thrown us a few curveballs, but we are still here, and still working to get healthier together.
    • Reflect on your Roses: What has worked WELL for you made you happy in April, in terms of your working on Health & Fitness? If you're comfortable with doing so, share as many or as few items as you like here.
    • Reflect on your Thorns: What has NOT worked well for you? Again, share as many items as you'd like.
    • Reflect on your Seeds: What do you want to work on LEARNING & IMPROVING in MAY? Things you can see to work on in May? Again, share any items you are comfortable with talking about here.

❤️ Thanks so much for considering this invitation, and for sharing your health and fitness journey with us! This is such a wonderful team!

I agree that this is really is a wonderful team and you are an amazing motivator!! <3

Roses:
    • Workouts-I keep track of my workouts and I am very pleased to see that I have done something every day this month except for one day. Now, not every day has been a major workout but it was a least a walk on the treadmill or a light workout with my weights.
    • Sleep- I've stuck to my normal sleep hours and I really believe that my working out has helped me have better sleep and wayyy less back pain.
    • Fasting: This month I stopped putting any heavy cream in my coffee and went to straight black during my fasting hours. I know the importance of the clean fast and fought it for a long time but I can honestly say that I happily drink my coffee black.

Thorns:
    • Food: I think it's been obvious from my lack of weight loss these last few months that I have NOT been sticking to my food plan very well. I joined WW in hopes that it would help keep me mindful and then I moved my mom in and the virus happened and I just haven't been able to get my act together. Except for this week, where I feel like I've had a shift and I've found my weight loss mojo! B)
    • Peace of mind: I'm not usually a very grouchy person but since being coped up in the house all month and not able to do my normal routine I have found myself snapping at my precious husband and just feeling blah. Truth be told I probably shouldn't watch as much news as I do and pick up a book or my Bible. :smirk:

Seeds for May:
    • Workouts: Today was day one of a 60-day program called Barre Blend. It will challenge me and take me completely out of my comfort zone but I am determined to give it my all and finish it. I joined an accountability team that the trainer runs, which will hopefully help keep me focused.
    • Fasting: It is my plan to push my clean fasting to 19 hours this month. I can already make it past 18 hours so it shouldn't be that hard. It's just a mental thing that I have to get past.
    • Eating: I am going to get on my eating plan fully and track my points and stick to them! I have already decided to eliminate my afternoon snack :cookie: which will help with points, make me hungry for dinner earlier, which in turn will help extend my fasting hours. Win-win!! :grin:
    • Peace: I have fallen out of the habit of reading my Bible in the morning and instead of turning on the news. I'm not waiting for May to start but will begin tomorrow morning with at least 15 minutes of reading. o:)
    • Habit Tracker: I keep starting at the beginning of each month and then fizzling out. NO Fizzle May for me! :p

NOW, I sure hope some of my other team members will do their lists. ;)
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nnbaby
    Week 5
    Monday
    PW: 209.5
    CW: 208.3
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I just wanted to let you know I'm going to stay out of the weight Challenge for the next month or two. I did post the last week of April today.
    I'm really sick, I've been in bed for the last 2 weeks. The doctors aren't sure what is happening. They are also treating me for lyme disease. So I have all that going on also. I just cant walk let alone exercise. I'm fighting fevers and throwing up, weak, muscles hurt. Anyway I think I'll take a little time to get better. I'll miss all your story's, and if I'm able to I'd like to continue ready them atleast. And I'll contact you in a while about joining again. Take care everyone and stay safe.
    Sharon
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    nbbaby wrote: »
    Hello
    I just wanted to let you know I'm going to stay out of the weight Challenge for the next month or two. I did post the last week of April today.
    I'm really sick, I've been in bed for the last 2 weeks. The doctors aren't sure what is happening. They are also treating me for lyme disease. So I have all that going on also. I just cant walk let alone exercise. I'm fighting fevers and throwing up, weak, muscles hurt. Anyway I think I'll take a little time to get better. I'll miss all your story's, and if I'm able to I'd like to continue ready them atleast. And I'll contact you in a while about joining again. Take care everyone and stay safe.
    Sharon

I’m so very sorry that you are still so sick!! We can put you on our cheer squad for as long as you need. That way you can read our posts and check in with us when you feel up to it. You won’t have to weigh-in until you tell us you are ready to. Please stay!! You will be in my prayers! 💖💖

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    A new member is coming your way! @jmbrown11 is joining you for May, and will be stopping in here to get to know everyone and get started. Enjoy!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @jmbrown11 welcome to the gang, can't wait to get to know you!

@mlhopp93 Crystal Light was a middle ground stop for me too on stopping Diet Pepsi daily. In summer I drink a lot of iced tea, right now I'm making ginger root/cinnamon stick tea real strong that I dilute in water, it's really good! I like lemon water a lot as well and drink a lot of hot tea though it's getting too warm to drink it all day now.

@nbbaby I'm so sorry you aren't doing well, you'll be in my prayers. I hope you still check in and let us know how you're doing.

@TeresaW1020 LOL, thank goodness your husband didn't say you would be so desirable in that outfit he couldn't keep his hands off you, then you'd be in trouble!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- Leslie Sansone weights, Jenny Ford aerobics, Cher dance video, HASFit back and biceps, AthleanX 7 minute abs, yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    30 minutes cardio- done
    Weights- 1/3, 0/3
    Yoga/core- done
    Recipe- just that awful carrot salad
    10,000 steps- done

Roses
    -Diet has been really good, I'm actually moderating for the first time in my life.
    -I'm doing good at switching up exercise to keep things interesting
    - I've managed to fall into a workout routine I can pretty much keep up with and have found good instructors.
    - Doing good planning a schedule under the circumstances
    - Discovered foam rolling!

Thorns
    -My calves HATE my new routine! One day they're better so I exercise, next day they're worse. I read it's more likely to happen because of not cross training as I used to do just as much or more cardio without this problem, just not so much stepping around workouts. My shoes aren't the most supportive but have tried doing routines without shoes and it was worse. I'm less likely to do anything with lower legs as far as weights because of it and I really want to keep my strength up.
    - Not sleeping the last few nights, I usually sleep 4-5 hours after taking my medication but haven't been able to stay asleep and have been up by 4 lately.
    - Getting into a bit of a sticky guy situation, I need to start journaling about it to work out what to do but really dislike journaling!
    - I'm feeling blocked toward upping my calories more. I want to put on a couple pounds of preferably muscle but feel scared to actually put weight ON for a change.

Seeds for May:
    - Get back to finishing up my resume. I'd just met with a career coach when all this hit and have a bunch of good resources to work through, just got less motivated once I couldn't leave the house.
    - Start streamlining workout routine so there's an actual plan aside of something new every day
    - Up calories by a little over maintenance
    - Spend time outside, even if it's just yoga under the tree
    -
This discussion has been closed.