What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    @SuziQ113 and @Hollis100. I didn't get a notification on this post either.
    'Be easier too if it was in a thread too. Not complaining. I just didn't want to blow off anyone who is kind enough to send me a response or info. Have a good day.
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    @BMcC9 I answered nodm just to say I have the same problem. Most of the time I don't get notifications and then suddenly I do. I think a few screws have fallen out of MFP.

My findings too, but I do not pay for premium....I do find if you're friends with someone and they post to their feeds you will get a notification. Not so much with groups and challenges.

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,435 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for a second sunny day in a ROW! at noon, it is already 16 C (~ 60 F) on its way to a whopping 20 (~ 68) by 4:00 ish
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    @Chinkiri - Love the way you use words. I can see the rising sun just as you described it. Oh, and how I love clean bedding (and so does Smokey the Cat).

@onward1 - One calorie budget trick I use - especially at the beginning or when I have slipped a little - is to divide my calorie budget equally for each of my meals. I usually eat three and want two snacks. With 1200 calories allotted to me for loss there are 300 calories for each meal and 100 for each snack. It forces me to seek out nutritionally dense foods. For me, I also find a really healthy breakfast that is high in protein sets the day on a decent path. So that may be two hard boiled eggs or a homemade plant-based protein smoothy. Meal planning also is a big help - I typically plan and prep for 2-3 days of meals.

@BMcC9 - Wow! 68 degrees - a heat wave for you!

Oh, it is my last day of vacation. I had taken Thursday and Friday off and I have been rather lax with my schedule. It was really needed and I am feeling more in balance. And, will be taking the 14th, 15th, 18th, and 19th off too. It is my BD weekend!

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    @nodm I get push notifications for anything in my wall (likes, comments, replies to comments) but not when someone @ 's me in a group, like UAC. For those, when I'm inside the community section or a group I'll see a red number next to the bell icon near the top which I can click on to see who replied to me.
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    @cjane917 Thank you. I found your post thanks to notifications! Thanks for the info. I’ll give it a try. I used to scroll through the past pages of posts which was a little tedious. If the posts were several days old, forget it. I consider them lost (lol) unless by some miracle I run into the post randomly. This is a lot easier. Thanks!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    @Chinkiri LOL May the 4th be with you too.

Prayers and positive thoughts to your son's friend.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    @Hollis100 Praying it's just a precaution. Better to be safe and checked out. Keep us posted.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    'the Starlets' NZ abba medley re covid. Wonderful positive "stay home to save lives / thank you essential workers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOXtKOziD6Mhttps://youtube.com/watch?v=hOXtKOziD6M
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    @Chinkiri
    Big hug to you. One day at a time......nothing like a cooing pidgeon. It must be mating season - LOL!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    @Chinkiri Big virtual hug. Know that you are heard, and that care and support is headed your way on the ether-net
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Bright but a nippy wind again today. I'm grateful for that second cup of (belgian chocolate flavoured) coffee i am having with lunch ... instead true home-made hot chocolate ... which requires ~ a full tablespoon of granuated sugar .... ( and that's BEFORE any marshmallows or whipped cream - which fortunately don't happen to be in the pantry)

and either today or tomorrow I will also be grateful for the smell of freshly baking bread wafting from my breadmaker machine.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri - Sending hugs!